Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Holy poo poo, I almost missed this! I want to participate!

Gift Preference:
Handmade stuff, weird obscure stuff, old stuff.

If you're buying something new, pretty much anything that falls under the Traditional Games umbrella is fine. Random RPG books, random euro games, random Ameritrash games, random miniatures, whatever. As long as you don't buy me something like Munchkin I'm happy.

Edit: if you're the kind of person who prefers to know exactly what to buy somebody, I could use Negation Angels, Negators, Void Archons, or Death Archons which are models for the game Warmachine.

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:
I bought gifts for three people last year and Grinched none of them. I ain't planning on doing it this time.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bing bang boom, gifts ordered!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Gift Preference:

If you're buying something new, pretty much anything that falls under the Traditional Games umbrella is fine. Random RPG books, random euro games, random Ameritrash games, random miniatures, whatever. As long as you don't buy me something like Munchkin I'm happy.

Edit: if you're the kind of person who prefers to know exactly what to buy somebody, I could use Negation Angels, Negators, Void Archons, or Death Archons which are models for the game Warmachine.

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:
I bought gifts for three people last year and Grinched none of them. I ain't planning on doing it this time.

If there is Lightning Round I would love to be a part of it. I'm quoting my previous post here. I also edited it with a little more info, so if my initial Santa was struggling for an idea maybe it'll be helpful.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 27, 2021

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It doesn't really need to be secret once they get the gift, so I think you're fine to reveal who you are in the package. Otherwise, since people will post pictures in the thread when they get their present, you can respond to those pictures and reveal yourself then.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Wrr posted:

I'm trying to order a custom made gift and I am concerned it might not show up on time; should I abandon the idea and find something faster? What does the experienced Santa-ers think?

I got a custom gift last year, and some of it arrived before the deadline while some was delayed. I was thrilled with the gift and did not care in the slightest about the timing.

I think it's a strong likelihood that for most people the cool factor of a custom item outweighs the "I want it now" part, but obviously I can't speak for everyone.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I couldn't decide between three things for my recipient, and I ended up going with two of them. It's been haunting me, though, so based on your guys' bad influence I think I'll order the third thing now. They deserve it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Gift Preference:

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:

Bonus gift for main round person sent. PMs have been sent to the main round Santa for my lightning round #1 giftee to avoid duplication.

I would like to participate in Lightning Round #2!!!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My lightning round Santee's main round Santa got back to me with a lot of great ideas, and the gift has now officially been ordered.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

It is mostly out of focus, but based on what I can see, that could be an igneous rock - a very finely-crystalline groundmass with small phenocrysts. I'd need a clear view to be more sure.

e. could also be sedimentary, and could also be a piece of concrete or similar (that is, a manmade not-rock).

It looks like a Cliff Bar.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Glad you like it. Your D20s seem enthused as well!

I have to give credit to GreenBuckaneer. I reached out to your main round Santas to make sure I didn't duplicate, but GB went above and beyond with a list of "almost bought" and this one was too cool not to get.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I got presents!

that's really generous, rydiafan. Thank you very much! My wife and I are both looking forward to trying these out. I've been meaning to pick up some version of Codenames for years, just never got around to it, so that's definitely going to work, and solving mysteries sounds like a fun time too.

You've got a third gift coming, but I'm getting conflicting ETAs.

Also, there's apparently lots of Community made scenarios for CoC, so if you like it you should check out the files section of its Board Game Geek entry.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Gift Preference:

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:

Gimme in on that lightning round 3 action!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Lightning Round #2 gift ordered, expected delivery is next Monday!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Lightning Round 3 gifts have been sent!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Gift Preference:

Edit: if you're the kind of person who prefers to know exactly what to buy somebody, I could use anything having to do with the Modiphius 2D20 John Carter RPG.

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:

I'm down for LR4! I have quoted my initial post with a slight update.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Aramoro posted:

The postman came a knocking again.

Hive and 7 Wonders Duel! Two really excellent games to play with my wife. Thank you so much santa!

Just played a game of Hive and won thus proving its an excellent game.

Glad you like them.

You were my second Santee to say "I need 2 player games to play with my wife" so I had to resist just sending you the same things.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The Bloop posted:

A box arrived yesterday filled with holiday booty

A bunch of very cool dungeon dressing

A lot of these things are crazy detailed and very cool. It will certainly be a step up from my beat up cardboard heroquest bookshelves

THANK YOU GOON SANTA

Glad you like them, but there's no need to exaggerate; NOTHING beats cardboard Heroquest bookshelves.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Holiday cheer has arrived, accompanied by the sounds of the dogs enthusiastically greeting/threatening the mail carrier.

John Carter source books! I've gotten super into reading Modiphius 2D20 source books as a way to entertain/torture myself for the last year and a half. Nothing like picking up a new hobby that you can't do because of a pandemic lockdown. I finished reading all of the Dune and Conan books, so John Carter gets to be my next obsession!

Flipping through them I came across this section, and it tickled my fancy for some reason. Just thought I'd share it in case other people would find it similarly interesting.

Thank you so much, secret gift giver! There was no note in the package, but this is almost certainly from my lightning round 4 Santa, as John Carter wasn't listed as a gift idea until then.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Apparently the "almost" in my "almost certainly" was doing a lot of work. My bad.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

This was from me LR3!

Well thank you so much, and I appreciate all the effort you put into your gifts.

My lightning round 4 gift has shipped, so I'm all caught up. That can only mean one thing...

Sign me up for Lightning Round 5, please!

Gift Preference:

If you're the kind of person who prefers to know exactly what to buy somebody, I could use anything for the Modiphius 2D20 John Carter game (except for the two books GreenBuckaneer got me) and anything Dune themed EXCEPT the 2D20 RPG or the board games (I have those already).

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:
I bought gifts for three people last year (and five so far this year) and Grinched none of them. I ain't planning on doing it this time.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 11, 2021

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Lightning Round 5 gift ordered. ETA is December 21st, so hopefully it doesn't get delayed.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

There was a package in my mailbox! Apparently it's been there for a few days, because the carrier hand delivered my mail yesterday due to a certified letter and the day before was Sunday. I must've just missed it in the mailbox Saturday.

Oh, Q was involved. Nevermind, he probably just sent it backwards through time to gently caress with me and my Santa. Through Q all things are possible, so jot that down.

Inside was a super nice leather case full of...

Metal dice with white faces and rainbow trim!

The camera doesn't really do justice the how bright the edges are and how the color shifts in the light. They're super cool!

Thanks, Gau!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I got another gift! Double lucky day for me!

I've never heard of this before, which is awesome! Doing some research online it looks like this is the fourth edition of a RPG from the early 90s that leans into horror in the draining, unsettling form rather than goofy fun jumpscares with werewolves. I'm very excited to read this, because it seems like exactly the kind of thing that will be a fascinating book to peruse even if I never get to play it.

Plus, look at this artwork! It's like if Guillermo del Toro did the concept art for Bloodborne.

This picture isn't upside-down, it's like that in the book. Stylistic as all heck. I'm getting flashbacks to reading Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark under my blanket when I was 10 years old.

Thanks so much, Scary Santa!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I was so nervous picking that out for someone

I can totally understand. This seems to be very boundary-pushing and not for everyone. That said, I like they way they handle it. I actually captured part of the section about the social contract in my last photo above, where they talk about having a safe word/signal, and the players giving the GM a confidential list of triggering topics that are off limits. It allows for challenging content without making an unpleasant situation.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

A package came today! In it were two fancy bags.

Kaya is inspecting them, in case they're full of dog treats.

Jorji Costava, meanwhile, is just annoyed his perch has been stolen from him.

A board game and its expansion, you say? What could it be?

Photosynthesis! I played this a couple times at a board game gathering and really enjoyed it! I'm super happy to have this added to my collection and look forward to playing it with my wife.

Jorji, however, is just happy to have the high ground back.

Thanks, so much, Lightning Round 5 Santa! Unpacking, punching, and assembling everything was a much better use of my time then whatever I was supposed to be doing for work this afternoon.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 17, 2021

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I came down stairs and found a package! It wasn't for me! The FedEx guy rang the doorbell and asked for it back! A few minutes later the UPS guy rang the doorbell and I found a package! It was for me!

This is weird, because it was supposed to be delivered by FedEx.

Shipping weirdness aside, glad you like it.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 17, 2021

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

A package came, containing gifts from Bucnasti!

A Void Archon and a board game I'm unfamiliar with.

Ok, this looks cool. It's a many-vs-one game where the many are literally blindfolded and have to feel their way around the board to get by.

Thanks so much, Bucnasti! I just played in a Warmachine tournament yesterday where the lack of a void archon was sorely felt, so I'm assembling it and making room in my list ASAP. I'm also a huge fan of many vs one hidden move games (I own Scotland Yard, Fury of Dracula, and Garibaldi) and games with unique gimmicks/mechanics, so Nyctophobia is for sure hitting the table.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

ibntumart posted:

I went to turn on the porch light, and what did I spy but another mystery package:

And therein was contained a gift fit for a Fedaykin!

I dont even see the point of keeping my other tumblers now. Much thanks, Goon Santa! This is fantastic!

Glad you like it! If I had time to send it to my house before mailing it I would have included this card, but since time was tight you'll have to settle for a digital image instead.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Sorry to double post, but I just took the trash out and checked the mail to find a package!

I, too, have been blessed with Christmas shark wreaking paper. Whatever could be inside?

An adorable owlbear pin! Two seconds after I took this picture it was already attached to my work lanyard.

Some fiendish looking wererats. Now I just need to decide whether to leave them as is or modify them to start building a new Bloodbowl team.

Custom dice made by goon Shima Honnou, complete with a cool gold dice bag. I love the gold, silver, and people color scheme. Makes me feel like royalty.

Thanks, DressCodeBlue! A great variety of gifts.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Dec 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Either I miscounted gifts or one of my Santas was extra generous, because another package arrived today!

It's some sweet-rear end terrain! Assembling and painting these will be a nice change of pace from painting little dudes. The box in the right even has a deck of little cards for randomizing the layout when playing with it, which is a super neat concept!

Pictured above is my wife's Halloween Town display which dominates the dining room year round. I only show it because, due to these terrain pieces being relatively spoopy, there's an 80% chance this is where it'll all end up.

Thanks, unexpected bonus/repeat Santa!

Also, LF, your bonus gift shows as arriving a USPS distribution facility near you this morning, so hopefully you get it soon.