Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Oscar Tshiebwe had 16 rebounds tonight, which lowered his season average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Eric Musselman about ready to fight the ref, has to be held back. Got consecutive Ts and got tossed. OU on a 15-0 run after Arkansas cut it as close as 3.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I don't care how bad UNC is, it's fun blowing them out

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Oscar Tshiebwe has 24 rebounds at the under 8 timeout. UK blowing out WKU, who just beat Louisville, so I'm claiming a transitive victory.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky put Tubby Smith's jersey in the rafters before the game against High Point today. Pretty cool moment to watch.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KentuckyMBB/status/1476962483336269831?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky has scored 2 points in the last 10 minutes, gone from up 9 to down 9.

Wheeler went out in first half with probably concussion, Washington is cramping, so 2 primary ball handlers are out, and it shows.

e: That ending was nuts. UK cuts it to 1, gets the steal with 20 seconds left, immediately turns it over. Down 3 with 10 left and LSU just pickpockets the ball, gets the bucket, wins by 5.

Still something to even be in the game with the players they had out. Just hope Wheeler is ok, he couldn't even walk off the court on his own once they got him up.

TheAlmightyFrog fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 5, 2022

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Tennessee allows 60 points per game. Kentucky has put up 52 at halftime on 78% shooting.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Tennessee allows 60 points per game. Kentucky has put up 52 at halftime on 78% shooting.

107-79 final. Most points Kentucky has scored against Tennessee. Nice way to honor Coach Hall.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky follows up their best shooting nights with one of their worst, still finds a way to win. First single digit win of the season. Needed this with games at Auburn and at Kansas coming up.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
UK losing both point guards for their 2 hardest road games so far is less than ideal. Losing Washington's offense turned this game around.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I've been on the road all day and was listening on the radio, but that made driving through Atlanta a lot more enjoyable.

Kentucky is really good when they are at full strength. Road losses to LSU and Auburn happened after losing one of the guards, and both were still close. The Notre Dame loss is really the only blip on the season so far.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Auburn trading 2 for 3 in a display of end of game fouling strategy actually working.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Not looking forward to Kentucky's trip to Arkansas in a few weeks. That is a tough place to play.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee is dominating Kentucky 46-32 at the half

Hopefully we can keep it up

Complete opposite of what happened in Lexington. Tennessee obviously playing with revenge on their mind.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky wins by 9 after trailing by 12 with 3 minutes in the first half. Lead by as many as 16 in the 2nd. Did it with 2 guards injured and not playing, essentially only played 5 guys today.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
As bad a half as that was for Kentucky, still only down 6 on the road. Hopefully Notae cools off a bit but I'm not holding out hope for that, dude is hitting insane shots.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Thought Kentucky was going to take the crowd out of the game for a minute there. This going to be a battle to the end.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Tough road loss. Washington was not 100% and I think that hurt Kentucky at times. Not going to be upset about a close loss in that environment though.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Top 4 of the SEC is so good

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
NKU has blown a 16 point lead.

E: Teams traded leads with under 20 seconds. NKU couldn't get a good shot off at the end. Wright St to the tournament.

TheAlmightyFrog fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 9, 2022

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Probably Magic posted:

Nonzero odds Kansas draws Wright State and finds a way to lose to them.

Kentucky probably would have gotten NKU, they did that a couple years ago when NKU made their first tournament. Which sucks because a lot of Kentucky fans would be pulling for them otherwise, we love pulling for the smaller schools from the state in the tournament.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
This block :eyepop:

https://twitter.com/KentuckyMBB/status/1502460048186003458?t=xTqzSMtA1tYDDZJtGf1RYQ&s=19

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

chaoslord posted:

Man Vandy got hosed pretty bad on a sequence where they shot a three where the shooter was, IMO, fouled, but even if not a foul a clear shot clock violation. Then during the Kentucky fast break, a whistle was definitely blown, but they allowed the 5 on 1 to continue and ended it with giving Stackhouse a T.

The only shocking part of that is the ref that T’d Stackhouse up was not Pat Adams or Doug Shows in a crew that has both of them on the court.

Tshiebwe is continuing his march into POTY. He is at 12 and 14 right now, and I bet a buddy of mine over 15 rebounds for him tonight so here’s hoping for two more…

I heard the whistle, really surprised they let the play go on. I though that's what Stackhouse was arguing about at first.

12 and 14 seems ho-hum for Tshiebwe, which is a credit to what he's done this year. Added 5 blocks tonight. Already has one POTY award, I'd be surprised if he doesn't add more.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Tough loss for OU. They could be sweating it out on Sunday.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky already struggling and now Tshiebwe picks up his 2nd foul with 11 to go in the first. Not ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Really surprised it's not more than down 11 right now. Kentucky can't make anything.