Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Once more the grim spectre of Santa stalks these forums. Creeping, seeking. His powers boundless, nonetheless I will not ask the impossible: a return to regular gaming. Like a classical god, the Santa has its limitaitons.

Gift Preferences: I dearly appreciate every gift I've gotten from TG Santas, and I remain a dedicated game gadfly, but to be frank the gifts I've gotten the most immediate and greatest enjoyment from have been weird movies. I love batshit terrible movies or just off-the-wall poo poo. The two highlights that always come to mind are Blood Diner and Ringing Bell. (So don't get me those!) My wife and I have been making a habit of watching horrendous Hallmark and Hallmark-adjacent Christmas romance movies for Christmas.

Likewise, my wife and I could use some new simple but fun board games. Scrabble is our go-to. Something that doesn't require unwavering concentration and can also be funny if you gently caress around with it.

That said, I am still very partial to interesting and cool RPG artefacts, even if what makes them cool and interesting is the weird historical footnote they ended up being. Here are the RPGs and board games I already have. I'm on the prowl for first edition Chronicles of Darkness/new World of Darkness books that are considered indispensable for Hunter or Vampire.

I'd rather not receive PDFs or PoD books, and I'm especially disinterested in D&D5E and minis in general. No video games, either, please.

Last year when I posted my gift preferences, I mentioned that I had imminent babies. They can't help but fulfill the "babies get born and then start growing" stereotype, and now my babies are almost a year old. So if my Santa-er is inclined, something year-old-related is totally cool! It's two babies because I'm greedy, so if twins makes a difference to how you might do a gift, that's great, but don't feel obligated. They steal poo poo from each other all the time, so no matter how singular your gift is it will go in both their mouths. I'm also interested in children-focused RPG stuff so I can start corrupting them at first opportunity, but the earliest any of that would be useful is still years off.

Here's an Amazon list full of random crap, mostly RPG stuff! Here's a Noble Knight list full of random crap, all RPG stuff! These lists include stuff that I just sort of want for the hell of it in the event I have unlimited money, but it should give you a fair idea of the kind of things I would really appreciate. There might also be stuff on the lists that I've already bought and didn't remove, so please if you're going to get me a book, double-check my shameful spreadsheet. I've also got tons of pending RPG Kickstarters, so you might need to double-check that if something cool recently came out and you think I might like it. I probably already backed it!

Dongs are fine if it's funny!

General Location: Literally Middle-America, USA

Solemn Vow: I swear to Grinch! I swear I will Grinch not just my Santee but every Santa and Santee in this thread. You can't loving stop me. I'll hack your IPs and Amazon and all your shipping addresses will be my butthole. I'm gonna, oh poo poo, heyheyheyyy c'maahn I'm a little TG poster, I'm just a little poster, noo, it's also my birthday, I'm a little birthday poster, I swear I woulda never grinched nobody with my little birthday posts.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

All the parts of my Santee's gift should be here very soon, and then away the cheer.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Finally got my gift in the mail. Moving really threw a wrench in things.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Alrighty, updates!

My Santee's package has arrived as of yesterday according to USPS.

My own gifts have arrived!

Junior inspector Shifu is busy inspecting all the closets in our new house for the millionth time, now that he's pretty sure the ceiling fans aren't after him. I had to bring packages to senior inspector Po, who I guess will get to it someday.

Somehow a note that is both very revealing but also mysterious. Love the owl paper!

Since the big day is quite near and it will be the first time babies can help tear things apart, I'll be holding off on opening them until Xmas. Thanks very much to my Santa. One is almost certainly a movie, which I look forward to inflicting on/delighting my family.

Merry Goonmas, Goons and all!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Gaghskull posted:

Finally sharing the images. The package before I even opened them had me curious. And something about a tree giving goondolences for giving gifts.

And then holy crap! New brushes, a cool playmat, some sicarans, and a very soft blanket! Thanks Santa!

Excellent, I'm glad you like them! I wanted to shotgun out various gifts since I have no good sense of what's desirable in 40k anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Thanks LF for all your hard work, and all you goons for participating! I should have unwrapping pics of my own to post soon!