Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Shipping still looks on time but I sent a small additional gift to make sure something gets there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Finally sharing the images. The package before I even opened them had me curious. And something about a tree giving goondolences for giving gifts.

And then holy crap! New brushes, a cool playmat, some sicarans, and a very soft blanket! Thanks Santa!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Santa DE-FUCKIN-LIVERED today

I heard a tippy tap from my front porch and found two boxes waiting for me.

The first one was from GreenBuckanear and contained this cool Chewbacca Mug and some terrain bits.

Super cool especially because I used to have a similar chewie bug that got broken during a move.

Opening the second box revealed this beautifully wrapped package, and very classy envelope.

It contained a cute little Christmas Life Day Porg card

Which opened up to this awesome pop-up Chewbacca inside.

But the actual gift...

A limited edition 35mm frame of Chewbacca from Empire, but not just any frame, the frame of Chewie looking slightly uncomfortable as Leia makes out with Luke!. SO RAD!

Thank you. ibntumart!

Then I left to go to a doctors appointment, and on the way out the driveway the mailman ran up with a mailing tube and I had to assure him that yes indeed I was the Bucnasti that the tube was addressed to.
I left the tube in the car and went to the doctors for a routine checkup.
Then got stuck in 3 loving hours or LA rush-hour traffic on the way home. It was miserable and I was very grumpy when I finally got back into the house, then I remembered the tube...

Prying it open I found this:

A Chewbacca gig poster, also from GreenBuckanear! I don't know if you were aware but I adore gig posters and this one is a piece of art.

Thank you to both my Santa's the force has been with me this Life Day.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

those are some chewy gifts

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

rydiafan posted:

A package came today! In it were two fancy bags.

Kaya is inspecting them, in case they're full of dog treats.

Jorji Costava, meanwhile, is just annoyed his perch has been stolen from him.

A board game and its expansion, you say? What could it be?

Photosynthesis! I played this a couple times at a board game gathering and really enjoyed it! I'm super happy to have this added to my collection and look forward to playing it with my wife.

Jorji, however, is just happy to have the high ground back.

Thanks, so much, Lightning Round 5 Santa! Unpacking, punching, and assembling everything was a much better use of my time then whatever I was supposed to be doing for work this afternoon.

This was from me, and I'm so glad that it's something you've played and enjoyed!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

Santa DE-FUCKIN-LIVERED today

I heard a tippy tap from my front porch and found two boxes waiting for me.

The first one was from GreenBuckanear and contained this cool Chewbacca Mug and some terrain bits.

Super cool especially because I used to have a similar chewie bug that got broken during a move.

A Chewbacca gig poster, also from GreenBuckanear! I don't know if you were aware but I adore gig posters and this one is a piece of art.

Thank you to both my Santa's the force has been with me this Life Day.

You are very welcome. You mentioned you had an office, and what better than to relax and read the forums while sipping [BEVERAGE] from your Chewy Mug? The terrain was the same situation, can never go wrong with some extra terrain bits.

Then as I’m scrolling around I saw that poster and knew I had to get it for you, hell, I was tempted to get it for myself, and I’m not even a big Chewy friend, just because it was cool.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Leperflesh posted:

those are some chewy gifts

I think Chewy gifts are usually for pets.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Santa dropped off some goodies!

The handmade dice have such a pleasent weight and texture to them, and I can't wait to crack open the books. Thank you so much Santa!!!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Some amazing gifts have been sent out. Crazy the creativity of various goons. So sorry nothing I sent was wrapped or anything creative :/
I'll do better next year

I was worried my main round gift got lost but managed to track it down, first package was damaged, but delivery is expected Monday!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Gaghskull posted:

Finally sharing the images. The package before I even opened them had me curious. And something about a tree giving goondolences for giving gifts.

And then holy crap! New brushes, a cool playmat, some sicarans, and a very soft blanket! Thanks Santa!

Excellent, I'm glad you like them! I wanted to shotgun out various gifts since I have no good sense of what's desirable in 40k anymore.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Aramoro posted:

That was from me if that helps tie up which santas are still in flight.

Thanks for the second gift, revealed Santa!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
My round 5 gift is still en route, tracking shows it is still on course for 21st December.

I have a bit more time now so...photos! I don't know if my Santas co-ordinated but after the Black Seas starter box in the prime round, LR5 Santa got me precious, precious targets!

You have to have something to fight over and no-one ever thinks to get merchies!

From wooden ships and iron men we then move on to....plastic gunfighters!

Excellent! Building that lot should keep me occupied well into March. I think I am crazy enough to try and rig the ships so thanks Santa!

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 17, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sion, please check your email!

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

SECRET SANTA DELIVERED and your message wasn't complete on the stupid form, but you guessed right, I love skeletons and zombies and the Big Boy can be assembled into a Dracula Prince On A Bonerdagon, which is great because I now genuinely have enough skeletons and zombies and miscellaneous Draculas to put together a pretty slick Gravelords army.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Twonta knocked it out of the park :swoon:

I am a massive massive hidden movement fan, and this one was on my To Buy list for Christmas.
ooooh I'm very excited about getting this to the table

Hidden movement shelf looking jam packed :allears:

And a card!

All Hail the Dark Lord Twonta

Because Goons are amazing ibntumart ended up gifting me the exact same game that Mode 7 got me from my wishlist - through no fault of the other as shipping delays are dumb.
Currently awaiting a reply back from the store ibntumart bought it from to see if it can be returned for a refund or credit

Alternatively if you're around Sydney Australia and and know someone who wants a copy hit me up :siren:

Might be a sneaky boy and see if I can return to a local big name retail chain having 'lost the receipt' for store credit

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Dec 18, 2021

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Yet more cheer has arrived!

It is brilliant!

I've played Lost Cities before and really enjoyed it, so I'm really happy to have a copy so I can share it with more people!

It's also a tiny bit disturbing because I don't know how my Santa is aware of my ongoing fascination/obsession with the Carcosa mythos — or, indeed, whether it was my Santa who wrote the note, or if Santurr'gha was the name of the amazon driver...

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

DigitalRaven posted:

It's also a tiny bit disturbing because I don't know how my Santa is aware of my ongoing fascination/obsession with the Carcosa mythos — or, indeed, whether it was my Santa who wrote the note, or if Santurr'gha was the name of the amazon driver...

While I'm not your Santa, I'm also a nerd because I immediately had "Song of my soul, my voice is dead / die though, unsung, as tears unshed / shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa" in my head despite not reading that in years and years.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

gschmidl posted:

While I'm not your Santa, I'm also a nerd because I immediately had "Song of my soul, my voice is dead / die though, unsung, as tears unshed / shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa" in my head despite not reading that in years and years.

...it turns out Cassilda's Song scans very well to the tune of Hallelujah. This was the xmas mashup I didn't know I needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snBzk8W-r2Y

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 18, 2021

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
A box of random terrain bits showed up yesterday (which is exactly what I wanted) but there's no note so I don't know who sent them.

Thanks Anonymous Santa!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Bucnasti posted:

A box of random terrain bits showed up yesterday (which is exactly what I wanted) but there's no note so I don't know who sent them.

Thanks Anonymous Santa!

That was me! I was mulling over order options, delivery times etc and then I remembered the best terrain is lots of terrain.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Came home to a mysterious package. Inside was a delightful little box:

It had more secrets, though!

Thank you, Santa! This is an incredibly cool dice container, and will hold my Blood Bowl dice excellently!

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Doesn't look like either of my santees will be getting their packages today. Based on tracking, I'm guessing tomorrow for santee #1 if their local PO does Sunday deliveries and Monday for santee #2. :sigh:

In better news, a very nice part 2 from santa arrived yesterday!

A cute lil illithid dice bag that I will love and cherish forever. Thank you, santa!!!

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning

DressCodeBlue posted:

Doesn't look like either of my santees will be getting their packages today. Based on tracking, I'm guessing tomorrow for santee #1 if their local PO does Sunday deliveries and Monday for santee #2. :sigh:

In better news, a very nice part 2 from santa arrived yesterday!

A cute lil illithid dice bag that I will love and cherish forever. Thank you, santa!!!

Well you needed something to protect your fancy new illithid dice...

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

A package came, containing gifts from Bucnasti!

A Void Archon and a board game I'm unfamiliar with.

Ok, this looks cool. It's a many-vs-one game where the many are literally blindfolded and have to feel their way around the board to get by.

Thanks so much, Bucnasti! I just played in a Warmachine tournament yesterday where the lack of a void archon was sorely felt, so I'm assembling it and making room in my list ASAP. I'm also a huge fan of many vs one hidden move games (I own Scotland Yard, Fury of Dracula, and Garibaldi) and games with unique gimmicks/mechanics, so Nyctophobia is for sure hitting the table.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Mail on a Sunday? What could that be?

Why, it's gifts! With a lovely card! I wonder what DressCodeBlue got me?

An awesome lil' guy to paint and some Christmas themed paints! (Holly Red and Gingerbread!) And some rocking tiny dice!

But there's more...

The Fallout RPG! Thank you so much! I can't wait to get my players into the wasteland.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I love the christmas shark wrapping paper

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

DigitalRaven posted:

Yet more cheer has arrived!

It is brilliant!

I've played Lost Cities before and really enjoyed it, so I'm really happy to have a copy so I can share it with more people!

Glad you like it! Lucky guess on my part. Talk of lost cities immediately brings to mind Carcosa.

The Zaku was also mine but shipped separately! Glad they both arrived safely!

Edit; and Santurr’gha is of course a very hamfisted Eternal Darkness reference re; the red ancient, Chaturr’gha

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 20, 2021

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Picked up mail today and found an awesome pop-up dragon card inside a huge box from Ibn Tumart!

Underneath the card was Nemesis, which I haven't heard of before but checks all my boxes & looks fantastic!

The dripping alien fangs and claws reaching out of the blackness to gobble up the unsuspecting spaceman really gets me into the holiday spirit, thank you so much!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:chanpop: Santa has gone above and beyond on Nemesis

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Holy poo poo, that’s wild. Isn’t it like, out of print, and was over $100 on kickstarter?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah it's not out of print, as I'm looking at picking it up myself at the moment over Christmas - but it's definitely on the extra expensive end of things.

So that is an incredible gift you've just got

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Oh, my game store has nemesis? Is it any good? I saw they had an expansion thats just a few space cats and was curious.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Nemesis is a $150 msrp miniatures game with $40-70 expansions, so it's a little expensive? That's yet another game I've been thinking about

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Infinitum posted:

Nah it's not out of print, as I'm looking at picking it up myself at the moment over Christmas - but it's definitely on the extra expensive end of things.

So that is an incredible gift you've just got

Seems like! The box is so packed it's a bit intimidating, but that just means I need to extensively playtest before taking it to my group :eng101:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Finally got around to having time at home to sit down and I had a box addressed to me!!

Inside a box of Questoris Knights and a bag full of tree terrain!!!

Absolutely so loving stoked, thank you so much Santa! I combo'd off of this, as my kids don't know what to get me, and ordered myself rhe 2 player starter as well. Well omw to having 2 forces up and running

Thank you again. Gonna have to do the Oath painting thread to keep me focused I think

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Finally got around to having time at home to sit down and I had a box addressed to me!!

Inside a box of Questoris Knights and a bag full of tree terrain!!!

Absolutely so loving stoked, thank you so much Santa! I combo'd off of this, as my kids don't know what to get me, and ordered myself rhe 2 player starter as well. Well omw to having 2 forces up and running

Thank you again. Gonna have to do the Oath painting thread to keep me focused I think

Not sure if the notes came through but id love to see a pic of the trees you got, they said assorted mixed but it looked like most would be a good scale for that game

Glad you like it!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We're doing very very well. My my count, we have 12 gifts left to be posted as received, and that includes a couple marked as "delivered" (Santa's tracking shows as delivered), and includes about five that are one of multiple gifts where Santee has received at least one of those multiples.

I'll post a full accounting after the 22nd - I usually have one or two inaccuracies on my sheet, there's been some stuff hung up by slow shippers/slow mail, etc. but I think we are still on track for yet another No Grinch Year.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Bucnasti posted:

It contained a cute little Christmas Life Day Porg card

Which opened up to this awesome pop-up Chewbacca inside.

But the actual gift...

A limited edition 35mm frame of Chewbacca from Empire, but not just any frame, the frame of Chewie looking slightly uncomfortable as Leia makes out with Luke!. SO RAD!

Thank you. ibntumart!

Charles Get-Out posted:

Picked up mail today and found an awesome pop-up dragon card inside a huge box from Ibn Tumart!

Underneath the card was Nemesis, which I haven't heard of before but checks all my boxes & looks fantastic!

The dripping alien fangs and claws reaching out of the blackness to gobble up the unsuspecting spaceman really gets me into the holiday spirit, thank you so much!

Glad you both enjoyed the gifts! Sci-fi holiday season is where it’s at.

Infinitum posted:

Twonta knocked it out of the park :swoon:

I am a massive massive hidden movement fan, and this one was on my To Buy list for Christmas.
ooooh I'm very excited about getting this to the table

Hidden movement shelf looking jam packed :allears:

And a card!

All Hail the Dark Lord Twonta

Because Goons are amazing ibntumart ended up gifting me the exact same game that Mode 7 got me from my wishlist - through no fault of the other as shipping delays are dumb.
Currently awaiting a reply back from the store ibntumart bought it from to see if it can be returned for a refund or credit

Alternatively if you're around Sydney Australia and and know someone who wants a copy hit me up :siren:

Might be a sneaky boy and see if I can return to a local big name retail chain having 'lost the receipt' for store credit

I blame Sauron for this mishap, but it is being put aright!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I received some Christmas cheer several days ago and took photos, then promptly failed to edit and upload until now. Sorry—I blame work exhaustion compounded by the COVID booster knocking me out a couple of days.

Enough excuses!

Package #1 from a UK Goon:

Green and red obscuration lines on purpose :mexico: represent

I’m not used to instructions with my beer. Was very curious what was hidden in the crate within to merit its own manual….

A large bottle of a limited edition, highly-rated holiday Belgian ale! And potent,too, at 10% ABV. Thanks, Goon Santa #1! I am so looking forward to cracking this open after work today.

On to Goon Santa #2’s box of cheer!

Three festively wrapped gifts, and season’s greetings from Skellie Santa is a good start.

I didn’t even know this existed! Going to devour this once holiday vacation starts.

Very nifty! This will be very helpful should I follow my heart and decide to run a Mythos horror game in the near future.

And this feels like Cthulhu himself showing me the dread path I am fated to tread! Seriously, awesome choice. I feel a TG recruitment post in the making….

Thank you for three most excellent tomes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I received word a parcel arrived for me so I scoured the shire (my neighbours) and discovered this!

I've played this game before and it's great. I always love a game with wooden bits. This is going to go down very well in my Christmas nerding.