Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Gift Preferences:

- Forge World Blood Bowl Star Players (Here is a visual guide of the ones I need grabbed from the website, with the ones I do have "whited out")
- GW Blood Bowl Treeman
- Playing Cards, but I have a pretty big collection already, so probably steer clear of this one.
- Obscure, intriguing, and/or pretty RPGs
- Obscure, intriguing, and/or pretty board games (I don't have a bgg list yet either, unfortunately, but I have a lot of these, so probably steer clear of this one too)
- Manga (one of the ones I got last year was Blame volume 1, and I already liked the creator (oh, excuse me, the mangaka), so maybe volume more of this one?)
- Really cool dice bags, but those are usually too expensive

I have a strong preference for physical items over digital ones.

General Location:
Missouri, but don't hold that against me.

My Solemn Vow:
I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present and tell everyone what I got and who sent it to me.

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

InternetJunky posted:

I feel dumb for asking this, but we're supposed to ID ourselves in the package we send out right?

Some people do, some people wait for the thread, some people are secretive secret santas.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Lightning Round signup!

thegodofchuck posted:

Gift Preferences:

- Forge World Blood Bowl Star Players (Here is a visual guide of the ones I need grabbed from the website, with the ones I do have "whited out")
- GW Blood Bowl Treeman
- Playing Cards, but I have a pretty big collection already, so probably steer clear of this one.
- Obscure, intriguing, and/or pretty board games (I don't have a bgg list yet either, unfortunately, but I have a lot of these, so probably steer clear of this one too)
- Manga (one of the ones I got last year was Blame volume 1, and I already liked the creator (oh, excuse me, the mangaka), so maybe volume more of this one?)

General Location:

My Solemn Vow:
I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present and tell everyone what I got and who sent it to me.

All three of my gifts have been ordered, just waiting on shipping confirmations.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

thegodofchuck posted:

Lightning Round signup!

All three of my gifts have been ordered, just waiting on shipping confirmations.

Santee #3 is shipped per Amazon.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

DressCodeBlue posted:

Thank you, thegodofchuck, for supplying me with the best dice???

Love these hollow metal octobois. :3:

You're welcome! You said you liked dice, purple, and mind flayers, so I think I was morally obligated.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I received a small box tucked in my door

obviously from Santa #2!

inside was a poor tree, chopped to pieces and put into plastic, clearly a sign of our encroachment upon nature.

I made my amends to nature and reassembled this Spirit of the Forest.

Thank you Santa #2 for allowing this holiday miracle.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Also, I have ordered my Lightning Round Gift. Away, parcels of cheer!

And Santee #2's gift has shipped per the shipper.

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 29, 2021

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I’m glad you like it! You should be receiving the other parts of my gifts now (says delivered). One part of it may not make sense, but once your other gifts come in from us, it should be obvious :)

I’m glad that Reaper actually wrote something on the package, because there wasn’t any gift options lol

That's okay! I'm just excited to have more stuff to play with.

The only comment I'd make is the models themselves are a little messier than I expected, coming from GW. Not sure why, though it's not a big deal.

Speaking of which...

Santa #2 #2

Blame #2 (lots of #2s here), sequel to last TGSS, and True to Nature incense with a giant tree on it, which, prior to the mysterious post above, I thought was a reference to the Treeman.

But apparently there is another plot afoot (which I guess is good, since the Treeman needs some feet, he's kinda stumpy).

Thanks, Santa GreenBuckanneer!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Aramoro posted:

One of Santa's helpers dropped by today and what's this?

A gift for me!

It's Mysterium Park! I love the Mysterium games, I have Mysterium, Obscurio, Dixit so I am super happy to get Mysterium Park! I'll be calling my friends and family bellends for not begin able to get my clues in no time.

I'm glad you like it! I went off of your rankings and saw Mysterium was way up there! There's one more gift coming, hopefully it's up your alley too.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Chekans 3 16 posted:

A package came in and so many have been coming in lately I was halfway done opening it before I realized I didn't order this haha. It's a Keyforge storage box! It's got 4 nice wooden deck boxes and token storage. It was shot at with Lasers! :hellyeah:

Thanks thegodofchuck!

I had to flip a coin between a really cool one for just a couple decks or a lot for mass storage and I was distracted by the shiny pew-pew of this one. I hope it works out for your favorite decks!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
A new gift has arrived from rydiafan!

It's a mysterious box, a relative of a dice bag.

Whoa, a cool treasure chest! I'm sure those teeth on the box weren't indicative of anything suspicious.

Oh no! My precious fingers!

I'd better feed it!

Thanks, rydiafan!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

FishFood posted:

Santa has visited my humble abode! What could be inside?

https://imgur.com/k6o0Ngb

Why it's the conquering armies of Cyrus the Great, and the earth he demands in tribute!

https://imgur.com/3V49s5o

Thanks a bunch, thegodofchuck! I can't wait to get these guys painted up and crush those western barbarians and their watered-down wine!

I'm glad you like it! But I wanted to make sure - was there some grass to be uprooted in there too, along with the earth to be trod underfoot? If not, Miniature Market has withheld its proper tribute.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

FishFood posted:

I had to go check and there was! The tissue paper it was wrapped in blended in to the bottom of the bag and I missed it! Thanks even more!

Awesome! Glad those scoundrels at Miniature Market, uh, weren't scoundrels. Enjoy your earthworks and armies!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Aramoro posted:

Santa has been once more!

Forgotten Circles for Gloomhaven!

I got gloomhaven during lockdown and I've been playing through it with my wife in the long cold evenings here so we are both absolutely delighted with this. Thank you.

Excellent, I am glad both of the games were on target, enjoy!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I'm in for Lightning Round 4!

thegodofchuck posted:

Gift Preferences:

- GW Blood Bowl Treeman
(added): -Cool Blood Bowl or Dungeon Bowl accessories or fun bits
- Playing Cards, but I have a pretty big collection already, so probably steer clear of this one, unless you are absolutely insane and want to spend hundreds of dollars on me. In that case, hit me up, let's chat!
- Manga (one of the ones I got last year was Blame volume 1, and I already liked the creator (oh, excuse me, the mangaka), so maybe volume more 3+ of this one? - got volume 2 already this year!)
(added): -Gunpla would be cool, the only one to avoid would be the RX-78-2 3.0.

General Location:

My Solemn Vow:

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I got... unexpected packages, but I'm not sure if they're Secret Santa gifts?

Package #1: Sowing the seeds of heresy, with your good friend Horus!

Everyone knows seeds of heresy reap a crop of orthodoxy, right?

Package #2: I got a bunch of Nuns with Guns!

with a gift message for Sam! and that's not my name! or my username!

I also had GW mail one of my orders to Texas (where I don't live) last week, so I think this one might not be for me?

Anyway, please let me know if either package were part of my gifts, so I can let GW know if they have screwed something else up (when I complain about the other two orders that they still haven't sent to me).

If these are Secret Santa gifts, thank you Santa! My Grimdarkness shines a little brighter.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Leperflesh posted:

This is very confusing. I do not have a single goon named "sam" in this year's Spreadsheet of Cheer, although I do have a very short list of goons for whom I was not given a first name. I can think of a few possibilities:
-One of your Santas mixed up and got your name wrong
-Someone accidentally sent you things intended for someone else, maybe not even part of this secret santa

Please can thegodofchuck's santa send me an email, or post here, or PM me, ASAP? thanks!

You would be #3, so yeah apparently. Both of the first two signups are UK goons, so keep that in mind.

What did you get??? :f5:

For clarification, package #1 (book) had no note at all, package #2 (battle sisters) said "Merry Christmas Sam!!!!" (Yes, four exclamation marks). So, I expect package #2 is most likely a GW mistake, but y'never know. Although there appear to be a lot of Sams out there now. Package #1 might be a Santa gift?

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Lightning Round #4 gifts ordered (apparently will arrive in 3 shipments, curses).

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I got another present!

The note enclosed tells me this for a dumb joke, but apparently I am the dumb one, since I am not getting the punch line yet.

As my reward for reassembling the first man of tree from Santa #2, I get a treeman that will not cause serious injury when thrown at a person.

But these block dice on the other hand are remarkably heavy, so you may want to have the Dodge skill.

And what lurks in this secret chamber?

A handcrafted Frank 'N' Stein Star Player!

Thanks, Santa #1! That's Frankly impressive! I appreciate that you put your own work into the gift!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Hedningen posted:

You’re welcome! I hope it’s okay that I sculpted it.

As for the joke: gotta wait for your other Santa for it to make sense!

Sure! That hand-made touch really brings it to life!

:rimshot:

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Got two boxes!

First box:

Better "Wach" out, there's a spooky ghost!

Second box:

This time it's a spooky scary skeleton. And a spooky scary agony uncle!

I think these are different santas, since they have different order numbers, but I don't know. So thank you, Santa or Santas! I am going to have one heck of a famous bench for any undead team between these and Hedningen's Franky!

I still don't get this running joke thing, but I'm guessing it has to do with undead and nature. Un-natural?

I'm also not sure if that Heresy Rising book earlier was part of this or not.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Aramoro posted:

It's two different Santa's! There's another part that's coming later.

Thank you Aramoro for the Blood Bowl Widow!

I have also confirmed that the second box was actually NOT involved in this, so just one gift in that post.

Also also, the first part (of two) of my LR5 gift has arrived per Amazon, but I haven't seen a post, so I hope they delivered it to the right place :ohdear:

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 15, 2021

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
OK, I think I get the joke now, which is that everyone is getting me

Treemen! Lots and lots of treemen, so I have a forest of treemen. There might be some witty pun involved too, but if so I can't see the forest for the treemen.

But this treeman came bearing gold!

Burning Wheel Gold! (that's my Santa's joke)

Thanks Santa moths!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Hedningen posted:

Okay, I can finally explain the joke:

Treemen came, bearing Burning Wheel Gold, Frank N. Stein, and myrrh.

You all get a hearty groan. Thanks for your elaborate scheme. I must have ended up on Santa's naughty list to have been punished so.

I got another package, too, with no trees involved, although it still lets me point the finger at you for that joke, because I can

Blame volume 3 you for it.

Thanks, I don't know which Santa!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Aramoro posted:

That was from me if that helps tie up which santas are still in flight.

Thanks for the second gift, revealed Santa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Part 2 of my LR4 gift arrived Thursday according to the tracking, but I haven't seen a post yet, so I'm hoping nothing went wrong.