Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
This always sounded like a lot of fun, so tossing my hat in the ring to partake!!

Gift Preferences

I love boardgames, and will have to make a list tomorrow on BGG on what I have, and basically always play with 4 people.
Co-op, competitive, doesn't matter lol
We drink, smoke and have a drat great time
Any expansion for Viticulture would be welcomed!

I'm also into Epic Horus Heresy(6mm scale Warhammer 30k) and wouldn't be opposed to any books that include the Iron Warriors, World Eaters or Word Bearers
Or hell, even like a book for the game Flames of War

General Location : Utah but I'll ship anywhere

Solemn Vow: I will never grinch someone. If someone is grinched, please let me know. I'll do my part to help a Goon in need
[/quote]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Gift ordered and on its way to me so I can wrap it up. Got some extra goodies to put with it.
I've never felt so nervous picking out a gift lol

Edit: quoting myself, let's do that Lightning Round

Tiny Chalupa posted:

This always sounded like a lot of fun, so tossing my hat in the ring to partake!!

Gift Preferences

I love boardgames, and will have to make a list tomorrow on BGG on what I have, and basically always play with 4 people.
Co-op, competitive, doesn't matter lol
We drink, smoke and have a drat great time
Any expansion for Viticulture would be welcomed!

I'm also into Epic Horus Heresy(6mm scale Warhammer 30k) and wouldn't be opposed to any books that include the Iron Warriors, World Eaters or Word Bearers
Or hell, even like a book for the game Flames of War

General Location : Utah but I'll ship anywhere

Solemn Vow: I will never grinch someone. If someone is grinched, please let me know. I'll do my part to help a Goon in need
[/quote]

Edit edit: Here's my geeklist. I think this is most of my games....maybe?

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/292020/current-boardgames

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 25, 2021

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Nope that's fine, you're #8! I need an email from one person who signed up (Rid) and I'll fire off Round 1.

AS OF THIS POST, WE ARE IN LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2!!!

I know there were a couple of goons hoping to be in the main round but had to defer till they had more resources, so I anticipate round 2 being likely to actually happen.

Are you in the running as well? are you getting Secret stuff? It not.....someone needs to send me Leperflesh info so I can send something his way. Or "someone" can :chord:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I got my gift wrapped up, will be sent out tomorrow. I kinda blew past the amount but gently caress it. Happy to spread some, hopeful, cheer this time of year

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I've figured out what I really want to grab for my lightning round person but tracking it down is more difficult then I expected. I will succeed!! I'm hesitant but if there's ever been a time for this to be sent to someone....it's now

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Hey if someone has a issue with USPS, send me the tracking info and I will do what I can to help you out or answer any issues. This is only open during secret santa lol

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
My Secret Santa came through with an amazing game I do not have that will go over great with my group!!
Thank you so drat much

https://imgur.com/a/i9WQM9t

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Pretty miffed as one of my gifts is in limbo from who I purchased it from. They created a label but haven't shipped it in going on a week and I work for the PO and know how this poo poo works

2nd gift is hung up too but hoping in the next few days everything is delivered

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

A package was slid behind the pot plant at my front door

I'm not familiar with this one, but looking at the back of the box has me excited to play, thanks Santagoon! :buddy:

Absolutely fantastic game this one! We will be doing our weekly meetups and someone will always ask to bring this out again ever week or 2. Plays quick, has good depth and doesn't drag on at all.

Also, I got my other gift in the mail! My lady sent me a pic this morning, I work 15 hour days 6 days a week currently so I crash most nights, thank you so drat much! Imgur isn't playing nice with me currently but it's the board game Dinosaur Island
Looks like a drat good game! I shared boardgames geek description of it with my friends and everyones excited. Hoping this weekend to get it to the table
"In Dinosaur Island, players will have to collect DNA, research the DNA sequences of extinct dinosaur species, and then combine the ancient DNA in the correct sequence to bring these prehistoric creatures back to life. Dino cooking! All players will compete to build the most thrilling park each season, and then work to attract (and keep alive!) the most visitors each season that the park opens.

Do you go big and create a pack of Velociraptors? They'll definitely excite potential visitors, but you'd better make a large enough enclosure for them. And maybe hire some (read: a lot of) security. Or they WILL break out and start eating your visitors, and we all know how that ends. You could play it safe and grow a bunch of herbivores, but then you aren't going to have the most exciting park in the world (sad face). So maybe buy a roller coaster or two to attract visitors to your park the good old-fashioned way?"

Thank you again Gentle Goons!!!

I've changed my order for my 1st lightning round Goon, as got tired of being jerked around by the company I ordered from, so hoping to see some post in the next day or 3 of Holiday cheer

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
My gifts are officially in the mail and should be hitting gentle goons by the 15th!
Sorry for the delay, tracking down an item or 2 took longer then I expected but everything is safely away

I'll also do the final lightning round if it happens! I'll shoot off an email an update potentional wants tomorrow, if It is happening

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
LR 5 sign up info

Gift Preferences

I would love ANYTHING for Adeptus Titanicus. Seriously, I have nothing for it. If one of the campaign books sounds good to you, I'll happily take it
Yes I know all the Legion rules are in either the Loyal or Traitor books...just saying. I'm open to anything lol

Any of the expansions for Viticulture would be great too.
Visit from the Rhine
Moor visitor expansion

General Location : Utah but I'll ship anywhere

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 11, 2021

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
LR 5 gift sent off. 1 package will arrive this Thursday and the other one says 2 to 3 business days via Royal Mail so we will see. Hopefully both arrive Thursday

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Shout out to my secret santagoon for this

Can't wait to add it in to our next game session. At some point my work will calm down and we will get it on the table!!

I'm so excited but loving nervous for my people to get their gifts. Like...
This is such a cool thing. The secret Santa. Exciting but nerve racking

Edit: I dont think my pic worked again, it's the Moore expansion for Viticulture!!

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 14, 2021

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

rydiafan posted:

I got another gift! Double lucky day for me!

I've never heard of this before, which is awesome! Doing some research online it looks like this is the fourth edition of a RPG from the early 90s that leans into horror in the draining, unsettling form rather than goofy fun jumpscares with werewolves. I'm very excited to read this, because it seems like exactly the kind of thing that will be a fascinating book to peruse even if I never get to play it.

Plus, look at this artwork! It's like if Guillermo del Toro did the concept art for Bloodborne.

This picture isn't upside-down, it's like that in the book. Stylistic as all heck. I'm getting flashbacks to reading Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark under my blanket when I was 10 years old.

Thanks so much, Scary Santa!

You are very welcome sir! That is the first bonus round btw

That is the 1st RPG I ever played and even 20 some years later I vividly recall some amazing campaigns I played with just really indepth crazy things that occurred and legit character growth

I was so nervous picking that out for someone so I'm glad your digging the artwork! Really a great dark setting

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
LR5 1st gift of 2 said delivered today. Fingers crossed

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Some amazing gifts have been sent out. Crazy the creativity of various goons. So sorry nothing I sent was wrapped or anything creative :/
I'll do better next year

I was worried my main round gift got lost but managed to track it down, first package was damaged, but delivery is expected Monday!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Finally got around to having time at home to sit down and I had a box addressed to me!!

Inside a box of Questoris Knights and a bag full of tree terrain!!!

Absolutely so loving stoked, thank you so much Santa! I combo'd off of this, as my kids don't know what to get me, and ordered myself rhe 2 player starter as well. Well omw to having 2 forces up and running

Thank you again. Gonna have to do the Oath painting thread to keep me focused I think

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Bonus Rounds
Round 1:
I'm not sure if Tiny Chalupa got their gift yet, it was noted as "deployed."

I got everything sir! 2 different board games, an expansion for Viticulture and Adeptus Titanicus + terrain goodies!!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
The gift I had to send out twice finally has a delivery notification. Been stressing the hell out, so miracles can still happen!

3rding, or whatever, thank you so drat much for running the Leperflesh! This has truly been a drat great experience and I can't believe I never did this before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Status!

The other remaining one is:

Does this mean tracking shows as delivered, or does it mean you have a notification that delivery is expected at a day in the future?

Confirmed delivered in this thread sir