Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

thegodofchuck posted:

Lightning Round signup!

All three of my gifts have been ordered, just waiting on shipping confirmations.

Santee #3 is shipped per Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
My main round gift has been dispatched, ETA 3rd December. Unfortunately there were no gift options so if you get a parcel that day with no markings, IT MIGHT BE FROM ME.

I too wish to sign up to the Lightning Bonus Round!

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I placed my order!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Lightning Round cheer deployed!

UPDATE: Amazon says it should be delivered on Monday!

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 27, 2021

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I’ve also placed my order, which should arrive sometime next week.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Base round gift 1 has a tracking number, but no details. Not sure where exactly it's shipping from, but will update later. (no gift wrap options were available) Base Round gift 2 has no tracking number, but it estimates it'll be delivered the 3rd of December. I may have forgotten to gift wrap it, sorry.

Going out to get Lightning Round cheer shortly, I have an idea. I wont be able to ship it till tomorrow though, but, I'm guesstimating (I have no idea right now) that also may get there around the 3rd, or so.

edit: got the gifts I want for Lightning Round cheer, will send it tomorrow.

edit2: base round gift 1 now has an ETA of monday

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 27, 2021

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Okay cheer is in shipment. No gift wrap unfortunately but it'll arrive Monday.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Thank you, thegodofchuck, for supplying me with the best dice???

Love these hollow metal octobois. :3:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Holy poo poo, I almost missed this! I want to participate!

Gift Preference:
Handmade stuff, weird obscure stuff, old stuff.

If you're buying something new, pretty much anything that falls under the Traditional Games umbrella is fine. Random RPG books, random euro games, random Ameritrash games, random miniatures, whatever. As long as you don't buy me something like Munchkin I'm happy.

Edit: if you're the kind of person who prefers to know exactly what to buy somebody, I could use Negation Angels, Negators, Void Archons, or Death Archons which are models for the game Warmachine.

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:
I bought gifts for three people last year and Grinched none of them. I ain't planning on doing it this time.

Bonus gift for main round person sent. PMs have been sent to the main round Santa for my lightning round #1 giftee to avoid duplication.

I would like to participate in Lightning Round #2!!!

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Another bit of my santee's gift arrived today, so just waiting on a few final wee things before I can send them all off together. Apparently they will arrive mid-next week, but if there's a delay I'll send them separately.

Everything's on track :krakentoot:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My lightning round Santee's main round Santa got back to me with a lot of great ideas, and the gift has now officially been ordered.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

All the parts of my Santee's gift should be here very soon, and then away the cheer.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That Old Tree posted:

All the parts of my Santee's gift should be here very soon, and then away the cheer.

:same:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lightning round cheer is deployed. They gave an eta of probably Tuesday or so (2 day was about the same as 6 day)

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
What's this? Cheer received?!

It's two extremely 2000s RPGs and one rather more modern one, which I can't wait to dig into, and a letter with an honest to God wax seal! Complete with arcane sigil!

These are great. Thank you DigitalRaven!

(The 2000s RPGs are Cycle of Existence, which seems like kind of a gothy heartbreaker, and Alpha and Omega, which doesn't have an elevator pitch anywhere I could see on a rapid skim through but looks like a crunchy tactical game set in some sort of quasi-divine post-apocalypse? I haven't looked at either of them in depth yet though.)

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Part 1 of main round ordered; it should arrive sometime around 13 December. Gift notes weren't possible, so if you receive a random package around then, it might be from me! Meanwhile, Part 2 will be shipped on Monday - need to pick up a few more things to fill out the box.

Finally, lightning round cheer has been deployed and is expected to impact on 2 December!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My gift(s) to my santee is/are shipped!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I've figured out what I really want to grab for my lightning round person but tracking it down is more difficult then I expected. I will succeed!! I'm hesitant but if there's ever been a time for this to be sent to someone....it's now

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

potatocubed posted:

What's this? Cheer received?!

These are great. Thank you DigitalRaven!

You’re very welcome! I hope you can be tempted to share your impressions of them in due course.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Gift Sent! Should get to my santee around December 15th!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

DressCodeBlue posted:

Thank you, thegodofchuck, for supplying me with the best dice???

Love these hollow metal octobois. :3:

You're welcome! You said you liked dice, purple, and mind flayers, so I think I was morally obligated.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

My custom made gift is being produced ahead of other orders! I have seen an example!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Not sure which round this was from, but thanks DigitalRaven!

I had in fact been thinking of buying this myself, since I like Cthulhu (still haven't finished the Necronomicon, but I guess I should do so soon) but kept wringing my hands about it because dang Fantasy Flight and their piles of expansions that are all nice to have.

Incidentally, I keep trying to get my significant other to play board games with me, and she said she was interested in playing this one, so even better!

And it has a solo mode? :nice:

Thank you again!

edit: as an aside, I'll skip bonus round 2, but I *may* be interested in doing bonus round 3, but it's up in the air for now.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 29, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Somehow I sleep on this every year.
Am I to late for bonus round two?

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Amazon says my gift has been delivered so crossing my fingers for a post from my Santee any minute now...

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Gift is on the way and should be to my giftee between Dec 6-8!

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Gift purchased, just putting the final touches on the ~~presentation~~

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Sending mine tomorrow. Intensely paranoid about getting the right thing(s) so uhhhh here's hoping.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Can I still get in on lightning round 2? (If not, please consider my Santa hat thrown into the ring for round 3!)

Edit: Email sent just in case.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 29, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Somehow I sleep on this every year.
Am I to late for bonus round two?

It's not too late, no! Round 2 will stay open until either December 2nd, or we hit 8 participants. Right now there are three, including ibntumart!

ibntumart posted:

Can I still get in on lightning round 2? (If not, please consider my Santa hat thrown into the ring for round 3!)

Edit: Email sent just in case.

Yes you can! In fact I just replied to your email, so all you gotta do is post your standard stuff: gift preferences, location, and solemn vow, as usual. :)

GreenBuckanneer posted:

edit: as an aside, I'll skip bonus round 2, but I *may* be interested in doing bonus round 3, but it's up in the air for now.

I cannot guarantee that there will be a round 3: the last time we had one was 2018. But maybe!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo I FORGOT ABOUT TGSS THIS YEAR

Sign me up for that sweet sweet lightning bonus round action.

My name is Gau and despite being an utter flake I have have never grinched and am not about to start now.

Gift preferences: Last year I went old-school, this year I would like some new hotness. Hit me with a board/card game (that isn't Wingspan) that was released in the last year or three.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Santa is winging a gift away to it's destination now, for the main SS.

Also Amazon have 'delivered' something to me so I will go and find that in the village later on.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I am here for the cheer!
Sign me up!

Gift Prefrences: I'm a pretty avid M:tG player, so tcg novelty accessories would be cool. Otherwise I find it difficult to get a regular tabletop game so either something for two players I can sell my normie wife on or something I can do myself, like a collectable or model (for example) If that's not enough to go on I love pokemon and other cute critters and plushies. My work space is full of the stuff!
LocationThe MidBEST of the US
Solemn Vow I hereby vow that I will not grinch, I will post, and I will keep up with the thread.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Base cheer out for delivery! Second half is still Dec 2/3, no tracking.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Mailed out this morning, should be there by Thursday!

I'd also like to get in on bonus round #2 if possible, same info as before!

quote:

Preferences COVID got me big into solo games, especially ones where I get to push little models around on a tabletop, also recently got into solo board games of the adventure-y variety. More interested in fantasy & sci-fi settings than modern or post apoc. I really like games that can be run both solo & in a group (usually 4) without much of a difference in gameplay. If it's got a nice physical book that's also a plus.
I'm also interested in "grounded" or "mundane" fantasy ruins or forest terrain and minis to spruce up my games. Metal minis are cool with me, though probably have enough North Star plastics to last a lifetime.
Not the biggest fan of the GW aesthetic typically.

I have:
Pretty much everything I'm interested in related to Rangers of Shadowdeep & Frostgrave
Five Parsecs from Home & Five Leagues from the Borderlands
Iron Helm, Desolate, etc.
Thousand Year Old Vampire
Ironsworn & Delve
Cartographers & Heroes
OG Dwarf King's Hold, but none of the expansions
Spire's End
More than enough dice!

Location Central Texas, USA

I give my solemn vow that I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and post in the thread when I get my gift with all the details!

Nancy fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 29, 2021

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well tracking says my package is delivered but my Santee hasn't posted in this thread today yet. I'm not worried, just check your mailboxes people.

Edit: Yes I know some of you are still at work.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

My gift has been shipped!!!!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Not sure which round this was from, but thanks DigitalRaven!

I had in fact been thinking of buying this myself, since I like Cthulhu (still haven't finished the Necronomicon, but I guess I should do so soon) but kept wringing my hands about it because dang Fantasy Flight and their piles of expansions that are all nice to have.

Incidentally, I keep trying to get my significant other to play board games with me, and she said she was interested in playing this one, so even better!

And it has a solo mode? :nice:

Thank you again!

This is your lightning round #1 gift, and I'm very glad I got the right thing for you.

In related news: CHEER HAS ARRIVED!

This is brilliant, I've had my eye on it for a while now but never pulled the trigger. It arrived early enough that I could get a solo game in during my lunch break and I really like how it plays. Thank you, Santa!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

It's not too late, no! Round 2 will stay open until either December 2nd, or we hit 8 participants. Right now there are three, including ibntumart!

Yes you can! In fact I just replied to your email, so all you gotta do is post your standard stuff: gift preferences, location, and solemn vow, as usual. :)

Awesome possum! Here goes:

Gift Preferences:
(Note: I l love physical books, but digital is A-OK, too)

• Dune: Absolutely love Dune and have since I was a teen. (I refuse to acknowledge the prequels’ existence, but do have a perverse love for the Lynch movie.) I do have pretty much any printed Dune materials, but any Dune Knick-knacks would be much appreciated!
  • Lord of the Rings: Pretty much anything from books, artwork, t-shirts, figures, etc. Bookwise, I own the trilogy, Hobbit, Silmarillion, and Turin books. edit: GW Middle Earth Battle Strategy books are cool, too! Been hearing good things about but not sure where to start
  • RPGs: Quirky indies are always fun. I’m interested in GUMSHOE horror RPGs: I have Trail of Cthulhu and the Yellow King rule books, plus the Arkham Files, but that’s pretty much it. Sci-if RPGs not based on licensed properties would be cool, too. ( Just throwing I would alsolove a copy of The One Ring Oaths of the Riddermark, but not getting my hopes up!)
  • Photography: I’ve been meaning to learn how to take proper photos, any practical beginner level photography materials would be nifty.
  • Fountain Pens: Inks, stationary, washi tape, journals, sealing wax, and other such nonsense are dear to my often ink-stained hands.
  • Languages: I will never tire of grammars, dictionaries, phrase books, etc. in other languages. I do want to up my Korean study and also work on Chinese characters, but honestly any non-Indo-European language is fun!
  • Comestibles: Snacks, beers, chocos, candies, and other delicacies are always ravenously shoved down my Goon gullet savored with care and refinement.
  • edit: Dice: Anything cool or wonderfully weird, really (D10s and D20s especially)

Vow of Utmost Solemnity:
I must not grinch. Grinching is the TGSS killer. Grinching is the little-dickishness that brings total disappointment. I will face my Ralphie. I will permit presents to ship from me and Amazon. And when they have shipped, I will turn the inner eye to see their tracking numbers. Where the gifts have gone, there will be nothing grinched. Only Ralphie’s gifts will remain.

(So yeah, I won’t be a Grinch, promise!)

Edited to add Middle Earth BSG and dice ‘cause I forgot like a fool

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Christmas Cheer has been deployed.