Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters character?
This poll is closed.
Yugi Muto / Yami Yugi 6 5.94%
Seto Kaiba 36 35.64%
Joey Wheeler 14 13.86%
Mai Valentine 8 7.92%
Bakura Ryou / Yami Bakura 3 2.97%
Maximillian Pegasus 19 18.81%
Marik Ishtar / Yami Marik 4 3.96%
Someone else 11 10.89%
Total: 101 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I don't know why writing about the gacha mechanics is so unpleasant to me, except that it just feels like writing an ad and I kinda hate it. It's stalling me out, so I'm gonna just throw the update together in the next day or two before I lose all my momentum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Probably because gacha mechanics are generally unpleasant?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Catching up on the thread and...

Nyaa posted:

I went to have a long read up on that, and they don’t have any modern upgrade (extra deck function) for their archtype. They aren’t really compatible with other archtype and have too many cards to run it owns thing.

...yeah about that. Guess what got announced recently?

https://ygorganization.com/itsafusionconfusionnanomaster/

Witchcrafters have snuck into the extra deck!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Man, I even spent hours reading and googling the archtype before replying too. :neet:

It pretty self-substaining on its own at this point. Maybe future support could perfect the archtype with banish cycling capability.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Nyaa posted:

Man, I even spent hours reading and googling the archtype before replying too. :neet:

It pretty self-substaining on its own at this point. Maybe future support could perfect the archtype with banish cycling capability.

You’re good lol. They announced the new support after your post.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Being honest, next update probably won't be until after the holidays.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
That's one long matchmaking queue :v:

But seriously, no worries, we can wait.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

girl dick energy posted:

Unfortunately, Duel Links borrows heavily from the manga continuity, in which Kaiba was not present for this passing of the torch. As such, he got no such closure, and has instead spent the last several years single-mindedly pursuing the goal of getting one last duel with a dead man.

That explains the latest movie so much better. I watched it thinking it was following the anime continuity, and I was wondering why and how Kaiba could have so much angst while also starting Duel academy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Flair posted:

That explains the latest movie so much better. I watched it thinking it was following the anime continuity, and I was wondering why and how Kaiba could have so much angst while also starting Duel academy.

Yeah, it's a big difference. In the manga, Kaiba wasn't present for the last duel (in fact, he isn't present for the entirety of the last arc, with his character development done after Duelist Kingdom he leaves the story), so the movie's take on him has some logic - he never saw Atem leave, and his ego is big enough that he'd believe that only he could properly send his rival off.

In the anime he was there, and apparently that was good enough to accept that someone else got the last blow on one of the two people Kaiba ever cared about, so he could go on with his life and create Duel Academia (where he still put his own God card first and Atem's last, because his ego has not changed at all).

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, it's a big difference. In the manga, Kaiba wasn't present for the last duel (in fact, he isn't present for the entirety of the last arc, with his character development done after Duelist Kingdom he leaves the story), so the movie's take on him has some logic - he never saw Atem leave, and his ego is big enough that he'd believe that only he could properly send his rival off.

In the anime he was there, and apparently that was good enough to accept that someone else got the last blow on one of the two people Kaiba ever cared about, so he could go on with his life and create Duel Academia (where he still put his own God card first and Atem's last, because his ego has not changed at all).

Seeing Yugi beat Atem properly means Kaiba is able to transfer his rivalry “healthily” to the new King of Games.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
If Kaiba is able to see Atem lose to Yugi, he can transfer his rivalry to him and then eventually found Duel Academia, leading in turn to 5D's.

If he can't, he makes AR technology and we end up in VRAINS or Zexal, depending on how much influence Mokuba could get in.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Pyroi posted:

If Kaiba is able to see Atem lose to Yugi, he can transfer his rivalry to him and then eventually found Duel Academia, leading in turn to 5D's.

If he can't, he makes AR technology and we end up in VRAINS or Zexal, depending on how much influence Mokuba could get in.

So what you're saying is the Manga is the worst timeline while the anime is the best timeline.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

So what you're saying is the Manga is the worst timeline while the anime is the best timeline.
The manga is the edgy timeline.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Pagasus died in the manga too, right when Bakura ripped his eye off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I keep meaning to come back to this, and I want this game to be documented, but I think I need to accept that I'm not the person to do it. LPing a live service game just isn't something I have the consistency and work ethic to keep up with, and the constant low-key guilt of this hanging over my head is tripping up my work on other projects. I think I'm gonna call this a wash, and my LP energy will go back to FF5.

Sorry about the false start, y'all! See you around.