Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

zegermans posted:

so did he suicide or just die of living the life of one of the worlds most disgusting goons

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

zegermans posted:

so did he suicide or just die of living the life of one of the worlds most disgusting goons

he suicided right in the headbrains! a coward.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Can we unban getfiscal now?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

oh holy poo poo he was so deep into his delusion that he thought he'd win his divorce proceeding, then when he suddenly realized his internally crafted reality of him being the real victim wasn't true, he just shot himself.

what a bitch.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

was he trying to be walter sobchak or what

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Karl Barks posted:

He finally battled enough wild Pokemons to evolve into his next form

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Karl Barks posted:

yeah there's another pic of him that looks exactly like walter

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

zegermans posted:

He offed himself before reaching the "youtube fat man" or Soni-chu level of life embarrassment.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/jerfad/status/1314777500333924352?t=VgDiqBF0qZTx1kHJQOlRCA&s=19

:eyepop:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

kyoon alt account accurately predicting the future?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Every time something like this happens, my respect for Assad grows

All these losers out here succumbing to their banal pressures and still, through everything, that man, that lion, persists

Not a role model, but gotta hand it to him

Thank you lowtax for this precious last lesson

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
owned

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
So are we going to delete his account like he did to every other goon who die

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

*solemnly plays the byob reggae*

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I'm actually going to make a serious post. I don't loving care what probes, bans or ridicules I loving get for it.

Lowtax was a volatile, unpredictable and deeply troubled man. I just want to get this out of the way first, he had a family and people in his personal life who cared about him. gently caress any posters dancing on his grave.

I've also noticed a stark change in the tone of the forums overall ever since he sold them. The sort of casual cruelty and mockery that I thought most of us had grown out of is rearing it's ugly loving head everywhere for the past year and a half.

What I'm trying to say is that maybe the threat of a crackpot coming in and making nonsensical decrees and random bans was the glue that kept this community together.

I also heard months ago that he was discussing suicide on discord, I even posted the screencaps in GBS. Everybody in that thread claiming they didn't care and ridiculing me for it. The man had children. They have already been through enough and most of them are old enough to be using the forums. How do you think they are going to feel about all the "Rest in piss, lol, gently caress da 'taxman!" jokes.

I woke up this morning to three lowtax related bans in the leper's colony. If we want this place to ever improve and move forward that number needs to be a lot higher.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao that post

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Valko posted:

stuff a Democrat voter would say

you pulled out the decorum card on a dead wife beater, now everyone is gonna think youre a liberal

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Valko posted:

I'm actually going to make a serious post. I don't loving care what probes, bans or ridicules I loving get for it.

Lowtax was a volatile, unpredictable and deeply troubled man. I just want to get this out of the way first, he had a family and people in his personal life who cared about him. gently caress any posters dancing on his grave.

I've also noticed a stark change in the tone of the forums overall ever since he sold them. The sort of casual cruelty and mockery that I thought most of us had grown out of is rearing it's ugly loving head everywhere for the past year and a half.

What I'm trying to say is that maybe the threat of a crackpot coming in and making nonsensical decrees and random bans was the glue that kept this community together.

I also heard months ago that he was discussing suicide on discord, I even posted the screencaps in GBS. Everybody in that thread claiming they didn't care and ridiculing me for it. The man had children. They have already been through enough and most of them are old enough to be using the forums. How do you think they are going to feel about all the "Rest in piss, lol, gently caress da 'taxman!" jokes.

I woke up this morning to three lowtax related bans in the leper's colony. If we want this place to ever improve and move forward that number needs to be a lot higher.

It was the funniest thing lowtax did in years

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Valko posted:

lol

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
tbqh I thought this was some big joke but I guess he actually shot himself

huh

feel for the kids

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Valko posted:

*solemnly plays the byob reggae, but in a minor key this time*

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

"The sort of casual cruelty and mockery that I thought most of us had grown out of is rearing it's ugly loving head everywhere for the past year and a half."

Planet's dying cloud

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

All that money goons spent on Lowtax's neck only for him to go and snap it with a rope.
:sad:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
This site has been way better off since Jeffrey bought it. Or at the very least par for course.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
finally

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Valko posted:

Is this about Jeff reopening FYAD

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
The only thing lowtax didnt beat was his alcoholism

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

vyelkin posted:

gotta say, im happy that lowtax created these dumb forums, im happy that these forums outgrew lowtax, and im sad that he chose not to grow along with the forums, the end

yup

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Valko posted:

if he could lowtax would probably post his own corpse pointing at his gravestone and ask people to photoshop this

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

vyelkin posted:

gotta say, im happy that lowtax created these dumb forums, im happy that these forums outgrew lowtax, and im sad that he chose not to grow along with the forums, the end

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Is this about Jeff reopening FYAD

if so, especially funny since lowtax tried to do it first

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Valko posted:

I actually kind of agree, but it's easy to avoid the aggro threads

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

vyelkin posted:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
de brain exit

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

I hope his family is fine. I also hope before he died he tried to reconcile with them. We wouldnt have this site without him. Hell a lot of the internet wouldnt be the internet without him.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

What did Kotaku know???

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Crowsbeak posted:

I hope his family is fine. I also hope before he died he tried to reconcile with them. We wouldnt have this site without him. Hell a lot of the internet wouldnt be the internet without him.

he killed himself within an hour of hearing he lost the court case on domestic violence against his former wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

This has all been posted before, and it will all be posted again
Well poo poo. RIP I guess