Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

No post yet from: Cone of Tragedy
No email yet from: Aggro, Aramoro

Everyone else is signed up :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Gift Preferences:
In no order in general:
- Wargame terrain suitable for historical or fantasy in 15mm or 28mm.
- 28mm miniature(s?) suitable for Rangers of Shadowdeep or The Silver Bayonet or Oathmark (can be a unit box). No GW models please (because they cost too much!).
- Army Painter paints that are not a shade (I have all of those already).
- 28mm British or French Napoleonic unit (for Black Powder)
- Wargame boardgame that has counters with NATO unit symbols (that I can play solo?), or any game about Waterloo. I am not into other boardgames
- BCMI/1st Ed/2nd Ed D&D book that's not a base rule book. I have a somewhat random collection already. No PDF's or retroclones please - this is so I can read it and enjoy thinking of the old days of roleplaying and seeing all the TSR books I never could afford when I was a child.

General Location: Melbourne, Australia.

Solemn Vow: You have it.

Email sent.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 20, 2021

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
ONCE MORE INTO THE BREACH!

Gift Preferences
I mostly do miniature gaming. Here's a list of what I play.
Guard, Genestealer Cult, Ad Mech, Orks
Team Yankee
I'm full for the following armies; East German, West German, and Iranians
If you want to send something to start a new army, go for it.
FoW
Soviets, Germans, Italians, Poles
Star Wars Legion
I've literally bought my first box of Rebel Troopers today.

I am very receptive to gently used minis, especially older metal Guardsmen.
Just about anything I cool by me. It doesn't have to be game related.

General Location
NW Florida

Solemn Vow
I am no Grinch!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gift Preferences

Books, books, books, love me some books. A leaky air conditioner two years ago destroyed most of my non GURPS books so anything is welcome. Also solo or two player boardgames.

Vague Location: Illinois

Solemn Vow: I have never grinched and I certainly don't plan on doing so now.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Back at it!
Gift Preferences
flames of war Early War Europeans, anything that glows in the dark, paints or miniatures supplies.
Also any 15mm terrain or microarmor, I eat that up. Or digest sized RPGs!

Oh God I hope I don't regret this but old-school Slaanesh and anything that would find a home in a 2e/3e Emperor's Children force.

And I love French tanks in any form, scale, or era. Even when the Germans welded crazy guns to them.

Vague Location: Northeast US

Solemn Vow: No room for grinches on this ship. I've never grinched and never will.

Email sent!

moths fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 22, 2021

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
I haven't done one of these in years and never in TG, so I'm pumped as heck.

Gift Preferences

I love tiny mans, dice, and mind flayers. I don't play Warhams but if you have any Nurgle bois or printed Nurgley things to send my way I'd be very happy. Please no on: board games, Reaper minis (got too many), WizKids minis (don't like them), paint that isn't Citadel technical/contrast/washes (oh god I have too much paint), and anything Spire/Heart that's in print (I have all the things). Oh, and my favorite color is purple.

General Location: Austin, TX

Solemn Vow: Ain't gonna grinch.

DressCodeBlue fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 22, 2021

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Alas I probably can't participate this year due to bad timing on job-related stuff. Hopefully there's a bonus round later I might be able to catch!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
This always sounded like a lot of fun, so tossing my hat in the ring to partake!!

Gift Preferences

I love boardgames, and will have to make a list tomorrow on BGG on what I have, and basically always play with 4 people.
Co-op, competitive, doesn't matter lol
We drink, smoke and have a drat great time
Any expansion for Viticulture would be welcomed!

I'm also into Epic Horus Heresy(6mm scale Warhammer 30k) and wouldn't be opposed to any books that include the Iron Warriors, World Eaters or Word Bearers
Or hell, even like a book for the game Flames of War

General Location : Utah but I'll ship anywhere

Solemn Vow: I will never grinch someone. If someone is grinched, please let me know. I'll do my part to help a Goon in need
[/quote]

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sorry to hear it, Rhjamiz. We've never not had a bonus round since I've been running it, so I'd say the odds are pretty good, although participation overall is down a bit this year.

Everyone, my crown fell out tonight and I need to schedule an emergency dentist appointment tomorrow: plus I'm conducting an interview at work, and I'm getting my Covid booster shot in the afternoon. I think I should still have time to process the matchups tomorrow night (the 22nd, as promised), but there's a chance I could be delayed a day. Just wanted to give you all a heads up so nobody panics.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Holy poo poo, I almost missed this! I want to participate!

Gift Preference:
Handmade stuff, weird obscure stuff, old stuff.

If you're buying something new, pretty much anything that falls under the Traditional Games umbrella is fine. Random RPG books, random euro games, random Ameritrash games, random miniatures, whatever. As long as you don't buy me something like Munchkin I'm happy.

Edit: if you're the kind of person who prefers to know exactly what to buy somebody, I could use Negation Angels, Negators, Void Archons, or Death Archons which are models for the game Warmachine.

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:
I bought gifts for three people last year and Grinched none of them. I ain't planning on doing it this time.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 27, 2021

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I'm in a similar situation to rhjamiz, hopefully I'll be able to participate come bonus time. The worst part is I've barely been able to use the dice tower that Leperflesh made for me for last year's exchange.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
poo poo, I've been waffling on doing this since I'm paranoid about getting a bad gift for someone but uh may as well.

Gift Preference:
I have a lot of board games, wouldn't mind another (preferably a coop game to play with my partner) but I also like board game organization solutions, ways to spruce up games I own, things to make playing games easier, that kind of thing.

Or just cool/unusual stuff that isn't just display tchotchkes, since with all these dang board games I barely have enough space as is :P

Username 'nicholasb' on bgg to see my collection.

General Location:
Ontario, Canada

Solomn Vow:
I was grinched in elementary school during a secret Santa once and it made me feel like poo poo so I would not want anyone to feel the same, won't be doing that.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 23, 2021

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I wanna make someone's holiday merry.

Gift Preferences:
I love Chewbacca and Orks.
I recently moved into a house and my walls are in need of decorations
I paint miniatures but I think I've got enough of them unpainted already (I mean unless they're really fuckin weird), I'm getting into making terrain so any neat bits and bobs for that would be cool
I play RPGs and board games, so accessories for either would be fun.

Be creative, I tend to just buy any generally available stuff I want/need. Or if you've international send me something I can't find in the US.

Vow:
Grinchin' is for suckas

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yo Ho ho ho gimmie some fuckin' presents

Gift Preference:
I have a fairly large board game collection, many (not all unfortunately) of which you can see here https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Majic510. Expansions and new games are v welcome, with the caveat that most of my game time is either two-player, or with five people, so it can be a lil tricky to thread. Super interested in more solo play roll&writes if you know of something neat there. I'm building a physical RPG book collection, and lean almost exclusively on the indie side, almost anything ExaltedFuneral sells is gonna tick a box for me. Been looking for a copy of TROIKA or MORK BORG for a while js js js

Also handmade stuff is awesome, weird curios, big box of chocolates, whatever. Avoid marvel, funkopop, etc poo poo

I dunno if it'll help but I tweet a lot at @SandyPugGames if you're a particularly investigative santa

General Location
Washington DC, US

Solomon Vow
I'm more here to give gifts than receive them tbh i wouldn't dare grinch

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My name is Leperflesh and I have been mostly good this year.

Gift preferences:

With lockdown extending through two years, I've had precious little ability to gather my crew for gaming, and my boardgame closet is frankly, overstuffed. I also have too many RPGs to try. Still, perhaps there's a thing or two that I could cram in?

Here's some ideas:
I'd love a custom set of dice from our own dice-making goon, Shima Honnou. They're crisp, cool looking, and very affordable.
Here's my boardgame collection on Boardgamegeek. If you can find something that is small, that'd be nice. My wife plays co-op games with me sometimes, so a non-adversarial 2-player co-op game would be cool (last year a goon got me Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion, which is very cool, but was a bit too tactical wargame-y for her. She loves Mysterium, though, and also likes to play Escape the Dark Castle.) I also play two-player adversarial and co-op games with my sibling, and if we can ever get past covid, games for 3+ players are an option too.
I love booze, food, stuff for my cats, fun little toys, movies and books and nerdy stuff. I also do woodworking, photography, hiking, and watch too much football.
If any of that doesn't inspire you, or if you want to ask a sneaky question, trad games veteran goon Aldantefax knows me IRL and can maybe help you out.

General Location
Bay Area, California

Solemn Vow
:toxx: if I should ever grinch, my account is forfeit. Upon my honor, I shall not fail.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 23, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Yo Ho ho ho gimmie some fuckin' presents

I'm starting to process matchups and I don't have an email from you yet. Get it in quick, like in the next hour, and you can probably be included in the main round: if not, you'll have to go for the first lightning bonus round instead.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Assignments are all done!

Everyone should have an email in their inbox, from tgsecretsanta@gmail.com, with your assignment. Please check carefully and let me know if I screwed something up, I often do! Screwups include: you got multiple assignments, you didn't get one, I sent you something but addressed someone else in the text, I sent you your own info as your santee, that kinda poo poo.

I'll kick off the first lightning bonus round tomorrow!

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Gift ordered but has a long lead time. Should be good in time for the deadline, I'll send an email if that changes due to... Everything.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I have now sent my gift, as was my duty

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Me on my way to gently caress up my Santee with presents
(Next week when I get paid so I can get them the Good poo poo)

https://i.imgur.com/flKadCm.mp4
Sound

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Whoo, gift planned and other stuff getting prepped. Here’s hoping I can ship before December starts.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bing bang boom, gifts ordered!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright kids now it's time for
LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!

Lightning bonus rounds are how you take part in the Trad Games Secret Santa thing after the deadline for the main round is passed. It's also how you can be greedy and exchange more than one present with your fellow goons!

Beginning today (November 23rd), and continuing until no later than December 11th, we will have a series of one or more extra bonus rounds and YOU can participate. The LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS work a lot like the main round. All of the rules apply except for the deadline for application. Re-read the rules in the OP just in case you forgot them.

OK so to sign up I post in the thread and send you an email?
Correct. You must do this even if you participated in the main round. Post in the thread. If you already participated in the main round you can link to your original post or just quote it to show your gift preferences. You must send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com as well; if you already sent one this year I don't need your address again, but I do need another email regardless. My response to that email is your only confirmation that you've successfully signed up.

What then?
I will end each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND according to whichever of the following things happens first:
  • 8 people sign up
  • 7 days have passed and at least 3 people signed up
  • We reach December 11th

Once each round closes I'll randomize the participants in the round and you all exchange gifts. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And of course the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins.

What about international shipping? :ohdear:
You can still tell me you prefer not to ship internationally – if it's impossible for you, let me know and I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen. But if you live outside the US it's probably required to ship internationally. Bear in mind that you can always buy something online from a store that operates in your target country and thereby avoid expensive shipping costs. (You might have to pay a currency exchange fee but that is typically much less money.) If I get a pool that contains nobody else in your country and you said no thanks to international, I will contact you to check if you'd rather take a pass, before I do the matchings.

It's better though if LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND participants can all ship internationally. Remember, you can always just order something online from the destination country: you usually just need a credit card.

So then what's the shipping deadline?
Of course, as we close in on Christmas day, you will have less and less time in which to accomplish purchase, shipping, and delivery. You'll have to pick an appropriate delivery option and be certain whatever you're buying is either in your hands, or definitely in stock at the retailer of your choice. You are still supposed to ship your item absolutely no later than December 17th AND get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee by December 20th! This is part of the challenge! But it probably means that you won't have time to make a hand-made gift or wait for something that is out of stock to get restocked. Strongly consider ordering online from a major retailer with a strong reputation for shipping things immediately.

Will I get matched with someone I've gifted or been gifted by before?
Possibly. For the main round I do my absolute best to avoid this. But with limited goons, it's possible that the only way to be polite to the no-international-please people is to match you with someone you've gifted before. As always, you can give me a list of your mortal enemies and I won't match you with someone you despise.

ROUND ONE BEGINS NOW GO!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

GIFT IDEAS

Hey folks, I just wanted to remind everyone of some resources right here on SA. Please consider these options while shopping for your secret santa:

SA-Mart:
Handmade RPG Dice, made by goon hands
The Magic: the Gathering Buying/Selling/Trading Megathread
Coupons and Deals:
Boardgame Deals - YOU CLEARLY AREN'T DOING ENOUGH BONDAGE, BUDDY!
Books/Ebooks/Comics Megathread
Trad Games threads! Step outside of your usual bookmarked threads. Trying to pick a boardgame for your santee? Check out the boardgame thread. Wanna learn a bit about warhammer 40k so you can get your Santee the right little plastic people? Ask in the 40k thread. Nobody knows who your Santee is so you can ask generic questions pretty safely without spoiling the fun.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

TOO LATE, I've already shipped to my Santee.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Gift purchased and on its way!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Gift Preference:
Handmade stuff, weird obscure stuff, old stuff.

If you're buying something new, pretty much anything that falls under the Traditional Games umbrella is fine. Random RPG books, random euro games, random Ameritrash games, random miniatures, whatever. As long as you don't buy me something like Munchkin I'm happy.

Edit: if you're the kind of person who prefers to know exactly what to buy somebody, I could use Negation Angels, Negators, Void Archons, or Death Archons which are models for the game Warmachine.

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:
I bought gifts for three people last year and Grinched none of them. I ain't planning on doing it this time.

If there is Lightning Round I would love to be a part of it. I'm quoting my previous post here. I also edited it with a little more info, so if my initial Santa was struggling for an idea maybe it'll be helpful.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 27, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Item(?S) ordered for Santee. The site says they are in stock. Hope it arrives before 2022 but with this Global Shipping Crisis and Local Postal Service Claiming They Can't Hire More People For Reasons, who knows.

Some assembly will be required. Sorry about that chief.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 24, 2021

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Gift ordered and on it's way.

Also I'll sign up for a lightning round, I'll quote my previous message as it's still true.

Aramoro posted:

I loved doing this last year so sign me up again.

Gift Preferences

Boardgames in general, here's my BGG profile which has my collection so you can see what kind of terrible nerd I am. Things which are great 2 player that I can play with my wife are great or I have a board game group which is good for anything but ideal if it was 5+ players.

General Location : UK :scotland: Happy to ship anywhere though.

Solemn Vow: I will never grinch someone.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cheer has been deployed.

And what the hell, Lightning round me, baby!

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa,

You've always been good to me (at least in your TGSS guise), and this year's been just as poo poo as last year, just in different ways. But I'm alive. Let's call that a win for now, and celebrate by buying people poo poo.

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but the things that have hit the table and gone well recently include Star Realms, Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, 7 Wonders, and Tiny Epic Galaxies/Zombies/Dinosaurs. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing!

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome.

I like RPGs, but I have a huge collection that includes a lot of weird/obscure games already, and I'm in a rut where I'm not able to play anything so I'mma suggest against that. I don't play wargames or paint miniatures, either.

General Location

:scotland:

Solemn Vow

I solemnly swear that I will not grinch, lest next year is worse than this one.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Gift ordered and on its way to me so I can wrap it up. Got some extra goodies to put with it.
I've never felt so nervous picking out a gift lol

Edit: quoting myself, let's do that Lightning Round

Tiny Chalupa posted:

This always sounded like a lot of fun, so tossing my hat in the ring to partake!!

Gift Preferences

I love boardgames, and will have to make a list tomorrow on BGG on what I have, and basically always play with 4 people.
Co-op, competitive, doesn't matter lol
We drink, smoke and have a drat great time
Any expansion for Viticulture would be welcomed!

I'm also into Epic Horus Heresy(6mm scale Warhammer 30k) and wouldn't be opposed to any books that include the Iron Warriors, World Eaters or Word Bearers
Or hell, even like a book for the game Flames of War

General Location : Utah but I'll ship anywhere

Solemn Vow: I will never grinch someone. If someone is grinched, please let me know. I'll do my part to help a Goon in need
[/quote]

Edit edit: Here's my geeklist. I think this is most of my games....maybe?

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/292020/current-boardgames

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 25, 2021

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Five by five, cheer has been deployed Kapow

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I feel dumb for asking this, but we're supposed to ID ourselves in the package we send out right?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

InternetJunky posted:

I feel dumb for asking this, but we're supposed to ID ourselves in the package we send out right?

Wouldn't be very secret if you did!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It doesn't really need to be secret once they get the gift, so I think you're fine to reveal who you are in the package. Otherwise, since people will post pictures in the thread when they get their present, you can respond to those pictures and reveal yourself then.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I'm trying to order a custom made gift and I am concerned it might not show up on time; should I abandon the idea and find something faster? What does the experienced Santa-ers think?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Leperflesh, would you be willing to share links to previous TG Secret Santa threads? I found 2020 but nothing earlier, probably because Im dum.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

gschmidl posted:

Leperflesh, would you be willing to share links to previous TG Secret Santa threads? I found 2020 but nothing earlier, probably because Im dum.

Not Leperflesh, but I've got some old ones bookmarked.

20-
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3947418&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

19-
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903744&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

18-
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874029&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

17-
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840013&pagenumber=10&perpage=40

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

WereGoat posted:

Not Leperflesh, but I've got some old ones bookmarked.

:mods:

More seriously, thank you!

e: so many cats :3:

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Wrr posted:

I'm trying to order a custom made gift and I am concerned it might not show up on time; should I abandon the idea and find something faster? What does the experienced Santa-ers think?

I got a custom gift last year, and some of it arrived before the deadline while some was delayed. I was thrilled with the gift and did not care in the slightest about the timing.

I think it's a strong likelihood that for most people the cool factor of a custom item outweighs the "I want it now" part, but obviously I can't speak for everyone.