Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

LET IT BE KNOWN that I, Wrr, intend to participate in the act of giving and receiving gifts, in secret. I do this of my own sound mind and volition.

Preferences I am new to the table top gaming world so I don't have much. I like the collecting and painting aspects of Infinity so some Infinity troops or, say, that $1000 copy of Infinity Defiance being scalped on Ebay. I've got the recent Operation Crimson Fist, and its pre-order / event exclusive stuff surrounding it. I also have the Operation Red Veil set. All the models and factions are cool imho. I think I have enough paint right now. I really like the basing aspect of painting minis and am considering doing diorama going forward. I like the surprise aspect but I do have some specific minis and items on my wishlist if you are super hard up for ideas; we can just chat and get a vibe.

I guess I can say more and say that I am into the idea of solo games, and I wouldn't say no to some post-apoc / modern russian figures for Zona Alfa.

I'm not much of a board game person, and I have more than enough video games as is.

Location I will be in the SF Bay Area during Christmas time!

I VOW! UPON MY HONOR AND UPON MY GOOD NAME IN THESE FORUMS! I VOW TO SEND A GIFT WORTH OF A GOON!

Wrr fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I'm trying to order a custom made gift and I am concerned it might not show up on time; should I abandon the idea and find something faster? What does the experienced Santa-ers think?

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

You can do it. But, I suggest you have a backup in mind, and monitor progress of your custom order closely. Most vendors know that people ordering stuff in late November expect it to be delivered by christmas, but also many vendors get backed up. Be conscientious about it, basically: you are supposed to get a gift delivered in time, and if it starts to look like that's not going to happen, be prepared to shell out some cash to get a backup sent.

I have some backups in mind, but, it looks like the guy I'm custom ordering stuff can bump me up in priority and get it done faster than Etsy's vague estimate. I will reveal their identity in due time (hint it is a goon), so make sure to send orders their way!

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I placed my order!

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

My custom made gift is being produced ahead of other orders! I have seen an example!

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

My gift has been shipped!!!!

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Not sure who sent it but this came in today!

Thanks mystery goon!

Oh drat, I forgot I liked those dudes. Should have mentioned that and needing figures for Zona Alfa in my post

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

The gift I bought from Etsy had its shipping label created on Sunday and hasn't had any action since :<

I payed for the more expensive shipping too!

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Bing bong! My gift has arrived! Thank you so much from my secret santa, I look forward to painting these fools up and imagining playing Infinity one day

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

The Bloop posted:

A golden bubble pack arrived in the mail today.

. . .

Thank you, mysterious benefactor goon

Yay they finally arrived!

Shoutout to our fellow Goon that runs the Unnatural One Etsy store. He was super easy to shoot ideas back and forth with and even bumped me the top of the priority list to ensure it got sent out in time.

I didn't know you'd be getting bonus die and hamsas, that rules. The big-dice box is intended to be done up as a hi-viz vest, hence the color and orange strip going down the middle.

I had asked if he could 3D print some tiny hard hats and put them in there but the color we were running with is too opaque for that work.

Hope you enjoy them, and if they ever roll under a couch or something they should be extremely easy to locate!

edit-
Oh, by the way, per Unnatural One: "It also has fluorescence under UV (doesn't glow in the dark and despite my phone it's actually glowing yellow)"

Maybe one a once-over with a Geiger counter on these things. They apparently defy the capability of cameras to capture their true image.

Wrr fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 13, 2021

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Shout out to my secret santagoon for this

Can't wait to add it in to our next game session. At some point my work will calm down and we will get it on the table!!

I'm so excited but loving nervous for my people to get their gifts. Like...
This is such a cool thing. The secret Santa. Exciting but nerve racking

Edit: I dont think my pic worked again, it's the Moore expansion for Viticulture!!

protip: right click on the image and choose "copy image address" to get the url of the image for the BBcode. Thats how I do it on imgur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Oh, my game store has nemesis? Is it any good? I saw they had an expansion thats just a few space cats and was curious.