Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I did this last year for the first time and ended up with a lovely two-player game that my wife and I have brought with us on every vacation we've taken for the last year. Thanks SantaGoon!

Gift Preferences:
I am predominantly a dude who plays board games. I haven't been into CCGs or RPGs in a long time because I unfortunately don't have a consistent group to play with. For board games, the wheelhouse has been games that scale from 2-4 (or 4-6), as my wife and I typically play against each other or with other couples. We've enjoyed a wide variety of games ranging from simple co-op games like Forbidden Desert to engine-builders like Wingspan and Terraforming Mars to bluffing games like Skull and Secret Hitler to party/press-your-luck games like Camel Up. I absolutely loved Gloomhaven and think it's the best board game I've ever played...but the rest of my group thought it was tedious and overly complex. So as much as I'd love to bring Arkham Horror or Mansions of Madness to the table, it'd probably bounce off. The biggest hit that I've brought to a game night was Galaxy Trucker. Goddamn that's a great game.

I'm definitely down to try games with unique and interesting mechanics. We've never done any type of dexterity-based game, so something like Flick 'Em Up would be cool, I think?

Here's my BGG collection which should be up to date.

General Location: Michigan

Solemn Vow: No grinching will happen here. I am also happy to buy my Santee a slightly more expensive gift if I feel it will meet their needs better than something low-budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I’ve also placed my order, which should arrive sometime next week.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Wrr posted:

Bing bong! My gift has arrived! Thank you so much from my secret santa, I look forward to painting these fools up and imagining playing Infinity one day

You’re welcome! I don’t know anything about Infinity or War Games in general, so I just picked dudes who looked badass and bought them.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Yea that’s a dope as hell gift — I gotta be more thoughtful with my gifts for next year.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

My holiday cheer arrived earlier this week but I finally had a chance to sit down and unbox!

I’ve played a lot of Splendor on Steam, so I’m stoked to have a physical copy that I can bring as a palate cleanser on game night. I dig a game that seems simple, but can get surprisingly cut throat.

Thanks Santa Goon!

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

Hey, glad you like it! I looked for some good dexterity-y games but I couldn't find anything that wasn't stinking Pre-Order or out of stock, they're big this year! I'm also in awe at the size of that lad, the copies they have at my walmart are like the size of a hardcover book.

It is an unnecessarily large box for sure! The whole game fits easily in a box the size of like, Skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Holy poo poo, that’s wild. Isn’t it like, out of print, and was over $100 on kickstarter?