Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Defense moves for mistrial with prejudice and Im gonna be loving surprised if they dont get it at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

wolfs posted:

because then the jury will think it’s premeditated murder

e: does a mistrial result in a new judge getting drawn out of the hat?

No. If it gets mistrial with prejudice, it's over and Rittenhouse walks free, never to face these charges again.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

the judge is struggling to figure out how this picture is relevant to the case

Yup he just said "i've heard nothing to change my mind on that" and hahahaha gently caress

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I believe they want this to be over by the middle of next week, meaning I would guess a verdict may come down Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I'm trying to pay attention best I can but it sounds like there's a video but it's grainy as hell that may show Rittenhouse pointing his gun at people without provocation, but no witnesses to testify to such? I'm really confused atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I believe we have closing arguments today and the judge capped them at 2.5 hours, then a lot of jury instructions. I'm not sure if the jury will get to deliberate before being sent home for the weekend.

I just wanna say I covered a lot of trials when I worked as a reporter and this one is hosed up. I've seen outbursts, angry judges, frustrated prosecutors, aloof defenders, and remorseless murderers but this one really seems to go beyond all that.

I think Rittenhouse will walk. But his life will be forever tarnished and limited by his decisions, he'll always be the proverbial "that guy."