Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters character?
This poll is closed.
Yugi Muto / Yami Yugi 6 5.94%
Seto Kaiba 36 35.64%
Joey Wheeler 14 13.86%
Mai Valentine 8 7.92%
Bakura Ryou / Yami Bakura 3 2.97%
Maximillian Pegasus 19 18.81%
Marik Ishtar / Yami Marik 4 3.96%
Someone else 11 10.89%
Total: 101 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

BisbyWorl posted:

Flip Immortal, gain 3000 LP.

Play Creature Swap, give your opponent Immortal.

Destroy Immortal, they take the 5000 damage, as they currently own it.

I remember it working with Granadora in one of the GBA games, so it should work for Immortal.

Sadly no that is not how it works. The GBA games aren't always accurate, and The Immortal of Thunder in particular activates in the graveyard, so it hurts you no matter what because it's in your graveyard, even if you creature swap to your opponent.

Granadora possibly works differently because it's trigger is when it is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, whereas Immortal is sent to the graveyard only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Nyaa posted:

I went to have a long read up on that, and they don’t have any modern upgrade (extra deck function) for their archtype. They aren’t really compatible with other archtype and have too many cards to run it owns thing.

That said, you can stuff the extra deck with Link monster for unintrusive support. XYZ is bad since all your monsters have varies levels.

I think it would be fun if you can managed to make it work in a spellcaster type Pendulum deck.

They’re actually really recent, like post Link recent in the main game. They’re one of the archetypes made when Duel Links was getting big specifically to air drop into Duel Links in my opinion. Which at the time wasn’t anywhere near most extra deck types.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

NyoroEevee posted:

Yeah, I've played them quite a bit in TCG (in fact, I've owned a pure Witchcrafters deck in paper pretty much since their release in Infinity Chasers); I was specifically curious about their viability in Duel Links.

Impressions playing them in the TCG:

I've tried a hybrid with Pend Magician but had no real success because only the big ones, like Madame Verre and Haine, really appreciate being Pendulum Summoned; also, the Witchcrafters tend to be more reliant on having discard fodder Spells available for effects, which means fewer cards in hand to Pendulum Summon.

On the note of an Extra Deck, generic Links like the Knightmares are indeed pretty good. But the real kicker for free real estate in ED is anti-meta stuff. Super Polymerization targets, Chimeratech Fortress Dragon/Megafleet Dragon, and with the possibility of Dogmatika Maximus if someone dives that deep into the Dogmatika engine, Elder Entity N'tss or the Cyber Dragon Nova > Invoked Mechaba combo.

The big greedy play that Witchcrafters can really swing a game with is resolving the grave effect of Witchcrafter Patronus after playing Spell Chronicle. Being able to stuff 5+ Witchcrafter spells into hand is a huge resource generation that Haine and Madame Verre can easily cash in.

Spell Counter stuff might also be a generic spellcaster support thing you can look into. The new Endymion stuff is nutso. Also lore appropriate as the Witchcrafter's live in Endymion's city, and their leader in the long ago past worked with him directly. Even has an archetype based on that initial group of spellcasters working together. Endymion, Verre, Aleister and some new guy specifically for that archetype.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, it's a big difference. In the manga, Kaiba wasn't present for the last duel (in fact, he isn't present for the entirety of the last arc, with his character development done after Duelist Kingdom he leaves the story), so the movie's take on him has some logic - he never saw Atem leave, and his ego is big enough that he'd believe that only he could properly send his rival off.

In the anime he was there, and apparently that was good enough to accept that someone else got the last blow on one of the two people Kaiba ever cared about, so he could go on with his life and create Duel Academia (where he still put his own God card first and Atem's last, because his ego has not changed at all).

Seeing Yugi beat Atem properly means Kaiba is able to transfer his rivalry “healthily” to the new King of Games.