Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

It's so nice to see the donation counter baloon :unsmith:

Stay safe Kyankids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Since I didn't pay for any avatar or forum convenience in a while, I donated that to the kids.

Also, loving Gofundme tried to trick me into paying 30% tips to them. WTF.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Gave like $30 bucks. I would give more but Rich decided to die right when I'm dropping a fair chunk of my monthly income on auto repairs :sigh:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Lima posted:

Stay safe Kyankids.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Gave the kids 100

Sorry for their loss.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Gave $10. Hope it helps the kids in some small way.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
gently caress that go fund me tips bullshit the gall of whoever made that website.

Anyway hopefully LA and the kids are alright.

w00tles
Feb 8, 2006

A much better use of :10bux: than the one I gave Lowtax.

I am so sorry for you, please be alright.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
donated 100

Gotta support those kids

marwood
Jan 19, 2004

Risky challenges mean you learn more.
Made my donation. I'm so sorry for the girls. Confusing and traumatic times for them. All the best to them, and everyone dealing with the aftermath of all this.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

:10bux:

Condolences.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

:20bux:x5 after reading Lady Ambien's post. Christ on crutches, I hope it helps.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
:30bux: for the kids. Best way to deal with the death of a bad person who nonetheless impacted your life is to do a little bit to make the world better.

Captain Charisma
Nov 10, 2021

Whybird posted:

:30bux: for the kids. Best way to deal with the death of a bad person who nonetheless impacted your life is to do a little bit to make the world better.

poo poo, agreed

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
:10bux::10bux: for the kids. I wish it could be more.

Stay strong, Lady Ambien. Best wishes to the kids. Hang in there.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
:20bux: :20bux: :10bux: for LA and the kids. Hope you guys come out of this alright.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dropped in $25. I wish it was more, and more will be dropped in as I get it.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
$50 from across the pond

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

rip in peace to an abuser, I hope his kids and various exes do better without him

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
:10bux:

What a weird thing to wake up to.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I donated for the kids.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Dropping some coins in.

I hope his family can start to find some peace and have space to heal & grow.

Hormples
May 3, 2002

ARRGHH!!
MY BONES!!

At last, a bonetax I can be unashamed of :10bux:

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Donated. Hope this money can be put to good use helping the kids.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

:10bux: :10bux:

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Punted in :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

Heads up: I had to use credit/debit card because PayPal would not play nice, dunno if it was a momentary brainfart on their end or a more general problem.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Anne Whateley posted:

Is it possible to set up a gofundme that will (A) split the money between all the kids equally and (B) it'll be held in trust for them, either for education or when they're older? Doing it unofficially and trying to divide it between moms seems like it could get complicated and rough legally and in terms of taxes.

I posted a (brief) update in the GFM regarding the shift in focus, but I will better clarify the new intent when I get a moment to revise the actual description after work.

If we hit a number that will be "tax problem" level I'll work with LA and CYB on establishing 529 Education Savings accounts for each girl and transfer directly to those. Right now the families have immediate support concerns because child support is no longer going to be coming in and SS death benefits to step in in it's place may take a considerable time to sort out due to some unique issues/circumstances.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

It's not as much as I'd like to give, but it's what I can do at the moment.

I have a lot of things to say, but I think I won't say them, at least now, in this thread. I hope that the girls have the opportunity to mourn their dad as they need, and I hope that whatever this community can generate for them, and their moms, will support them all in whatever they need.

DJ Sizzle
Jul 24, 2002

ASK ME ABOUT BEING OLD
Fun Shoe
Donated 10 bucks for each kid. drat this is all so sad.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Lima posted:

Stay safe Kyankids.

Donated :10bux: to help the Kyankids.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Donated. These forms have been an important part of my life for nearly 20 years. I hope both families find comfort and peace quickly.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Donated $20, and hopefully will be able to donate more this weekend after payday. I hope this can bring comfort in some small way.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

Since I didn't pay for any avatar or forum convenience in a while, I donated that to the kids.

Also, loving Gofundme tried to trick me into paying 30% tips to them. WTF.

yeah can we post this in the main post? They will definitely try to take a significant portion of your donation if you aren't careful.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Heath posted:

I gave :10bux:. Not much, but it feels appropriate.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

thank you for posting this OP. chipped in a bit

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

My wife's father walked out on their family a few days before Christmas - he's still alive, but it's incredible how much of an impact one person's selfishness can have on many people.

$69 to the cause because this site turned me into an immature man-child, and may his family find some sort of peace and happiness in the years to come.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Donated, stay safe kids.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Donated :10bux: x5
I hope things work out for LadyAmbien & kid

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Made sure I donated more than I ever spent here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Twiin posted:

Made sure I donated more than I ever spent here.

:hmmyes: