Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Can I still get in on lightning round 2? (If not, please consider my Santa hat thrown into the ring for round 3!)

Edit: Email sent just in case.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

It's not too late, no! Round 2 will stay open until either December 2nd, or we hit 8 participants. Right now there are three, including ibntumart!

Yes you can! In fact I just replied to your email, so all you gotta do is post your standard stuff: gift preferences, location, and solemn vow, as usual. :)

Awesome possum! Here goes:

Gift Preferences:
(Note: I l love physical books, but digital is A-OK, too)

• Dune: Absolutely love Dune and have since I was a teen. (I refuse to acknowledge the prequels’ existence, but do have a perverse love for the Lynch movie.) I do have pretty much any printed Dune materials, but any Dune Knick-knacks would be much appreciated!
  • Lord of the Rings: Pretty much anything from books, artwork, t-shirts, figures, etc. Bookwise, I own the trilogy, Hobbit, Silmarillion, and Turin books. edit: GW Middle Earth Battle Strategy books are cool, too! Been hearing good things about but not sure where to start
  • RPGs: Quirky indies are always fun. I’m interested in GUMSHOE horror RPGs: I have Trail of Cthulhu and the Yellow King rule books, plus the Arkham Files, but that’s pretty much it. Sci-if RPGs not based on licensed properties would be cool, too. ( Just throwing I would alsolove a copy of The One Ring Oaths of the Riddermark, but not getting my hopes up!)
  • Photography: I’ve been meaning to learn how to take proper photos, any practical beginner level photography materials would be nifty.
  • Fountain Pens: Inks, stationary, washi tape, journals, sealing wax, and other such nonsense are dear to my often ink-stained hands.
  • Languages: I will never tire of grammars, dictionaries, phrase books, etc. in other languages. I do want to up my Korean study and also work on Chinese characters, but honestly any non-Indo-European language is fun!
  • Comestibles: Snacks, beers, chocos, candies, and other delicacies are always ravenously shoved down my Goon gullet savored with care and refinement.
  • edit: Dice: Anything cool or wonderfully weird, really (D10s and D20s especially)

Vow of Utmost Solemnity:
I must not grinch. Grinching is the TGSS killer. Grinching is the little-dickishness that brings total disappointment. I will face my Ralphie. I will permit presents to ship from me and Amazon. And when they have shipped, I will turn the inner eye to see their tracking numbers. Where the gifts have gone, there will be nothing grinched. Only Ralphie’s gifts will remain.

(So yeah, I won’t be a Grinch, promise!)

Edited to add Middle Earth BSG and dice ‘cause I forgot like a fool

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 6, 2021

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

I'll get Round 2 assignments out today, and as of this post, :frogsiren:LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 3 GO GO GO:frogsiren: if it happens but if 2 or fewer people sign up for it then it probably won't so just be aware thanks.

Aw, what the heck, I’ll sign up for round 3, too, to help make sure it happens! Copying earlier post:

ibntumart posted:

Awesome possum! Here goes:

Gift Preferences:

• Dune: Absolutely love Dune and have since I was a teen. (I refuse to acknowledge the prequels’ existence, but do have a perverse love for the Lynch movie.) I do have pretty much any printed Dune materials, but any Dune Knick-knacks would be much appreciated!
  • Lord of the Rings: Pretty much anything from books, artwork, t-shirts, figures, etc. Bookwise, I own the trilogy, Hobbit, Silmarillion, and Turin books. edit: GW Middle Earth Strategy books are cool, too! Been hearing good things about but not sure where to start
  • RPGs: Quirky indies are always fun. I’m interested in GUMSHOE horror RPGs: I have Trail of Cthulhu and the Yellow King rule books, plus the Arkham Files, but that’s pretty much it. Sci-if RPGs not based on licensed properties would be cool, too. ( Just throwing I would alsolove a copy of The One Ring Oaths of the Riddermark, but not getting my hopes up!)
  • Photography: I’ve been meaning to learn how to take proper photos, any practical beginner level photography materials would be nifty.
  • Fountain Pens: Inks, stationary, washi tape, journals, sealing wax, and other such nonsense are dear to my often ink-stained hands.
  • Languages: I will never tire of grammars, dictionaries, phrase books, etc. in other languages. I do want to up my Korean study and also work on Chinese characters, but honestly any non-Indo-European language is fun!
  • Comestibles: Snacks, beers, chocos, candies, and other delicacies are always ravenously shoved down my Goon gullet savored with care and refinement
  • edit:Dice: Anything cool or wonderfully weird, really (D10s and D20s especially)

Vow of Utmost Solemnity:
I must not grinch. Grinching is the TGSS killer. Grinching is the little-dickishness that brings total disappointment. I will face my Ralphie. I will permit presents to ship from me and Amazon. And when they have shipped, I will turn the inner eye to see their tracking numbers. Where the gifts have gone, there will be nothing grinched. Only Ralphie’s gifts will remain.

Edited because I am a dummy who forgot a couple of things

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 6, 2021

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Status update on gifting: LR2 and LR3 orders have arrived and should be out by tomorrow afternoon.

Also, looks like a box of Christmas cheer got mixed into the pile of Fedex and UPS boxes on my porch the other night:

Thanks to Mr. Cohen for masking the address!

I actually refolded and set aside this wrapping paper because I liked it so much. What festive and uplifting gift could it have concealed?

Well, it’s only bloomin’ Cthulhu Christmas tidings! Surely the most blasphenous and eldritch joyous of holiday cheer.

Seriously this is definitely my jam and am looking forward to digging into the scenarios this weekend. This might be the five push needed for me to check out the 7th edition rule book. My thanks, mystery Santa!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Also let me get in on this Lightning Round 5 craziness. Email forthcoming!

ibntumart posted:

Gift Preferences:

• Lord of the Rings: Pretty much anything from books, artwork, t-shirts, figures, etc. Bookwise, I own the trilogy, Hobbit, Silmarillion, and Turin books. GW Middle Earth Battle Strategy books are cool, too! Been hearing good things about but not sure where to start.
  • Comestibles: Snacks, beers, chocos, candies, and other delicacies are always ravenously shoved down my Goon gullet savored with care and refinement.
  • Dice: Anything cool or wonderfully weird, really (D10s and D20s especially

Vow of Utmost Solemnity:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Lightning Round 2 and 3 holiday cheer have all been deployed! Tracking numbers emailed also.

I shall be ready to order and (drop)ship as soon as LR5 giftee has been assigned!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
LR5 shipments is pending, but hopefully an update and tracking number are soon forthcoming!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Bucnasti posted:

An enormous (but suspiciously lightweight) box showed up on my doorstep today.

Inside were two much smaller gift bags.

and within those were much smaller boxes...

and in those were some sweet pieces of terrain! Yay!
'

Thank you Ibntumart!

Glad you like them! There was a bewildering world of terrain available I swear didn’t exist back in my (2nd and 3rd edition) 40K days. Also this is part one...part two will arrive when FedEx decides to drop it off (hopefully by Wednesday though).

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Cheer deployment update:
  • LR2 other package shows delivered yesterday afternoon :)
  • LR3 package should arrive by 9 tomorrow if UPS tells the truth :ohdear:
  • LR5 was supposed to arrive today, but update today is that it’s delayed :argh:

Also just got two packages! Unboxing and photos to come soon.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Bucnasti posted:

It contained a cute little Christmas Life Day Porg card

Which opened up to this awesome pop-up Chewbacca inside.

But the actual gift...

A limited edition 35mm frame of Chewbacca from Empire, but not just any frame, the frame of Chewie looking slightly uncomfortable as Leia makes out with Luke!. SO RAD!

Thank you. ibntumart!

Charles Get-Out posted:

Picked up mail today and found an awesome pop-up dragon card inside a huge box from Ibn Tumart!

Underneath the card was Nemesis, which I haven't heard of before but checks all my boxes & looks fantastic!

The dripping alien fangs and claws reaching out of the blackness to gobble up the unsuspecting spaceman really gets me into the holiday spirit, thank you so much!

Glad you both enjoyed the gifts! Sci-fi holiday season is where it’s at.

Infinitum posted:

Twonta knocked it out of the park :swoon:

I am a massive massive hidden movement fan, and this one was on my To Buy list for Christmas.
ooooh I'm very excited about getting this to the table

Hidden movement shelf looking jam packed :allears:

And a card!

All Hail the Dark Lord Twonta

Because Goons are amazing ibntumart ended up gifting me the exact same game that Mode 7 got me from my wishlist - through no fault of the other as shipping delays are dumb.
Currently awaiting a reply back from the store ibntumart bought it from to see if it can be returned for a refund or credit

Alternatively if you're around Sydney Australia and and know someone who wants a copy hit me up :siren:

Might be a sneaky boy and see if I can return to a local big name retail chain having 'lost the receipt' for store credit

I blame Sauron for this mishap, but it is being put aright!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I received some Christmas cheer several days ago and took photos, then promptly failed to edit and upload until now. Sorry—I blame work exhaustion compounded by the COVID booster knocking me out a couple of days.

Enough excuses!

Package #1 from a UK Goon:

Green and red obscuration lines on purpose :mexico: represent

I’m not used to instructions with my beer. Was very curious what was hidden in the crate within to merit its own manual….

A large bottle of a limited edition, highly-rated holiday Belgian ale! And potent,too, at 10% ABV. Thanks, Goon Santa #1! I am so looking forward to cracking this open after work today.

On to Goon Santa #2’s box of cheer!

Three festively wrapped gifts, and season’s greetings from Skellie Santa is a good start.

I didn’t even know this existed! Going to devour this once holiday vacation starts.

Very nifty! This will be very helpful should I follow my heart and decide to run a Mythos horror game in the near future.

And this feels like Cthulhu himself showing me the dread path I am fated to tread! Seriously, awesome choice. I feel a TG recruitment post in the making….

Thank you for three most excellent tomes!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I went to turn on the porch light, and what did I spy but another mystery package:

And therein was contained a gift fit for a Fedaykin!

I don’t even see the point of keeping my other tumblers now. Much thanks, Goon Santa! This is fantastic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Just wanted to add my appreciation as well! This is definitely the best Secret Santa bar none, and in no small part due to Leperflesh’s wrangling us Goons into orderly gift-exchanging paragons.