Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Shame Boy posted:

This thread keeps finding and dusting off the weirdest chunks of my memory that haven't been accessed in a decade and a half goddamn

Do you remember this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TtZujvvf_M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

What the gently caress

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

D1E posted:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS is kind of boring compared to Lowtax.

I have to agree. The man has certainly not held any boxing matches with washed-up film producers nor has any evident, strong feelings towards fruit-based beverages.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Warbird posted:

All these olds showing up complaining about how bad the site is now sure haven’t seen this pig’s huge balls.

I have not seen these wondrous, legendary balls you speak of, friend.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dang, those balls are definitively huge.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Vitamin Me posted:

Was helldump so bad that they harassed people? I always thought they kept the gossip and laughing about posts in their lil' subforum

Originally, yeah, then it snowballed. Badly.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

sure okay posted:

sure okay easily claims the weed sex number

:nice:

keep punching joe posted:

what was the dumb button that he put on threads to allow you to upvote/share with some third party site?

The Digg button, which I miss dearly.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This reminds me of something i can share now. Lowtax told me he got a buyout offer from a media company for $13 million in 2006. He was still having fun with the site and turned it down. He expressed lament at this to me during our own negotiations.

I did my own digging and this was the exact year that conde nast bought reddit and within the reported price range as well. I'm glad I don't live in that timeline.

loving A :lmao:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Haro_Wonderful posted:

I imagine I never really got to know what (...) most of you, are really like.

Never late to enact change. Post more. It can't be as bad as you imagine it would be.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

what was lowtaxs last post here

It wasn't this one but it's the one that made me laugh harder

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

May 17, 2006. A day that will live in infamy

Thanks for running me out of my own goddamn forum.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Moola posted:

I put the HDD next to him

RIP to both

This is from like 10 pages ago, but jesus gently caress if this didn't remind me immediately of Pokemon Sun's main villain, a crazy lady who cryofroze her Pokemon alive and screaming. Bury that poor fellow, you weirdo.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

I don't remember that part

Like I remember the space jellyfish and her going to the space jellyfish world but not that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl7fe82_rrs&t=88s

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:eyepop:

Bluecobra posted:

it's photoshop phriday rite?

:vince:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ganbare Gincun posted:

Who is Malign, and what are they right about?

Richard,
It seems I have underestimated your ability to fail. For that, I apologize. Not to you, but to the people who would enjoyed seeing me tearing your little world apart just that much more. It's a shame, really, that you ignored all of my warnings. Perhaps, if you had just a few brain cells left that weren't circling the bowl, you would have realized how pointless and counterproductive this whole thing was and quit a long time ago. This little venture of yours has failed on every level. On a personal level, for example, have you noticed that the very people you profess to hate have infested your site? They are utterly devoid of reason, their minds deluded with lies and ignorance. Their perceptions are hard-coded in a language they will never understand. Yet, these empty shells have flocked here, and what's even more amusing about it is, they emulate you. They've taken the worst things about you, namely your personality and humor, and twisted it into something far more repugnant than even you are capable of being. One bad joke becomes one thousand hideous hybrids, and it spreads like a virus. This is your audience, Richard, and they love you. That isn't very important, though. I am sure you don't care, as long as they're lined up at the trough. What is important, however, is this.

I would guess that you take as much enjoyment as anyone might at seeing these ridiculous business models fail like the insane fantasies they were. The pseudo reality of Internet commerce has finally been perceived for what it is, and the only people left are those who were lucky, smart or both. Now, being exposed to so much talk of this, for what, like over a loving year now, have you ever stopped to consider how you ever came to the conclusion that a parasite like yourself could possibly hope to survive in this environment? The corporate tit is gone, and you are completely incapable of surviving on your own. You think these failed companies had stupid business models? How about yours? I knew the advertising market was going to collapse years ago, because it's based on the assumption that banners are effective. Think about it.. You are entirely dependant on advertising.. yet, the people you try to attract are people who aren't going to click on, let alone buy whatever stupid crap that is being advertised. I am sure most of the clicks you have gotten have been sympathy clicks. Did you actually think that it was going to last forever? Everybody knows it doesn't loving work, and most sites have to beg their readers to click, just to pay the server bill. Did you think corporations weren't going to notice that no one was buying their products? You're an idiot, Richard, and I sincerely mean that. The contemptuously stupid decisions you made regarding the various networks you joined don't matter at all because the entire idea was flawed from the start. Enjoy your last moments as a free man. You'll soon be shovelling poo poo for the rest of your life at some nameless corporation, a vacant look forever etched upon your face.

Years from now, when you're no better off than when you started, when it finally hits you that it's all been nothing but a wasted lie, think of me. Think of me, Richard, and when you do, realize that I was the only beacon of logic and truth in this sad menagerie. You seem predestined for failure, however, so I doubt there is anything one can do for you. Just remember, when the joy is gone, when you're clawing at the boundaries of your little world, you always had a choice.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=154

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:mods:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mx. posted:

RIP Screamy

Poor fish didn't deserve some sicko to cum on him and then having his screaming remains frozen for the sicko's pleasure. RIP Screamy, a true homie.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

RaoulDuke12 posted:

I’m old and useless and out of touch so flame the poo poo out of me. If my reg date is before you were born I’ll buy you plat. Is that still a thing?

That's still a thing old person, except you are in good company since SA has barely managed to get new blood in several years. Stick around and post on whatever mega threads are of interest to you.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

SilkyP posted:

Was there ever even a picture of the frozen fish posted?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Must have been a ton of processed meat products and sugary drinks 'cause this Shaq can't Shaq Fu anymore.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Pablo Fanques posted:

ah, one more. According to rumors and wikipedia, Jeffrey Ray Roberts (better known as The Laziest Men on Mars,) passed away a decade ago, but if anyone wants to hear "We Are Something Awful" again here you go:

https://sndup.net/2bxt

This is before my time so it's a funny thing to discover all those years later. Guy was talented, RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

spouse posted:

:screamy:How can I get a screamy gangtag? that poo poo slaps.:screamy:

The same way you can get any other gangtag: by paying to change your avatar and adding whatever gangtags along that you want. Currently limited to two, IIRC.