Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rip in piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i've been reading this dumb forums for over half my life now and they've changed a lot over the years and the taxman really did not change with them. he was always pining for the glory days of the early years and never seemed to like what the forums actually were for the majority of their existence. he was absent longer than he was active and when he returned he usually just caused problems. he went looking for edgier pastures instead of just growing up like the rest of us did.

but it would be lying to say he never entertained me. lots of his writing and material aged terribly but as an immature teenager it was very funny to me, as im sure it was for a lot of us. the offbeat sense of dark humor he helped cultivate here still shapes the discourse of the internet today. he also ripped off people that worked for him, took advantage of the trust people had in him as the site creator, and abused those closest to him. he never figured out how to change with the times and now he never will. rip bitch

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i have a confession: i used to read the front page somewhat regularly

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

once in college stealing a joke from a frontpage article got me laid because the girl recognized it as an sa article :911:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Chromatic posted:

The funny thing about all this is if it eventually goes to court, someones gonna have to earnestly explain to a judge what a goatse is

today i intend to explain exactly what that man is doing to his anus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jfc