Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dear Santa,

You've always been good to me (at least in your TGSS guise), and this year's been just as poo poo as last year, just in different ways. But I'm alive. Let's call that a win for now, and celebrate by buying people poo poo.

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but the things that have hit the table and gone well recently include Star Realms, Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, 7 Wonders, and Tiny Epic Galaxies/Zombies/Dinosaurs. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing!

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome.

I like RPGs, but I have a huge collection that includes a lot of weird/obscure games already, and I'm in a rut where I'm not able to play anything so I'mma suggest against that. I don't play wargames or paint miniatures, either.

General Location

:scotland:

Solemn Vow

I solemnly swear that I will not grinch, lest next year is worse than this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cheer has been deployed.

And what the hell, Lightning round me, baby!

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa,

You've always been good to me (at least in your TGSS guise), and this year's been just as poo poo as last year, just in different ways. But I'm alive. Let's call that a win for now, and celebrate by buying people poo poo.

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but the things that have hit the table and gone well recently include Star Realms, Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, 7 Wonders, and Tiny Epic Galaxies/Zombies/Dinosaurs. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing!

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome.

I like RPGs, but I have a huge collection that includes a lot of weird/obscure games already, and I'm in a rut where I'm not able to play anything so I'mma suggest against that. I don't play wargames or paint miniatures, either.

General Location

Solemn Vow

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Lightning Round cheer deployed!

UPDATE: Amazon says it should be delivered on Monday!

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 27, 2021

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

potatocubed posted:

What's this? Cheer received?!

These are great. Thank you DigitalRaven!

You’re very welcome! I hope you can be tempted to share your impressions of them in due course.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Not sure which round this was from, but thanks DigitalRaven!

I had in fact been thinking of buying this myself, since I like Cthulhu (still haven't finished the Necronomicon, but I guess I should do so soon) but kept wringing my hands about it because dang Fantasy Flight and their piles of expansions that are all nice to have.

Incidentally, I keep trying to get my significant other to play board games with me, and she said she was interested in playing this one, so even better!

And it has a solo mode? :nice:

Thank you again!

edit: as an aside, I'll skip bonus round 2, but I *may* be interested in doing bonus round 3, but it's up in the air for now.

This is your lightning round #1 gift, and I'm very glad I got the right thing for you.

In related news: CHEER HAS ARRIVED!

This is brilliant, I've had my eye on it for a while now but never pulled the trigger. It arrived early enough that I could get a solo game in during my lunch break and I really like how it plays. Thank you, Santa!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Further cheer has arrived! And it's beautifully wrapped

I almost didn't want to open it, I wanted to stick it under a tree, wait for the snow to fall and the robins to sing and a dodgy fat bloke in a red suit to climb down my nonexistent chimney, as he takes a break from startling young children...

then I remembered I have no impulse control whatsoever.

Thank you so much, Santa! That's incredible, I'm blown away. I can't wait to get this on the table.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Yet further cheer has arrived! I'm guessing that it's the other elements to go with One Deck Dungeon, so they're all in the same shot.

An excellent book of solo games that I hadn't come across before, and some dongs! Excellent!

Let this be a lesson: sometimes, if you ask for dongs, you get them, and that's not always a bad thing

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Rid posted:

Glad that all parts of the Lightning Round gift has arrived now! The solo game book looked really cool, so I hope you enjoy it. And the dongs are a TGSS traditional now, since I sent you the same as part of a gift last year (IIRC). Regardless, happy Christmas!

Oh, of course! Sorry, I didn't remember who sent last year's dongs, but I'm so glad you remembered. This is totally a TGSS tradition now.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Sign me up for LIGHTNING ROUND 4!!!

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa,

Gift Preferences

General Location

Solemn Vow

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Order's placed for LR4.

And because I'm seriously amazed by how much generosity has happened already this year, sign me up for LIGHTNING ROUND 5?!?

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa,

Gift Preferences

General Location

Solemn Vow

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

LR5 gift deployed!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Two items of cheer arrived! Firstly, a deck-building game about building the best fort, with pizza and toys!

And what's in that neatly-wrapped package?

Why an expansion pack that adds cats and dogs! So of course it had to be inspected by Sinister, just in case a real cat had snuck in with it.

Then came a knock-knock-knocking on my door again, this time bringing–

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK74EaLcwDU

–shut it, Ramba.

This is indeed a Zaku! With a light-up eye.

It shall guard the cheer from all comers, at least until a Gundam shows up.

These are both fantastic gifts, and I can't wait to get Fort to the table.

Thank you, Santas! Thantas!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

rydiafan posted:

A package came today! In it were two fancy bags.

Kaya is inspecting them, in case they're full of dog treats.

Jorji Costava, meanwhile, is just annoyed his perch has been stolen from him.

A board game and its expansion, you say? What could it be?

Photosynthesis! I played this a couple times at a board game gathering and really enjoyed it! I'm super happy to have this added to my collection and look forward to playing it with my wife.

Jorji, however, is just happy to have the high ground back.

Thanks, so much, Lightning Round 5 Santa! Unpacking, punching, and assembling everything was a much better use of my time then whatever I was supposed to be doing for work this afternoon.

This was from me, and I'm so glad that it's something you've played and enjoyed!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Yet more cheer has arrived!

It is brilliant!

I've played Lost Cities before and really enjoyed it, so I'm really happy to have a copy so I can share it with more people!

It's also a tiny bit disturbing because I don't know how my Santa is aware of my ongoing fascination/obsession with the Carcosa mythos — or, indeed, whether it was my Santa who wrote the note, or if Santurr'gha was the name of the amazon driver...

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

gschmidl posted:

While I'm not your Santa, I'm also a nerd because I immediately had "Song of my soul, my voice is dead / die though, unsung, as tears unshed / shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa" in my head despite not reading that in years and years.

...it turns out Cassilda's Song scans very well to the tune of Hallelujah. This was the xmas mashup I didn't know I needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snBzk8W-r2Y

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 18, 2021

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Aramoro posted:

I received word a parcel arrived for me so I scoured the shire (my neighbours) and discovered this!

I've played this game before and it's great. I always love a game with wooden bits. This is going to go down very well in my Christmas nerding.

I'm glad you like it! I did my best based on your BGG collection :)

This is turning out to be a most excellent year for TG Secret Santa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

moths posted:

Agreed with everyone! This has been fun from the start and I appreciate LF's herculean task of wrangling goons.

Definitely! Every year's TGSS has been great, and a lot of it is down to Leper's great organization.

I'm struck this year by just how hella generous everyone has been — even more so than previous years. So while in no way distracting from how amazing the goon-wrangling is, thank you everyone! This is the best Secret Santa I'm part of, on or off SA, long may it stay that way.