Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Gift Preferences:
In no order in general:
- Wargame terrain suitable for historical or fantasy in 15mm or 28mm.
- 28mm miniature(s?) suitable for Rangers of Shadowdeep or The Silver Bayonet or Oathmark (can be a unit box). No GW models please (because they cost too much!).
- Army Painter paints that are not a shade (I have all of those already).
- 28mm British or French Napoleonic unit (for Black Powder)
- Wargame boardgame that has counters with NATO unit symbols (that I can play solo?), or any game about Waterloo. I am not into other boardgames
- BCMI/1st Ed/2nd Ed D&D book that's not a base rule book. I have a somewhat random collection already. No PDF's or retroclones please - this is so I can read it and enjoy thinking of the old days of roleplaying and seeing all the TSR books I never could afford when I was a child.

General Location: Melbourne, Australia.

Solemn Vow: You have it.

Email sent.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Item(?S) ordered for Santee. The site says they are in stock. Hope it arrives before 2022 but with this Global Shipping Crisis and Local Postal Service Claiming They Can't Hire More People For Reasons, who knows.

Some assembly will be required. Sorry about that chief.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 24, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
My gift JUST got picked up by delivery device. 2 hours ago. This took 3 days!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

quote:

In transit to next facility in SOMERTON VIC

Column, event date and time,

Fri 3 Dec, 2.32am
Column, event details,

Item processed at facility

MELBOURNE NORTH VIC

Fri 3 Dec, 1.51am
Column, event details,

In transit to next facility in SOMERTON VIC

Mon 29 Nov, 2.59pm
Column, event details,

SUNSHINE WEST VIC

Sun 28 Nov, 2.01pm
Column, event details,

MELBOURNE VIC

Sun 28 Nov, 1.58pm
Column, event details,

Received and ready for processing

Sun 28 Nov, 7.08am
Column, event details,

Received by Australia Post for transportation to processing facility

MELBOURNE (AU)
Sat 27 Nov, 11.31am
Column, event details,

Arrived at facility in destination country

MELBOURNE (AU)

Sat 27 Nov, 10.31am
Column, event details,

Cleared by Customs

MELBOURNE (AU)

Fri 26 Nov, 4.50pm

Why yes, it's spent over a week traveling back and forth across the ONE CITY and is now going BACK to where ti was yesterday.,

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Seeing as Gift #1 arrived I now feel a bit more confidence of doing another round. Is Lighting Round 3(?) still open?

Gift Preferences:
- Something British/Australian early war 28mm miniatures for Bolt Action. I am about to start building an army for Bolt Action for action in Libya 1940/Greece/Crete. British BEF 1940 would work just as well as seeing as they all look the same or 8th army later. I have nothing so far, so anything will do.
- Army Painter paints suitable for painting Commonwealth units in 1940-42 in the BEF/North Africa/Greece. Think light brown/sand/Khaki/Dark Brown (I have the wash set already).
- A book on the Greek campaign, or the Australian 6th Division (between 1940-45). I really need some painting guides too if there's such a thing for the Greek campaign.
- Terrain suitable for 28mm desert warfare.

General Location: Melbourne, Australia (but happy to order for someone overseas because it will come from somewhere in the same country).

Solemn Vow: You have it. Done it once so far.

Edit- Email sent.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 5, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Lighting Round gift is OTW. Sorry about spending so much, but no one else I know would want a gaming gift like this, so I felt the need to be able to give it to someone who might enjoy it.

Amazon was going to cost $40 more! Hope it arrives in time though.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Lighting Round: Status: Dispatched. Tracking: not yet available.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Something got delivered, and it was for me and I wasn't expecting it.

it's a big box and it rattles.

There's a hand written card!

And a personal message from the commander of the KGL!

And an entire Perry Miniature BATTALION OF INFANTRY TO COMMAND!

I have the Waterloo Boxed set, but I didn't have a unit I could use as the KGL. Now I do! Not sure how I can equip them, with the Baker Rifles that the 2nd Light Battalion King’s German Legion had, but I will need to try.

And the ENTIRE buildings and courtyard to fight one of the most iconic battle locations of all time! . Terrain that has it's own Wiki page.

quote:

La Haye Sainte (named either after Jesus Christ's crown of thorns or a bramble hedge round a field nearby[1]) is a walled farmhouse compound at the foot of an escarpment on the Charleroi-Brussels road in Belgium. It has changed very little since it played a crucial part in the Battle of Waterloo on 18 June 1815.

La Haye Sainte was defended by about 400 German troops during the Battle of Waterloo. They were hopelessly outnumbered by attacking French troops but held out until the late afternoon when they retired because their ammunition had run out. If Napoleon Bonaparte's army had captured La Haye Sainte earlier in the day, almost certainly he would have broken through the allied centre and defeated the Duke of Wellington's army.[2]

The capture of La Haye Sainte in the early evening then gave the French the advantage of a defensible position from which to launch a potentially decisive attack on the Allied centre. However Napoleon was too late - by this time Blücher and the Prussian army had arrived on the battlefield and the outnumbered French army was defeated.

I was just expecting a hill or a tree or something, but this is way above what I expected! Thank you NT RABBIT! Nothing is broken.

This page goes into great detail of the battle and fighting that happened- if you've seen Sharp's Waterloo, when the Prince of Orange ordered a Battalion to reinforce and retake the building, and twice let them get cut to pieces by French Heavy Cavalry...this was that building complex.

Useful for any 28mm battle, historical, fantasy, World Wars or 40k. The roofs and stories come off so I can do interior battles. I can use it for Oathmark, Rangers of Shadowdeep, The Silver Bayonet, Napoleonic and Bolt Action.

(One question- who is the manufacturer of the building? I quite like it).

On a personal message, last night one of the blood vessels in my eye blew out and I had to go to emergency for it for 4 hours. The good news is it's only a small one so I can still see out of it. This present arriving made me feel happier than I did when I woke up. It will be a big project to paint it but I look forward to doing so - it's big and easy to paint even with a bad eye. Thank you, Goonsir.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 11, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Lighting round is approaching target today.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Tracking advises that LR object has arrived to target, but no contact to confirm.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Something just got delivered but I had to leave it to get a COVID test.

Came back after 2 hours and I open it and find this:

Just what is needed in these times: A Plague Doctor, his bandit buddies and a camping site to isolate myself for a day while waiting for results. Will be perfect for The Silver Bayonet and Rangers of Shadow Deep. Also works for clutter for Oathmark and Bolt Action. Thank you Santa!