Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
I have always wanted to do this so I'm going to do it, gol durn it!

My Preferences: I'm just getting into miniature painting and I'm up for basically anything, really. Historicals are really cool, I pretty much live and breathe ancient history and some tiny Persians or Macedonians would be sweet, but I am not picky at all. Cool fantasy/sci fi/historical or even some cool basing materials or terrain would be neat!

My Location I am in the USA in the incredibly silly state of Utah.

My Vow: I swear by Herakles-Melqart that I will fulfill my sacred duty as a Secret Santa, may my bones be crushed if I fail this vow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Gift purchased, just putting the final touches on the ~~presentation~~

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Holiday cheer has been deployed via squig, hopefully they don't leave too many bite marks.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Santa has visited my humble abode! What could be inside?

https://imgur.com/k6o0Ngb

Why it's the conquering armies of Cyrus the Great, and the earth he demands in tribute!

https://imgur.com/3V49s5o

Thanks a bunch, thegodofchuck! I can't wait to get these guys painted up and crush those western barbarians and their watered-down wine!

FishFood fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 4, 2021

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

thegodofchuck posted:

I'm glad you like it! But I wanted to make sure - was there some grass to be uprooted in there too, along with the earth to be trod underfoot? If not, Miniature Market has withheld its proper tribute.

I had to go check and there was! The tissue paper it was wrapped in blended in to the bottom of the bag and I missed it! Thanks even more!

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
I'm so glad you liked it! Writing the note and painting the "glyph" was a lot of fun: it was my first time using my airbrush so I had to work out a few kinks and it didn't turn out quite the way I first envisioned but happy accidents are still happy and very, very Orky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
This was my first year and I had a blast making/sending a gift, getting some killer models, and seeing all the cool stuff everyone else sent! Thanks to LF for keeping this fun and cool tradition going and for putting in all the work wrangling goons. Merry Goonmas to everyone!