Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
After an absence of a year due to COVID issues, I return for the 2021 Gathering of Santas!

Gift Preferences:

I am a miniatures game fiend and usually ask for terrain. A nice ruin or some MDF is always good. I play quite a lot of spaceship games too, so a good planet goes a long way. Black Seas and Mantic's Armada have had my eye lately and I'm fond of old Uncharted Seas stuff. I also love the various -grave boxed sets although I have the Cultists, Barbarians, and Soldiers 1 boxes already. Eyeing up the Dead Man's Hand range with interest.

EDIT FOR LIGHTNING ROUND: Santa has already brought me a Black Seas starter box and a gonzo RPG in the form of Mutant Crawl Classics.

I've recently gotten into indie RPGs so I'll read your strange but beloved setting books, and could actually use more dice (especially strange dice, they're always fun).

Not that into boardgames at present for Pandemic Reasons. Also I don't drink so please no booze.

My Solemn Vow: It be well for a grinch that he should not be here, for he would be taken from this place and his gaskin slit, his moules shown to the four winds, his welchet torn asunder with many hooks and his figgin placed upon a spike.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

by.a.teammate posted:

Am I too late for UK goon gift giving?

You can still join a Lightning Bonus round!

I got my gift today! I claim the first Santa-ing of 2021 and shall make the customary dark sacrifice. My Santa must have slammed the button the moment the assignment came through:

What is this package I see before me, its smirking envelope toward my hand?

Come, let me open thee!

Schweeeeeeeeet, tiny sailing ships!

I dance a hornpipe in joy. No the hornpipe is the instrument. Dance a jig instead. THERE WILL BE DANCING OF SOME FORM! Thanks, anonymous Santa!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
My main round gift has been dispatched, ETA 3rd December. Unfortunately there were no gift options so if you get a parcel that day with no markings, IT MIGHT BE FROM ME.

I too wish to sign up to the Lightning Bonus Round!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Amazon says my gift has been delivered so crossing my fingers for a post from my Santee any minute now...

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Lightning Round 2 cheer has been dispatched, ETA Thursday 9th. Once again no gift options so it'll be a MYSTERIOUS PACKAGE.

The restriction on gift options this year is proving to be a pain. If we weren't all receiving such a lovely Brexit Dividend(TM) in the British postal system, I'd really prefer to include some sort of gift card or just a cheery note. In previous years I used to include silly letters and I'm saddened that I can't toss those in this year.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
My outgoing Lightning Round 2 gift has apparently been delivered. Just waiting for my Santee to confirm.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
My LR2 cheer has arrived! Photos to follow when possible. Thanks, Anonymous SantaGoon!

And you know what? First in, last out. It's a great year for gifting! Sign me up for Round 5!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I have a bit more time to take photos now...

There was a jingle of bells and a distant hollow laughing outside my window two nights ago. I opened my door to find...this!

That's a VERY gonzo RPG system and a bucket of obscure dice, perfect! I already have uses in mind for the dice at my group's Christmas session.

The art is wild and crazy. I'd heard of Dungeon Crawl Classics but not this version:

More detail of the many crazy chance polyhedra here. Never seen a D14 or a D16 before. I wonder what uses them...

Thanks, anonymous Santagoon!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Round 5 cheer deployed - no gift options for the third time running but this one should be Very Obvious...

ETA is December 21st so riding the deadline. Goonspeed, little gift.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Received two deliveries, presumably LR5. Will arrange photos when time allows.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
My round 5 gift is still en route, tracking shows it is still on course for 21st December.

I have a bit more time now so...photos! I don't know if my Santas co-ordinated but after the Black Seas starter box in the prime round, LR5 Santa got me precious, precious targets!

You have to have something to fight over and no-one ever thinks to get merchies!

From wooden ships and iron men we then move on to....plastic gunfighters!

Excellent! Building that lot should keep me occupied well into March. I think I am crazy enough to try and rig the ships so thanks Santa!

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 17, 2021

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Bucnasti posted:

A box of random terrain bits showed up yesterday (which is exactly what I wanted) but there's no note so I don't know who sent them.

Thanks Anonymous Santa!

That was me! I was mulling over order options, delivery times etc and then I remembered the best terrain is lots of terrain.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Yes, it has been an amazing year for Santa-ing. I will be sure to post my gunfighters and Tiny Botes in the painting thread as I assemble them over the next year. I've already rolled my new dice in anger GMing my group's Christmas game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Merry Christmas thread, it was a wonderful year for gifting.