Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
gotta say, im happy that lowtax created these dumb forums, im happy that these forums outgrew lowtax, and im sad that he chose not to grow along with the forums, the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Just want to say to everybody reading this thread that I know news like this can be triggering or distressing regardless of the circumstances. Remember you're not alone if things are getting tough, and there is hope and help available.

If you are in the US you can call the Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or visit them online at suicidepreventionlifeline.org if you want help. They are there for you 24/7/365.

If you are in the UK you can visit https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/, email jo@samaritans.org or freephone 116 123 (24/7, although you may have to hold at peak times due to high demand for the service, please do not panic as calls will 100% be answered)

We have a list of additional resources too if you are in an abusive relationship or just need someone to talk to, including international resources. Please reach out to a mod or admin for more information.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

If you are sad or depressed that Lowtax died absolutely seek help immediately.

i honestly do not expect any cspammers are sad or depressed that Lowtax died, but talking about suicide can be triggering for people even if the person who died was a bad person

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

QAnon could have been born in LF in an alternate timeline.

the Q stands for Ron Paul

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pryor on Fire posted:

Every time a website is redesigned this process is coopted by the stake holders who figure out a way to add in a shitload more ads and tracking and analytics and partner integrations and it makes the website worse.

If there are zero business people and zero tech people involved at all you could pull off a successful redesign by staying away from these industry standard best practices, but this is pretty rare.

This is the main reason I like SA, it reminds me of the old internet before every byte had advertising associated with it, don't redesign anything. I think we accidentally ended up with this site because Lowtax could never get along with any tech bros or business people, maybe that was his best move.

agreed 100%, my favourite thing about SA is that it's built for people and not for algorithms

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

As lmao as this is, I think SA is probably way better of that this didn't happen, a corporate owner would have hosed with the vibes.

I know that's like saying "I'm glad our absentee landlord didn't sell this place, a corporate owner would have noticed this meth lab we have going." But it's true.

it is simultaneously very good that lowtax chose not to sell something awful to conde nast for thirteen million dollars and very funny that lowtax chose not to sell something awful to conde nast for thirteen million dollars

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Raiad posted:

rip lowtax, he loved to make people laugh but only when that laughter wasn't directed at him

he loved to punch down both metaphorically and literally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
for the last time, its name is actually Lowtax's Monster