Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Almost zoned out right past the deadline. Love 2 participate in this.

Gift Preferences: I like weird but useful dice, and even moreso I like weird but useful miniatures. I mostly play generic fantasy RPGs so things that could be PCs, NPCs, weird monsters, etc, or things like interesting terrain: dungeon details and whatnot.

General Location: Florida, unfortunately

Solemn Vow: There's never been a grinchy me, and never shall I a grincher be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

what's the worst case of drama/grinching that's happened for the TG Secret Santa? Was it 2008. Looking forward to reading The Drama later

Someone actually came to my house and took a present instead of sending one

Not really, but it could happen

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That Old Tree posted:

All the parts of my Santee's gift should be here very soon, and then away the cheer.

:same:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lightning cheer deployed

Regular cheer still awaiting components

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
post the rock

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A box arrives!

Inside is a bounty of cutely wrapped parcels

Weird minis! Crazy dice! EXCELLENT

And a lovely pouch for the crazy dice!

THANK YOU SANTA

Now I see it was ME that GreenBuckanneer was concerned about getting their gift - I was away at a work conference for 3 days and this was a very nice thing to come home to. Much thanks, I love it!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm glad you liked it. As soon as I read the crazy dice, I thought of those then ran out and bought it from my LGS. The minis were super cool, honestly I like the noodly Boi on the right there the most. I saw these too, but I couldn't afford it at the time:

Sharing it for inspiration

Yeah those are my favorite as well! Floaty tentacle buddies

And those cats are great sculpts, yeah. I backed their original Kickstarter (dungeons and doggies) and the first cats and catacombs one too

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Now that I've done what I need to for my prior obligations I'm down for LR3 as well

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The Z-Town is from me in the Lightning Round. I hope you have fun with it!

Another package is pending but looks to be delayed. At least you have other goodies to tide you over in the meantime.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am now waiting on two separate shipping limbo situations

Tis the season I suppose

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A box arrived yesterday filled with holiday booty

A bunch of very cool dungeon dressing

A lot of these things are crazy detailed and very cool. It will certainly be a step up from my beat up cardboard heroquest bookshelves

THANK YOU GOON SANTA

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've still got two in transit with [????] for tracking. One says arrives on the 21st (whelp) but I can't actually track it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Leperflesh posted:

Spreadsheet of Cheer.

This really sounds like an oxymoron but I realize it's not in this ONE case

If there is another Lightning Round I will jump in, this is a much needed source of fun (with a little stress) in a time of great stress (with too little fun)

Gift Preferences: I would mostly like weird but useful miniatures. I mostly play generic fantasy RPGs so things that could be PCs, NPCs, weird monsters, etc. Very cool sci-fi heroes or strange aliens are also ok if they are sufficiently awesome.

I love board games and card games but I'm very hard to buy for because I haven't managed to put together an avoid list - I'll have it done by next year for sure. I mean, if you have an extra copy of Gloomhaven lying around I won't say no, but I don't really have anything else on my radar. Feel free to ask (through Leperfish) if you have something you think is cool. I love fun, hard, silly, and/or complicated games that can be played by 3-5or6 people. That war of whispers earlier in the thread seemed neat, I hadn't heard of that before.

General Location: Florida, unfortunately

Solemn Vow: There's never been a grinchy me, and never shall I a grincher be.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
LR5 Deployed
LR3 still pending but now looks to be going out Tuesday. Hopefully good things come to those who wait.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A golden bubble pack arrived in the mail today.

Inside, I first discover the following message and mysterious hamsas

Inside a fancy pouch are the aforementioned high-vis dice.

My phone camera does not do justice to how bright or high contrast they are.
They are very!

Inside a shiny silver pouch I then find a much larger hamsa which opens and is large enough to contain some dice

Finally, there are three anti-OSHA d20s which are the very opposite of high-vis but are none the less cool colors.

Thank you, mysterious benefactor goon

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Arrived home from work to find an.unexpected box!

And inside,

some boardgame component bowls (which fold flat) that I'd already been eyeing off in a store, and a cool dice case with matching tray!

Thanks LR TGSS!

Oh neat, something I didn't know I always wanted.

What's the flip top one with the grid for

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
All cheer has been deployed as of this morning, please update the spreadsheet of holiday merriment

The other part of Rid's gift is still in the missing void of international shipping. Amazon.de says delivered by 21 Dec but there is no actual tracking I can access. C'mon reindeer, don't let me down!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hedningen posted:

Okay, I can finally explain the joke:

Treemen came, bearing Burning Wheel Gold, Frank N. Stein, and myrrh.

:ibadpop:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Finally got around to having time at home to sit down and I had a box addressed to me!!

Inside a box of Questoris Knights and a bag full of tree terrain!!!

Absolutely so loving stoked, thank you so much Santa! I combo'd off of this, as my kids don't know what to get me, and ordered myself rhe 2 player starter as well. Well omw to having 2 forces up and running

Thank you again. Gonna have to do the Oath painting thread to keep me focused I think

Not sure if the notes came through but id love to see a pic of the trees you got, they said assorted mixed but it looked like most would be a good scale for that game

Glad you like it!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ibntumart posted:

Three festively wrapped gifts, and season’s greetings from Skellie Santa is a good start.

I didn’t even know this existed! Going to devour this once holiday vacation starts.

Very nifty! This will be very helpful should I follow my heart and decide to run a Mythos horror game in the near future.

And this feels like Cthulhu himself showing me the dread path I am fated to tread! Seriously, awesome choice. I feel a TG recruitment post in the making….

Thank you for three most excellent tomes!

This one was me

Glad you're happy with the books!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LaSquida posted:

Everyone here liked the shark paper, but that's so cool! Thanks for showing it to us here!

Posting in the cephalopod love fest

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rid posted:

A tall, mysterious package came yesterday evening:

Inside was Onitama - a super cool two player game!

My wife and I gave it a go and *really* enjoyed it. I expect it will get a lot of play over the next week. Thanks, Santa!

Yay it finally arrived!

When you described what you wanted as a game for the two of you I thought of that immediately. I'm very glad you like it!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nthing the great thanks to Leperflesh for the good work and my fellow thread goons for being cool as hell

Bucnasti posted:

The Etsy order for my last Santee is also going to miss the deadline (my own fault for not realizing I was ordering from Canada) so I deployed my favorite holiday card with a consolation giftcard inside to my target.

I guess this was me because I got the card today :wave:

Really wasn't necessary to supplement the gift, I'm not impatient and I know how this stuff can be. My thanks, though, truly. And the card is great. I'll post a pic when I post the other bit.

I kind of like that I'll have one lingering gift after the day tbqh

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The mail finally came through and it was worth the wait!

I don't have a way to take particularly good pictures right now, but here's the haul

A fantastic winged hippo and four simian adventurers

All the minis are super nice. I'm really glad the manufacturer put that note in there about the parts too because while the shredded paper packing totally protected everything, I would absolutely have thrown out at least one piece without the count.

THANKS BUCNASTI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bucnasti posted:

Yay! I'm so glad you liked them. That winged hippo looks great!

Do the bases go to specific apes? Did the supplier have an image of how the bard was mounted to a base?

I love these and I can't wait to get to use them in a cool adventure