Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

hey he survived a whole year after selling the website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

Jeff paid 450k for the forums? I didn’t know that no loving way

yeah that's the first I've read that. where'd that info come from?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Don't think it was Rich's permission to give...

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Oppression posted:

I liked the guy for the most part. Wasn't paying attention to a lot of poo poo but liked the flip top box flash video. Met some friends on here, and got some friends some accounts here who posted a "hello everyone, I'm just a guy" thread and got banned after I told them to lurk for a year. Glad SA isn't shutting down, hoping that I won't go out that way if the chips are down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkeOpTPeAtk

he abused multiple women, glad I could catch you up

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Man, things have changed around here.

Pre-2010 goons wouldn't have hesitated to send her hello.jpg.

how does that make you feel

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

his older two are teens (I think) which means they’re reading it right now.

so yeah, sorry for your loss kids :( you’re dad was terribly flawed but human nonetheless. His circumstance was mostly self inflicted but I don’t think he was as monstrous as he’s being made out to be: nothing in life is black and white.

I think they probably know better than you

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

sheepdemon posted:

Hey can we maybe understand that some people didn't follow the ins and outs of the happenings in the life of an internet forum owner and when they come here to say "RIP The guy who made a forum I spent a lot of time on, you seemed pretty cool" They maybe aren't saying "I SUPPORT SPOUSAL ABUSE AND LOWTAX WAS JESUS AND COULD DO NO WRONG AND LOL HIS WIVES DESERVED IT"?

Like, gently caress the guy, but I don't think everyone is aware of all the poo poo he did and maybe now he's dead it doesn't matter all that much any more anyway.

It does matter because the people he abused are still alive and taking his life was one last horrible thing he could do to them.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Basic Poster posted:

I know lowtax was probably a bad person who engaged in abusive things with women...but I was in a dark place once. Some things I had said here got me in trouble with a previous employer and he came to my aid and defended me when he didn't have to just because I was a goon. There were a few times outside of that where he helped e get out of a dark place.

I'm thankful for that and SA for being a mostly good force in my life for the past 20+ years.

I also feel pretty icky that how it all went down very probably had something to do with his death. He wasn't great..I get it. But I wish we could take a lesson about how we did dog pile the poo poo out of him and maybe could have done better.

when was the dog pile?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Basic Poster posted:

It's right now I guess

So the dogpile that you imply contributed to his suicide is happening now, after his suicide.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Futa Fake posted:

Now you can all tune in and listen to the mentally ill [!!MODSNIP!! slur !!MODSNIP!!] pay her respects to Lowtax!

Keep circle jerking and being mad on a thread though, it's also very very healthy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jesus loving christ lady

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Nov 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Don't quote crazy people - it feeds into their need to post and also spreads whatever they were posting.

I'm helping jeffrey $10 at a time