Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey guess what! It's time to have fun with our annual tradition of mailing games to each other! This year's theme is monsters. gently caress it I don't know, I ran out of ideas five years ago. Last year was recycling. Just... just go with it.

:frogsiren:It's Lightning Bonus Round 1 Time! Don't worry, you haven't missed out on TG Secret Santa yet. Go ahead and sign up now for a lightning bonus round! See below.:orks::yeeclaw:

Rules Quick-Reference
See below for the full explanation of the rules; this is just a quick rundown:
  1. Post you want to participate, in this thread, with your gift preferences (required), general location, and your solemn vow.
  2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com with your mailing address, SA username, whether or not you'll ship internationally, and any important info.
  3. Receive and read your confirmation email, which arrives within a couple of days.
  4. Check your inbox on Monday, November 22nd for your Santee Assignment.
  5. Find your Santee's sign-up post in this thread, and read their gift preferences, if any.
  6. Send a gift worth at least $35 to your Santee. Mail it no later than December 17th, AND ensure it will arrive no later than December 22nd. MAKE A POST when you send your gift!
  7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift (whether you open it or not). If you're not sure if it's a TGSS gift, then open it, don't wait till xmas. I need to know you got your thing, and so does your Santa!
  8. When you open your gift, post what you got! Take pictures if you can.
  9. If you get a lovely gift, or nothing arrives, email tgsecretsanta@gmail.com so I can fix it.
  10. Stick around in the thread till it's closed, or at least until mid-January. There might be a follow-up thing you need to do, or a question to answer, or de-grinching to do, or a survey or something.

OK on to all the :words:
What's Trad Games Secret Santa?
It's an anonymized gift exchange with a Trad Games theme. Goons sign up to trade presents with other goons. I handle the anonymization of assignments, sending your personal information to a total stranger, who will then mail you a gift. Similarly, I'll send someone else's info to you, and you have to send them a gift. Fun!

How do I do it?
Read all the STEP BY STEP RULES in this post (scroll down) and follow them carefully. If you have problems with reading comprehension maybe read it twice or have an adult read it to you. There's ten whole rules and you have to obey them and follow instructions. Each of the rules has a reason behind it so don't skip them.

So I am going to buy something for someone?
Yes. You have to get a gift for a Trad Games goon. Ideally your gift should be picked out specifically for the goon you're assigned. Since this is the Trad Games forum, we're generally focused on games-related stuff, but you kind of have free reign so it doesn't necessarily have to be a game gift... but it probably should, unless you're reasonably sure your non-game gift will delight your target Santee.

Signing up for this is a financial obligation. It is not okay to sign up and then disappear, because someone will send you a present, and then whoever your assignment is, gets grinched. Please take a moment to think seriously about this before you just mash the Reply button.

How much does it cost?
US$35 (or its approximate equivalent in Foreign Money), plus shipping. The shipping isn't part of the gift value because it's not your Santee's fault they live in Timbuktu and they shouldn't have to have a worse gift just because you're 8000 miles away.

What if my Santee lives in an Exotic Foreign Land like French Guyana, the Lesser Antilles, or Scotland?
I try to match you to someone in the same country unless you volunteer for international gifting. If you are willing to cover the extra cost, then you can say so and I will randomly choose from among the volunteers where needed to gift someone overseas. If you do get matched up with a Foreign Goon, remember that you can often order directly from an online retailer in their country to avoid international shipping. If you don't want to get matched with a foreign goon, say so in your sign-up email. If you do actually mail something internationally you will need to ship it weeks earlier so keep that in mind!

This Year's Deadlines
Some time on Monday, November 22nd, (which is the beginning of Thanksgiving week in the US) I will make assignments and email them out. You will then have until THE MONDAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS which is Monday, December 22nd to get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee. To meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 17th. Keep in mind if you wait that long you'll have to pay a bunch for next-day air. If you choose to wait until the last minute then you have chosen to send your gift sent on time by using an expensive shipping option.

What if I forget?
Don't forget. Bookmark this thread. Maybe also set up an alarm clock in your calendar app or something? If you are the kind of person who gets excited signing up for things and then blows them off and forgets about them the next day, then this gig is not for you. Don't sign up. You can of course make things easier on yourself by just buying something and shipping it immediately after you get your assignment.

What if I don't get a present because my Secret Santa is an rear end in a top hat?
This is called “being Grinched.” If you get Grinched, like an old-west Sheriff I will round up a posse of de-Grinchers and together we will cover for the rear end in a top hat out of the goodness of our hearts. You will get a present no matter what. And Grinches get Stitches. There are consequences.We haven't actually had a grinch since 2016 so I think let's not dwell on it too much. A handful of goons are banned from TG secret santa but I haven't seen any of them in a long time so don't worry about it.

It's already after the deadline! Does that mean I can't participate?
You are in luck! After the first deadline, we run LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!. Beginning November 22nd, and continuing until roughly December 12th, we will have one or more extra bonus rounds. It works like this: you use exactly the same process to sign up. I collect names until either I have at least 8, or, a whole week has passed AND I have at least 3, whichever comes first. So each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND will have from three to eight goons. Then I do a mini-gift-round assignment. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins. Since the pool of participants will be very small, the odds that multiple goons will have to ship internationally go up, though, so keep that in mind. These last few years there's only been 1 bonus round.

I'm rich and/or greedy. Can I send two gifts?
gently caress yes you can! Just let me know in your email (step 2) how many gifts you want to send and receive, and I'll make it happen. Each gift still has to meet all the standard requirements. Also you'll need to actually open gifts as soon as they arrive, so we can identify which of your Santas you've been Santeed by.

I only want specific kinds of stuff
That's fine. Just put your requests in your post when you sign up. There's no 100% guarantee, but really that's just like Christmas at home, isn't it? The worst case scenario is you get some $35 Thing that wasn't exactly what you wanted. That's not such a big deal.

you didn't say you didn't want, uh, whatever this is...

I might get something I already have!
That's true. There's only one way to avoid this for sure, and that's by posting what you've already got. You can use boardgamegeek for that, or just make a list, or be more specific about what you do want. There's still a chance you get a duplicate of something you have, though. I can't think of a way to avoid it completely, so you need to be ready for this to possibly happen. I'm sorry.

if this is your game room, you have nobody to blame but yourself for the duplicates

What if I've never posted in Trad Games?
You're welcome too. If you have an SA account in good standing that existed before I posted this post, you're eligible to participate. Welcome to the club! Probably you'll get something TG related, though. Or a dong. If you have a brand new SA account registered after this post was posted, then I'm worried about you. Let's have a chat and figure out if you're trustworthy.

TGSS Mailing List
Would you like to receive a reminder of TG Secret Santa next year? Send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and ask to be added to the official TGSS Mailing List. I will use this list to send out a heads-up each year when I post the new TGSS thread. I won't sell or share the list with anyone, and I will use BCC: so you won't be sharing your email address with the other goons on the list, either. Of course you can also remove yourself from the list at any time, just send me a request and I'll take you off.

:frogsiren:FULL STEP BY STEP RULES:frogsiren:
These are step-by-step instructions in full. Just do all of them, in order.

1. Announce your intention to participate in this here thread. Put the following information in BOLD so it's easy to see:
  • Your Gift Preferences. This means describe things and categories of things you'd love to receive. This is mandatory. You can be specific but it's better to be general. E.g., “I'd love a blueray movie” or “I need tabletop wargaming scenery” or “I'd like the hardback Kings of War 2nd Edition Rulebook.” You can also specify things you don't want, like “I have enough dice thanks” or “I hate animes” or “Do not give money to Wizards of the Coast” or whatever. The more help you give your Secret Santa, the higher the likelihood you will get something that you will actually like. If you just put “I'd love anything at all,” be prepared to receive anything, up to and including Dongs. You might receive something you already own, especially if seems related to your post history.
  • Your General Location. You'll be telling me your mailing address via e-mail anyway, but goons like to know where in the world all the other goons are. It's funner that way. You can say things like “Chicago” or “Wisconsin” or “Australia,” however specific or general you feel like being.
  • Your Solemn Vow that you will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when you get your present and tell us all what you got and who sent it to you.

2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com containing the following information:
  • “Secret Santa Sign Up” or similar in the subject line
  • Your REAL NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS. Someone is going to mail things to you and they need to know how. If someone mails a thing to this name and address and you don't get it because you moved or it's not a real address or the postal carrier refused to deliver a package addressed to “CockDragon1986” or something, that's your fault and you will have self-Grinched which is the most embarrassing thing ever.
  • Your Something Awful login name. It should be obvious why I need this.
  • Your willingness or unwillingness to ship internationally. Please be specific if you have restrictions. For example, if you're only willing to ship within North America, please say so. Remember, shipping costs are in addition to the $35 gift guideline.
  • Anything else of importance. Special information might include a list of your mortal enemies which I had better not match you with, a date after which you will be at a different address, your allergy to cheese, or whatever. I promise not to match you (as Santa or Santee) with anyone you don't want to be matched with, and I will pass along any messages to your Santa or Santee that you need passed along. You can also ask questions timidly in this email instead of boldly in the thread, if you prefer.

3. Check for a confirmation email from tgsecretsanta@gmail.com
Everyone who signs up will get a confirmation email within a short amount of time (usually within a day or two). If you don't get one, check your spam filters and then let me know and I'll troubleshoot the issue. Your confirmation email is sent at the same time that I put you on the Spreadsheet of Cheer, so it's important.

4. Wait until Monday, November 22nd and then check your inbox. That is the day I will close registration for the main round, and assign names using a secret method. It's also the beginning of a holiday week for most goons in the US so maybe you can get an online discount. I will post in the thread as I get these assignments out.

You must keep your Santee's personal information secret and private. Don't post or forward or copy their real name, other fake name(s), address, or email address in the thread or anywhere else. Don't try to go visit your Santee, that's creepy. This is important. Respect your Santee's privacy.

5. Check the thread, find your Santee's first post, and read up on their greedy demands. And then buy them a present and mail it. The Officially Recommended Spending Amount is US$35. It is OK to spend a bit more than that if you feel generous. It is OK to spend slightly less than that if you have the perfect thing which costs $33.95, or whatever. But it is not OK to Grinch your Santee by sending them a used paperback book and $8 of baseball cards.
The only truly universal gifts are love and money. For everything else, it's best to consider whether your amazing gift idea would actually be delightful to your Santee. Many people like to leave their options wide open and you can feel free to send whatever you like to them. Others have a more focused domain of Trad Gaming they enjoy, and it's best to try and fit your present into that domain if you can.
If you get stuck on gift ideas, send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and I will help you out. I can ask your Santee questions while preserving the veneer of anonymity, and I also am full of great ideas for the difficult-to-shop-for.

Also, you must check with me (so I can check with your Santee) before sending food or alcoholic beverages to your Santee.

Sometimes you have a thing that you already own that you want to send, that's OK too, just try and figure out what that thing would be worth, roughly (in its present used condition of course), and make sure your giftee is delighted by your largesse instead of saddened by your cheapness.

Regarding handmade gifts:
A lot of us really enjoy the personal touch of a handmade gift, so this might be a great idea. But there are hazards. If you haven't already made your gift, be sure you'll have plenty of time. The estimate of value of the thing you made isn't “what I'd probably sell it for if I sold this,” it's “what my giftee would probably pay for it if they bought it from anyone else.” For example, it takes a huge amount of time to knit a pair of socks; but socks are still only worth a couple dollars to most people, even if you sell your handmade socks for $25. If your giftee asked for a Dice Pouch, it's likely they're thinking of a typical dice pouch which usually costs like ten or twelve bucks. So if you make one yourself, maybe you better fill it with some cool dice as well? Use your best judgment and run your plans past me if you have any doubt.

Regarding ebooks and Print-On-Demand services. PDFs and eBook versions of gaming products and POD services are not universally loved. I'd like you to please be certain that your giftee loves them before you send one. Check their post and if they don't mention it, contact me and I can confirm with them whether an ebook or printed-on-demand book is a wonderful or horrible thing. We need to confirm your e-delivery was e-delivered promptly because your Santee probably isn't expecting it. DTRPG has hosed up someone's order more than once, for example, so seriously: DTRPG and other e-delivered gifts require special attention and handling.

6. Send a gift to your Santee in a timely manner
Every shipping company is heavily impacted by the holiday shopping season. The sooner you get something shipped, the less likely it is to be delayed. Retailers may also run out of stock. In today's heavily-impacted logistics hellworld, shipping is especailly turbofucked. If you procrastinate and delay, you are still on the hook for on-time delivery, and that will mean having to select a more expensive shipping option. It's OK to take a few days or even a couple weeks if you need it to get your awesome present together, but keep your eye on the calendar and don't screw yourself over by waiting too long! If you can't afford like $100 for next-day shipping the last week before Christmas, then don't procrastinate!

If you purchase a gift online, please confirm with the retailer that the item is actually in stock. Check and make sure it's shipped, not just “ordered.” Get a tracking number and check it every day. You can send me your tracking number if you want, but it's up to you to monitor it and see that your gift got delivered. I can't monitor 100 tracking numbers. Let me know right away if there's a problem or delay.

If a gift receipt is an option, please get one. I know it's not always available, but it's best to make sure that if your Santee already has one of what you got him or her, he can return the new thing and/or exchange it for something else that is great. This isn't a rule, just a preference.

POST INDICATING YOUR PRESENT HAS BEEN MAILED BY NO LATER THAN Friday, DECEMBER 17th, 2021. Your gift has to be delivered by Monday, December 20th. To help meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 17th. Keep in mind that three days for delivery is quite unlikely unless you paid a lot for next-day delivery.
If you have some genuine excuse like “I am trapped in a blizzard” or “my house burned down and I can't afford a stamp” or “the vendor promised to mail it but I have discovered they were filthy liars,” that's OK, come post about it in the thread or send me an e-mail or ask your Red Cross coordinator at the disaster relief shelter to send me an e-mail. In this modern world there are very few legit excuses for being unable to communicate for several weeks. And you can avoid this altogether by just shipping a gift within a few days of getting your Santee assignment.
Military goons: if you might possibly be deployed, you should let me know in advance, and also maybe ask a friend or family member in advance to arrange to ship something if you haven't done so in time, and to at least email me when your gift arrives. Being deployed is not an acceptable excuse for failing to get a gift to your Santee or going AWOL on communications from me. If you can't deal with this amount of contingency planning, you should not participate.
Overseas shippers: if you are shipping something overseas, realistically you should give it at least three weeks for shipping! Strongly consider ordering something from a vendor in your target country to avoid long shipping times and the uncertainty of customs.

7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift
You can open it right away or you can wait till your preferred present-opening moment and open it then. Regardless, you need to post in the thread as soon as your gift has arrived. If you get a box and you're not sure if it's your Secret Santa gift, then you need to open it and find out. If you are a double or triple-gifter, you need to open the gift immediately when it arrives so we know which Santa's gift you got.
This way your anxious Santa knows you got your present, and I can register that they have fulfilled their duty by putting a symbol into a box on a spreadsheet, which I loving love doing, you don't even know. Please don't blow this off. Every year a few people dutifully send their gifts, and then disappear from the thread, and we are left with no easy way to confirm that they also received what they were supposed to. That's not being a Grinch, but it is a source of anxiety for your Santa and for me and that's not very nice.

8. Post what you got!
Whenever you get around to opening your gift, please let us know what you got. Take a picture! You should also say thank you and describe your joy. Half the fun of giving a gift is experiencing your Santee's pleasure. THIS IS AN ACTUAL RULE, NOT JUST A SUGGESTION. Saying “thank you” is the socially expected response to a gift, OK?. Some participants never bother and that's rude.

9. If you got a lovely gift, or didn't get a gift, send me an email immediately.
Email me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com if you get something lousy. That doesn't just mean you got a nice approximately $35 thing that you didn't especially want: unless you specifically said “I don't want RPGs” you can't really complain that you got an RPG. But, you do need to let me know if your Santa has not lived up to the spirit and intent of the rules, OR – and this has actually happened – if your Santa was victimized by a shady retailer who has ripped both you and your Santa off.

10. Please stick around in the thread until a week or two into January, or until I close the thread, whichever comes first
There are usually last-minute hiccups and if someone gets Grinched, I'll be asking for volunteer de-grinchers. This is likely to happen in January, if it happens. Even if you don't want to be a de-Grincher, you can still participate in the tarring and feathering, and that's not something to miss out on. Plus people sometimes get stuff a little late, like when they go back home from their holiday travel or whatever, and it sucks when they have nobody to share their fun with when they open their gift.

Disclaimers
This is the fine print. Nobody told me to put it here, but I'm anal about these kinds of things.

Participation in this event is voluntary. I am not employed by Something Awful LLC, Jeffery of YOSPOS, or any of its affiliates, sponsors, advertisers, subsidiaries, associates, officers, enlisted men, serfs, or holdings (hereafter referred to collectively as SomethingAwful). My volunteer position as a moderator does not in any way imply or bind SomethingAwful or myself in a legal way to any kind of responsibility or accontability for what happens with secret santa gift exchanges conducted on the forums. This event is in no way endorsed or sponsored by SomethingAwful. If you get ripped off by another goon, neither SomethingAwful, nor I, can promise you relief. Nobody's insurance is covering this. Any supportive or punitive action taken by SomethingAwful or its moderators or administrators, including stickying threads and punishing bad goons, is purely voluntary and ad-hoc and is not a promise or representation that SomethingAwful is actually responsible or required to take such action, nor a promise or representation that it will act in a similar manner in the future, present, or past. There is no gold fringe on our flag and we decline to create joinder. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

I promise to take reasonable and prudent steps to keep your personal information confidential. It is secured by the use of a reasonably obscure password on the tgsecretsanta@gmail.com gmail account. I also copy some of your personal information, including your real name and email address, to my Spreadsheet of Cheer which is stored on a reasonably secure computer behind a firewall. Participation requires that I send your personal information to another person, and I cannot ensure that that person will do the right thing and keep your info private. I also cannot guarantee that my email account or computer is impervious to being hacked or compromised. Obviously anyone who shares or abuses your private information is an rear end in a top hat and if I find out he or she did that and can confirm it then they goes right on the poo poo list immediately and forever, and I will also ban the poo poo out of them and recommend the admins permaban them. But you must agree not to hold me or SomethingAwful financially, legally, ethically, or spiritually responsible if that happens. Any further relief you seek will be between you and the rear end in a top hat and your respective lawyers, basically. Participating means you agree to these rules.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Once more the grim spectre of Santa stalks these forums. Creeping, seeking. His powers boundless, nonetheless I will not ask the impossible: a return to regular gaming. Like a classical god, the Santa has its limitaitons.

Gift Preferences: I dearly appreciate every gift I've gotten from TG Santas, and I remain a dedicated game gadfly, but to be frank the gifts I've gotten the most immediate and greatest enjoyment from have been weird movies. I love batshit terrible movies or just off-the-wall poo poo. The two highlights that always come to mind are Blood Diner and Ringing Bell. (So don't get me those!) My wife and I have been making a habit of watching horrendous Hallmark and Hallmark-adjacent Christmas romance movies for Christmas.

Likewise, my wife and I could use some new simple but fun board games. Scrabble is our go-to. Something that doesn't require unwavering concentration and can also be funny if you gently caress around with it.

That said, I am still very partial to interesting and cool RPG artefacts, even if what makes them cool and interesting is the weird historical footnote they ended up being. Here are the RPGs and board games I already have. I'm on the prowl for first edition Chronicles of Darkness/new World of Darkness books that are considered indispensable for Hunter or Vampire.

I'd rather not receive PDFs or PoD books, and I'm especially disinterested in D&D5E and minis in general. No video games, either, please.

Last year when I posted my gift preferences, I mentioned that I had imminent babies. They can't help but fulfill the "babies get born and then start growing" stereotype, and now my babies are almost a year old. So if my Santa-er is inclined, something year-old-related is totally cool! It's two babies because I'm greedy, so if twins makes a difference to how you might do a gift, that's great, but don't feel obligated. They steal poo poo from each other all the time, so no matter how singular your gift is it will go in both their mouths. I'm also interested in children-focused RPG stuff so I can start corrupting them at first opportunity, but the earliest any of that would be useful is still years off.

Here's an Amazon list full of random crap, mostly RPG stuff! Here's a Noble Knight list full of random crap, all RPG stuff! These lists include stuff that I just sort of want for the hell of it in the event I have unlimited money, but it should give you a fair idea of the kind of things I would really appreciate. There might also be stuff on the lists that I've already bought and didn't remove, so please if you're going to get me a book, double-check my shameful spreadsheet. I've also got tons of pending RPG Kickstarters, so you might need to double-check that if something cool recently came out and you think I might like it. I probably already backed it!

Dongs are fine if it's funny!

General Location: Literally Middle-America, USA

Solemn Vow: I swear to Grinch! I swear I will Grinch not just my Santee but every Santa and Santee in this thread. You can't loving stop me. I'll hack your IPs and Amazon and all your shipping addresses will be my butthole. I'm gonna, oh poo poo, heyheyheyyy c'maahn I'm a little TG poster, I'm just a little poster, noo, it's also my birthday, I'm a little birthday poster, I swear I woulda never grinched nobody with my little birthday posts.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 9, 2021

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Always super fun to buy gifts for random internet weirdos!

Gift Preferences:
- Weird old/used stuff. I miss going to a FLGS with piles of crappy RPG books, bad board games, wargames with punch-out unit squares in a big plastic baggie, etc (there's nothing like this near me). So help me re-capture that magic via the power of gifts.
- Board or card games, especially ones I can play solo or with my wife.
- Fantasy or Sci-Fi books
- Handmade or local stuff.
- Likely way out of the price range but worth listing anyway: a copy of either Virgin Queen or Here I Stand

In the end, if there’s something you really enjoy and want to share, that's great (dongs ok too). Preference is for physical stuff rather than POD or digital, but I understand that the latter might be easier.

Pro-tip: if you order something from Amazon, use Amazon.de, not Amazon.nl. The former ships to the NL, and generally has a much wider range/is usually cheaper.

General Location: The Netherlands

Solemn Vow: I ain't no grinch!

Rid fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 9, 2021

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Gift Preferences:

- Forge World Blood Bowl Star Players (Here is a visual guide of the ones I need grabbed from the website, with the ones I do have "whited out")
- GW Blood Bowl Treeman
- Playing Cards, but I have a pretty big collection already, so probably steer clear of this one.
- Obscure, intriguing, and/or pretty RPGs
- Obscure, intriguing, and/or pretty board games (I don't have a bgg list yet either, unfortunately, but I have a lot of these, so probably steer clear of this one too)
- Manga (one of the ones I got last year was Blame volume 1, and I already liked the creator (oh, excuse me, the mangaka), so maybe volume more of this one?)
- Really cool dice bags, but those are usually too expensive

I have a strong preference for physical items over digital ones.

General Location:
Missouri, but don't hold that against me.

My Solemn Vow:
I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present and tell everyone what I got and who sent it to me.

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 22, 2021

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Heck yeah i'm up for some Secret Santa.

Gift Preferences:: I think this year I'd like to shoot for more esoteric gifts. Miniatures for mechs or D&D characters would be a ton of fun (the more weird the character/mech, the better). Premade adventure modules would also be a blast to play around with - I already own Out of the Abyss and Dungeon of the Mad Mage for 5e, but i'd love to get a module to potentially run for the group. With RPG systems, I already have some books for 4e, 5e, 13th Age, LANCER, and Blades in the Dark. I enjoy crunchy systems (and 4e heartbreakers) so physical books for anything fitting those descriptions would be fun as well.

General Location: Midwest USA.

My Solemn Vow: I will not grinch my santee. I will post in the thread when I get my present and show everyone what I got.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Aww yiss it's santa time

Gift Preferences
I'm a huge fan of tabletop RPGs, but my shelves sag under my collection's prodigious weight! This does not mean that I do not thrill at the thought of new RPGs, but I may be running out of new stuff in the likely price range. If any well-heeled santoi want to get me hard copies of the Fria Ligan Alien, Mutant: Year Zero, or Coriolis RPGs that would be lovely. Similarly, Mophidius's Fallout, Dune, or Conan would be neat. I understand that most of these are above the default price range of the gift exchange, though.

I'm working on a huge backlog of miniatures! I love Games Workshop's Base and Contrast lines of paint, as well as Turbo Dork's line of colorshift paints, but I'm always up for new brands to ruin. Decent brushes or organizational supplies are also very welcome, and I've still looking around for a good magnifier or other visual aid if you have one you particularly like.

I foolishly love expanding my miniature backlog! Any neat miniatures for Games Workshop's Warcry are welcome, as are Orlock miniatures for Necromunda. I also play Malifaux, so the "Cutting Edge Technology" box, the Freikorps "Strongarm Suit"/ "Arik Schöttemer" mini, the "Karmic Debt" box, the "Ancestral Icons Box, the "One Born Every Minute" box or the Asami core box would all be great.

I'm also a huge sucker for metal dice, cool playing cards, or unique tarot decks.

General Location
PA, USA

My Solemn Vow
I shall not Grinch!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Rid posted:

Solemn Vow: 2020 has been awful, and I don't make to make it worse for somebody by grinching them. So I swear to get them their gift in a timely fashion!

does anyone want to tell them what year it is

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

LaSquida posted:

For many of us, it still feels like March of 2020.

Wait, what the gently caress do you mean it's almost 2022

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

TG Secret Santa is always a really good time :3: so I'm in again as well!

Gift Preferences:
RPG's are my main jam. I really prefer my Secret Santa stuff to be in tangible, dead-tree form, so please no PDF's (POD versions from DriveThru are good though, especially if the games aren't normally available or easily gettable otherwise). Here's a list of what I already own in physical form (see comments too). I've got a bunch more stuff that isn't on that list in PDF form, but none of the PDF stuff would be unwelcome as a physical version! New core books or supplements for systems that I already own are good, though I will say that I probably don't need any more FFG Star Wars... TG-adjacent books are also great. Worldbuilding, system-agnostic campaign settings, industry history, all of that kind of stuff.

My board game collection is pretty small and is therefore overdue for expansion, and can be found here with similar comments as my RPG collection. Co-op games (from 1-4 players) would be very welcome, as my group is very much not into competitive play. Any theming is good, but fantasy and sci-fi are easier to sell to the people I would play with than, idk, super specific European economic games. Casual and quick "warm-up" games are great too. I also have an unsated thirst for wargames which might be reflected in my BGG list, but literally nobody in my life will play these with me, so... maybe don't go the wargame route.

Beyond that, random stuff is neat and cool too. In terms of ~geek culture~ stuff, I'm a massive Star Trek geek, a huge history buff, a novice bedroom guitar player, an occasional very bad chess player, and a hobbyist beer brewer. Food and/or drinks are also welcome as an added bonus -- last year my secret santa was obviously from Scotland judging by the delicious can of IRN BRU that they included in my gift, and it was appreciated! I've never really gone for handmade stuff before, but I'm open for it this year, why not?

General Location:
Germany

My Solemn Vow:
I've never grinched anyone before, and it would be loving dumb to start doing it now. I will also very happily post in the thread when I get my gift to show off the neat swag that people send.

Drone fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Nov 21, 2021

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

LaSquida posted:

I am an idiot. Fixed!

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Aww yeah, it’s TGSS time!

Preferences
Huge fan of miniatures, especially weird ones. Looking to expand my painting options, as well - kinda stuck with GW/Army Painter/Vallejo for most of the time, and I’m too lazy to figure out what else is good. Games-wise, I do a ton of Blood Bowl and always appreciate sideline minis and such. I also cannot say no to greenstuff and sculpting supplies, because I accidentally started getting vaguely professional at that and burn through a bunch of it.

Weird dice are always super-cool.

Outside of the tradgames stuff, I am trans and lesbian as hell, so cool nail polish stuff, pride things, or adorable socks are always welcome.

The Oathening
I solemnly swear that I shall not grinch, lest my blocking dice always be skulls.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Preferences:
I recently lost all my old D&D stuff from when I was a kid (all the manuals, dice, miniatures, all my mini painting supplies, the works). I'd honestly be fine with anything nerdy, but D&D or mini painting stuff would be super swell.

Solemn Vow:
I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm all caught up with response emails for those of you who have signed up!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dear Santa,

You've always been good to me (at least in your TGSS guise), and this year's been just as poo poo as last year, just in different ways. But I'm alive. Let's call that a win for now, and celebrate by buying people poo poo.

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but the things that have hit the table and gone well recently include Star Realms, Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, 7 Wonders, and Tiny Epic Galaxies/Zombies/Dinosaurs. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing!

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome.

I like RPGs, but I have a huge collection that includes a lot of weird/obscure games already, and I'm in a rut where I'm not able to play anything so I'mma suggest against that. I don't play wargames or paint miniatures, either.

General Location

:scotland:

Solemn Vow

I solemnly swear that I will not grinch, lest next year is worse than this one.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I wasn't able to participate last year because I was short on cash, but this year I'm back!

Gift Preferences: Give me the weirdest, rarest, nichest tabletop stuff you can find. I don't care if it's second-hand, electronic, or what, just... interesting, odd stuff. No miniatures please because I hate painting them, but I'll happily receive e.g. a strange wargaming rulebook for something that no-one else plays.

If you can't think of anything -- and I don't blame you, I am nigh-impossible to buy for -- I have several wishlists available on request and would be perfectly pleased with something from them.

Vow: I'm a mod now, I will set a standard of responsibility for the rest of you to follow.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Hello gang. I have had an absolute nightmare of a year or two, but it's come back around in a big way in this last quarter. Here's hoping for a brighter 2022.

Gift Preferences: Right now I'm looking at either WFRP4e (anything, I have none of it! I like the starter set and the corebook and GM screen, but anything is good) or Free League's Alien RPG (I have the corebook and the starter set but would LOVE supplements, GM screen, etc.). If neither of those are options, I also like minis - AoS, Reaper Bones, those D&D and Pathfinder ones that are in every FLGS, just anything that's fun to paint.

Location: South of Walmart Hell and North of University Hell, Arkansas

Vow: I swear on the Sacred Siegfried Oath that I shall not Grinch. And as you all the, the penalty for breaking the Sacred Siegfried Oath is dess.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

santasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasanta:yayclod:

Gift Preferences
I like all kinds of things, from miniatures, to board games, to RPGs (that I never get to play but at least get to read), to game adjacent things like gear, merch, and gundams and other hobby kit stuff. I prefer physical things, but digital is fine too if that's what works for my santa. This is my BGG collection/wishlist, this is my DTRPG wishlist and all the RPGs I own should be on my Goodreads, and this is my roughly up to date miniatures collection not including big rear end boxes of Bones 2/3/4/5. Surprises, local delights, home made demonstrations of your skills/passions, food and alcohol, et al, are all fine with me, I mean there's lots of things that I don't even know I want yet :buddy:

Solemn Vow
Grinch?! Where?! :tfrxmas:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 11, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

hey check this out

data!

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
After ten thousand years imprisonment....I'm finally free. Time to conquer GIFTS.

Gift Preferences
I like to make things, so stuff like legos, mechano, kits, gunpla, etc are always a fun and welcome gift.
I have many many board games so please see our list, but anything not on our list is fair game. https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/amandaofdoom
I also like tiki stuff a lot (like the movement of the 30s and 40s) so anything you'd see at trader vic's is pretty rad.
(edit) I am also down for sci fi mini terrain that isn't GRIMDARK GOTHIC CATHEDRALS (/edit)
I like jerky. Jerky is rad.

Now the stranger started talking made it plain to folks around
Was an Arizona ranger wouldn't be too long in town
He came here to take an outlaw back alive or maybe dead
And he said it didn't matter he was after Texas Red.

Solemn Vow
Santa's power, gifting might
No evil scrooge shall fill my sight
Take this my gifting vow tonight
Delivery or death, never flight!

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning

NTRabbit posted:

santasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasanta:yayclod:

Gift Preferences
I like all kinds of things, from miniatures, to board games, to RPGs (that I never get to play but at least get to read), to game adjacent things like gear, merch, and gundams and other hobby kit stuff. I prefer physical things, but digital is fine too if that's what works for my santa. This is my BGG collection/wishlist, this is my DTRPG wishlist though I can't find a way to show my existing library (if you want to send me an RPG, ask leperflesh and I'll list what I have already, the upgraded DTRPG app is nice but still lacks a list share/export), and this is my roughly up to date miniatures collection not including big rear end boxes of Bones 2/3/4/5. Surprises, local delights, home made demonstrations of your skills/passions, food and alcohol, et al, are all fine with me, I mean there's lots of things that I don't even know I want yet :buddy:

Solemn Vow
Grinch?! Where?! :tfrxmas:

you should be able to make a list of what you have on good reads and share it, if you want.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Gift Preferences
I am into Gunpla, Vampire the Masquerade and Destiny 2 pretty hard at the moment. I dunno if any of that is super useful!
I love getting weird poo poo from other countries. I understand that shipping is kind of hosed this year though.

Solemn Vow
TGSS is a sacred and important thing. I still hold grudges against people that grinched over a decade ago.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Benedict posted:

you should be able to make a list of what you have on good reads and share it, if you want.

I already have a Good Reads, so I'll do that then, thanks!

e: Not as easy as it sounded, half of them don't exist on goodreads and most of the rest are difficult to find

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 14, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU SAD FUCKS! IT'S GIFTING TIME! :siren:

Gift Preferences
I like board games.
Please send me a board game Santa.
A board game with a minimum player count of 4 players would be grand.

These are the board games I already own

This is my WIshlist, which is up to date

Board Game Oracle has an Australian shop section for best prices locally
I hope this makes your life easier Santa.

General Location
Sydney, Australia :australia:

Solemn Vow
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want (if you don't post a wishlist list you dumb gently caress)
But I will find you, and I will gift you.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Hey, this is always fun :) I'd like to participate again.

Gift preferences:
I'm looking to do a lancer game in the future so something useful for that could be nice- mech minis or like art reference books for either mechs or general sci-fi stuff would be great.

Boardgames are cool, eurogame style seems to go down well with the group, but I've also been eyeing up the MicroMacro: Crime City recently which looks really fun.

RPG wise, (for some reason this is split into 2 lists? 1 2) zine sized mini-games or the like, either lightweight systems or ones with cool settings that can be exported.

General location: England

Solemn vow: No Grinches here. Nope. None.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 19, 2021

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Alright, sure.

Gift preferences: I have a ton of games, so it doesn't have to be a game; paints (including common colors, I'm basically out of everything), a new set of files/other tools for miniatures, or cool, unusual dice (not Q-Workshop, please) are very welcome. If you really want to send a game, you can check the "don't buy this" section of my wishlist, then go "lol nope" and pick something else instead -- I'm also participating in BGG Secret Santa so please don't pick anything not a 5 to prevent duplicates.

GTNM is my FLGS and can probably help via e-mail. Otherwise, Amazon Germany ships here no problem, and so do many other German stores.

General location: Austria.

Solemn vow: I swear-by my life and my love of it-that I will never grinch another man, nor ask another man to grinch me.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
I have always wanted to do this so I'm going to do it, gol durn it!

My Preferences: I'm just getting into miniature painting and I'm up for basically anything, really. Historicals are really cool, I pretty much live and breathe ancient history and some tiny Persians or Macedonians would be sweet, but I am not picky at all. Cool fantasy/sci fi/historical or even some cool basing materials or terrain would be neat!

My Location I am in the USA in the incredibly silly state of Utah.

My Vow: I swear by Herakles-Melqart that I will fulfill my sacred duty as a Secret Santa, may my bones be crushed if I fail this vow.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
It's been a few years, but I'm back and willing to renew my vow!

This year, since I have more than enough boardgames and RPGs already, my ideal gift would be some nerd game accessories. Nice bowls for components, a dice tower, a rolling tray, fancy sharp-edged dice, upgraded components, anything that makes the play experience a bit more luxurious. With that said, I wouldn't be mad if I ended up with another game (probably a boardgame, since I don't get to much RPGing any more). BGG collection here, and I think it's currently up to date.

Melbourne, Australia

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Aw yeah, time for another secret santa.

Preferences: I play Warhammer (Admech) along with Blood bowl and Necromunda. I'm down for most cool miniatures though. I also play a whole lotta magic, and always looking at neat accoutrement for it. more Hobby supplies are always useful. I really don't need any dice or additional board games. My closet is already full of board games that I can't get people to play with COVID going on.

Solemn vow: I ain't a grinch and I'm not about to start now!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Hell yeah, I love TG Secret Santa!

Preferences: I love cool miniatures, so I'm always down for those. I play Frostgrave and Gaslands with my son, so anything that would fit into either of those would be very welcome, especially terrain. Also, any just cool minis; I love painting miniatures that are unique or super detailed, or big, or just plain fun. I like Osprey's skirmish games and I will definitely play some of them other than Frostgrave one day. (I currently have Broken Legion, Chosen Men, and Frostgrave.) Additional skirmish games in that vein would be good to get as well. Paints and hobby supplies are always fun gifts to receive. No anime, dongs, or anime dongs, please.

Solemn vow: Never grinched, never will.

Cotton Candidasis fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 16, 2021

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Back again.............FOR MORE?!

Preferences: I'm heavily into Keyforge but really don't need more decks at this point, any creative solution for storing a lot of cards would be appreciated as I just moved and need something to store my collection in. I'm also very into boardgames and use my CSI List to track stuff I'm missing or wanting. Anything fun or handmade or local snack would be great too!

Vow: I ain't no Benedict Cumberbatch

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I keep forgetting to participate in these secret santas even though they are a lot of fun.

What I like:

Generally speaking, I would like to think I’m easy to shop for. I like practical things, in general. Like, now that I’m almost 33 :barf:

I enjoy fun socks, I enjoy videogames, I like tea, coffee. I would say I’m very left leaning, but don’t align with any mainstream groups exactly. I like Sci-Fi more than I like Fantasy, but I don’t particularly enjoy like, no offense, “SyFy” B-level stuff. I used to read a lot, but mostly just do audiobooks, because I can paint minis while I listen to them. I enjoy anime but barely watch it anymore, and have been dying to do D&D stuff, and just started a Pathfinder campaign and super happy about that with some goons.

I like music, usually metal, and I have an electric guitar (technically two, one’s my grandfather’s), a Ukulele, two Harmonicas, a recorder, a (non-zelda) orcarina, and a kalimba. I am not especially good at any of them, and wish I was better, but it’s hard to stay motivated and keep my attention/focus on something like playing an instrument if I’m not feeling like I’m constantly making observable progress. Maybe I just need someone’s constant criticism? I want to get a guitar pedal like https://www.electrofoods.space/nepenthes, but it’s very expensive for someone who barely knows some basic chords, but it would mean I could make my guitar do funny sounds and record it and learn how to do some post-rock/drone/sludge music (I’m sure someone is going to :argh: at not knowing more before getting a pedal, and I’d agree, but I’d make the argument that coercing yourself to spend more time by doing the stuff you want, is beneficial to learning since you’re spending more time with it). I’ve tried rockband/fender play and haven’t spent as much time on it anymore because it some of the chords keep kicking my rear end.

I like photography and have a nice camera, but I haven’t had the chance to spend as much time on it as I’d like. I also don’t know as much about photography, other than some basics like rule of thirds, and fiddling around with filters in lightroom afterwards. On a similar topic, I’m wanting to do more artistic things, whether with digital or traditional media, but just need to practice more.

I totally have been bit by the wargaming bug, in that I wish I had the money for all these cool wargaming things, but don’t have the money for most of them. Right now I’m focusing on Warhammer 40k Necrons and Ultramarines, but maybe one day I’ll be able to get some Sisters of Battle minis. I also bought the “Dominion” box of Age of Sigmar, because it was a good deal, but I think instead of focusing on building either army in the box (Orruk Warclans & Stormcast Eternals), I want to get some Ossiarch Bonereapers (coming from a necron owner, I realize that’s not very different, but skeleton stuff is cool). I want to get some stuff from Warmachine (played it once at a convention years ago), Star Wars Legions (star wars minis? sounds fun!), Fallout Wasteland Warfare (got the core box of this for my birthday, haven’t had the chance to play it yet, but I’d probably go for NCR faction first). I think for now I have enough paints, and I have bunches of art supplies, I suppose you can never go wrong with any “good” decent brushes. Most of my paint brushes are extremely cheap brushes in a pack, so eventually I want to upgrade to some good brushes so I’m not frustrated with the brushes I have after a few uses.

I also have been lucky to have the chance to rope my coworkers into playing boardgames with me, so we do that sometimes, but for other times, I have been interested in solo games. I have a few already (I try to keep my BGG profile updated…) but I’ll try whatever. It’s hard to not scour miniaturemarket.com for some cheap $5 board game to try, even if it might not be reviewed well. I have plenty of videogames, so I’m not sure videogames are a good choice, I don’t play them much anymore, mostly because I’ve run out of functional time during the day to actually play them, but, I’ve been eyeing Rimworld for a good long time, but it’s a bit outside of my impulse buy range, and I’m not even entirely sure I’m going to like it or not, having never played a game like dwarf fortress before. I tend to like turn-based RPGs, or somewhat relaxed strategy games. Age of Empires/Rise of Nations are always good games to play, though I haven’t played them in quite some time. I also don’t mind visual novels like Ace Attorney.

I have also been wanting to try and learn programming stuff to “level up” as it were, at work, or use it as an excuse to branch out into something useful like game development or whatever. I’m still trying to figure out exactly what I want to learn there, but it sounds like maybe Python? A means to an ends as foundation to do the thing I feel like I might rather be doing.

Anyways, that was a lot of words, but I’m sure that should give anyone plenty of ideas of what to work with, I’m not super picky. The above was a list of things I like, most of the stuff I dislike is just “people who are mean/cruel” and “brussel sprouts” and even for that last one it’s not a hard-no, just a :colbert:

Northeast coast, USA

Promise:

No one wants to be Grinched, so I promise not to do that. I’ll promise to do my best to come up with something nice for a secret santa.

https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Gvaz

I don’t really keep wishlists very well organized, but I do keep that up to date above best I can.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

LET IT BE KNOWN that I, Wrr, intend to participate in the act of giving and receiving gifts, in secret. I do this of my own sound mind and volition.

Preferences I am new to the table top gaming world so I don't have much. I like the collecting and painting aspects of Infinity so some Infinity troops or, say, that $1000 copy of Infinity Defiance being scalped on Ebay. I've got the recent Operation Crimson Fist, and its pre-order / event exclusive stuff surrounding it. I also have the Operation Red Veil set. All the models and factions are cool imho. I think I have enough paint right now. I really like the basing aspect of painting minis and am considering doing diorama going forward. I like the surprise aspect but I do have some specific minis and items on my wishlist if you are super hard up for ideas; we can just chat and get a vibe.

I guess I can say more and say that I am into the idea of solo games, and I wouldn't say no to some post-apoc / modern russian figures for Zona Alfa.

I'm not much of a board game person, and I have more than enough video games as is.

Location I will be in the SF Bay Area during Christmas time!

I VOW! UPON MY HONOR AND UPON MY GOOD NAME IN THESE FORUMS! I VOW TO SEND A GIFT WORTH OF A GOON!

Wrr fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 17, 2021

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I'm down to clown and share the trad game good cheer

Preferences COVID got me big into solo games, especially ones where I get to push little models around on a tabletop, also recently got into solo board games of the adventure-y variety. More interested in fantasy & sci-fi settings than modern or post apoc. I really like games that can be run both solo & in a group (usually 4) without much of a difference in gameplay. If it's got a nice physical book that's also a plus.
I'm also interested in "grounded" or "mundane" fantasy ruins or forest terrain and minis to spruce up my games. Metal minis are cool with me, though probably have enough North Star plastics to last a lifetime.
Not the biggest fan of the GW aesthetic typically.

I have:
Pretty much everything I'm interested in related to Rangers of Shadowdeep & Frostgrave
Five Parsecs from Home & Five Leagues from the Borderlands
Iron Helm, Desolate, etc.
Thousand Year Old Vampire
Ironsworn & Delve
Cartographers & Heroes
OG Dwarf King's Hold, but none of the expansions
Spire's End
More than enough dice!

LocationCentral Texas, USA

I give my solemn vow that I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and post in the thread when I get my gift with all the details!

Nancy fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 18, 2021

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Tis the season to be jolly, and to also remorselessly crush your family and friends in the trad game of your choice.

Gift Preferences:

If you have any questions about this stuff feel free to ask Leperflesh to ask me, but honestly whoever you are secret santee I'm just thrilled to get something so don't stress too much! Here's some ideas off the top of my head.

Boardgames: Generally I like games with low-to-minimal luck and interesting strategic or tactical considerations. Will happily play incredibly abstract/dry poo poo and will happily play solo poo poo. To help, here's some stuff that I have and have enjoyed lately: Modern Art, Mottainai, Under Falling Skies, Nemo's War, Pax Pamir, Root, Santorini, Azul Summer Pavilion, Race for the Galaxy, Tzolk'in, Dominion (various). Please no trick taking games, party games, Dominion expansions, or other versions of Azul - I have more than enough of 'em.

RPGs: I plan to try running some Dungeon Crawl Classics soon, and would love a physical copy of the DCC core rulebook and/or any adventures or DCC related bits and pieces that you think I might like! Please no PDFs, I'm very bad at actually using any of the mountain of PDFs I have - having a physical copy greatly increases my chances or actually getting it to a table.

Miniatures: Please no minis or mini-related stuff.

Books: Cool non-fiction books about tabletop stuff very welcome.

Booze: Any mead that isn't Daringa, Maxwell's or Thistle Meadery. Prefer traditional flavours to wild and crazy stuff, and generally dry (as dry as fermented honey gets anyway) to overwhelming sweetness.

General Location: Australia

My Solemn Vow: May the gods old and new witness my vow, that I have never grinched before and don't intend to start now!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
After an absence of a year due to COVID issues, I return for the 2021 Gathering of Santas!

Gift Preferences:

I am a miniatures game fiend and usually ask for terrain. A nice ruin or some MDF is always good. I play quite a lot of spaceship games too, so a good planet goes a long way. Black Seas and Mantic's Armada have had my eye lately and I'm fond of old Uncharted Seas stuff. I also love the various -grave boxed sets although I have the Cultists, Barbarians, and Soldiers 1 boxes already. Eyeing up the Dead Man's Hand range with interest.

EDIT FOR LIGHTNING ROUND: Santa has already brought me a Black Seas starter box and a gonzo RPG in the form of Mutant Crawl Classics.

I've recently gotten into indie RPGs so I'll read your strange but beloved setting books, and could actually use more dice (especially strange dice, they're always fun).

Not that into boardgames at present for Pandemic Reasons. Also I don't drink so please no booze.

My Solemn Vow: It be well for a grinch that he should not be here, for he would be taken from this place and his gaskin slit, his moules shown to the four winds, his welchet torn asunder with many hooks and his figgin placed upon a spike.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 10, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's great to see several long-time TGSSers showing back up after an absence. Welcome home!

We're rapidly approaching the deadline of the 22nd for the main round, and we're at about 28 or so goons signed up. A smaller crowd than past years to be sure, but still more than enough to ensure we have a good pool for secret santa!

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I did this last year for the first time and ended up with a lovely two-player game that my wife and I have brought with us on every vacation we've taken for the last year. Thanks SantaGoon!

Gift Preferences:
I am predominantly a dude who plays board games. I haven't been into CCGs or RPGs in a long time because I unfortunately don't have a consistent group to play with. For board games, the wheelhouse has been games that scale from 2-4 (or 4-6), as my wife and I typically play against each other or with other couples. We've enjoyed a wide variety of games ranging from simple co-op games like Forbidden Desert to engine-builders like Wingspan and Terraforming Mars to bluffing games like Skull and Secret Hitler to party/press-your-luck games like Camel Up. I absolutely loved Gloomhaven and think it's the best board game I've ever played...but the rest of my group thought it was tedious and overly complex. So as much as I'd love to bring Arkham Horror or Mansions of Madness to the table, it'd probably bounce off. The biggest hit that I've brought to a game night was Galaxy Trucker. Goddamn that's a great game.

I'm definitely down to try games with unique and interesting mechanics. We've never done any type of dexterity-based game, so something like Flick 'Em Up would be cool, I think?

Here's my BGG collection which should be up to date.

General Location: Michigan

Solemn Vow: No grinching will happen here. I am also happy to buy my Santee a slightly more expensive gift if I feel it will meet their needs better than something low-budget.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Almost zoned out right past the deadline. Love 2 participate in this.

Gift Preferences: I like weird but useful dice, and even moreso I like weird but useful miniatures. I mostly play generic fantasy RPGs so things that could be PCs, NPCs, weird monsters, etc, or things like interesting terrain: dungeon details and whatnot.

General Location: Florida, unfortunately

Solemn Vow: There's never been a grinchy me, and never shall I a grincher be.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Think I might give this a try this year, after missing a lot of years.

Gift Preferences:
Don't get me board games, I have more than enough and I already don't play them enough to warrant me getting them more. I'm into Final Fantasy XIV or Monster Hunter at the moment, so anything from that would be cool. In terms of RPG I'd love to get Heart (the one that uses the Spire system) or Flying Circus or Delta Green or any other quirky system (I have a lot of PbtAs and Blades in the Dark system, so if you are thinking of them, would probably be better to ask before buying).

General Location: UK

Solemn Vow: I haven't grinched in the past, and I'm not gonna grinch now.

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I loved doing this last year so sign me up again.

Gift Preferences

Boardgames in general, here's my BGG profile which has my collection so you can see what kind of terrible nerd I am. Things which are great 2 player that I can play with my wife are great or I have a board game group which is good for anything but ideal if it was 5+ players.

General Location : UK :scotland: Happy to ship anywhere though.

Solemn Vow: I will never grinch someone.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 23, 2021