Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rastarob
Feb 12, 2005

Form is emptiness, emptiness is forum

IrvingWashington posted:

I just found out Grimace is supposed to be a tastebud

If we only learn one thing from this thing that happened, I hope it is that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rastarob
Feb 12, 2005

Pleads posted:

This is the funniest Lowtax content in a decade+

rastarob
Feb 12, 2005

Ihki posted:

In the line of EMDR (which I don't know anything about, I read dead French theorists and all that degenerate poo poo), I read about this patient story where after CBT, ACT, DBT, psychoanalysis, everything and the kitchen sink of psychiatric and psychodynamic treatments basically, some rather difficult traumas of a patient finally began unraveling and healing with their decision to do nothing about them. The affirmative, preferential end to shopping for self-improvement lead to a healthy narrative of self-acceptance. I don't think you can arrive to this kind of nothing without doing something first, though. It only became possible through abandoning and retroactively disavowing the previous treatments as well as the search for the next one.

What I'm trying to say is, before resigning into doing nothing about your mental health, please do something, anything, about it. Especially if you don't think it'll help. In the worst case, all those acronyms (which really do work for a lot of people) will give you better tools for sitting on your rear end.

Forum is emptiness, emptiness is forum

rastarob
Feb 12, 2005

:screamy:

rastarob
Feb 12, 2005

:screamy:

rastarob
Feb 12, 2005