Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

hi colorfinger i love you :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
God bless you Colorfinger, were you responsible for Wibble Wobble? It pops into my head every so often and a while ago a goon passed an audio file along to me so I could enjoy Wibble Wobble in all its glory again

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
I remember tuning in to listen to you sing over the internet and the welcome message in the chat channel was something like "i wont do piano man so stop loving asking"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Cool, OP.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I'm sad I only learned of The Meat Song now; two years ago I attended a wedding where they promised that if you requested a song, no matter what or how weird, it would play at the reception. As far as I know they lived up to that promise (there were some distinctly non-standard songs in the mix), and I would really have enjoyed seeing people dance to this.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

good job colour finger!!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Colorfinger thanks again for doing some live streams last summer when the corona train was running wild and the primaries had gone to poo poo and skulls were being cracked in the streets and infinite doomscrolling was the fastest growing occupation in america

I needed that. The world needed that.

zekezero
Apr 8, 2004

This brings back some good memories. Thanks!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Colorfinger posted:

Last year I very briefly tried to do something for Daniel From Second Life, but he asked me to shut it all down when he got paranoid about it, so if you see comments from his fans on my YouTube channel, that's why.

Short version - I always wanted to work with you on something, and I'd still love to!

Daniel gave a very Danielfromsl response when I asked him when he will collab with you,

Are you able to elaborate on what the project would have been?

He is very secretive.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Settle down OK

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
~40 dollar mouse~

Beecheese
Aug 4, 2014

Hi colorfinger, I used to listen to your streams, and even downloaded a couple to listen on the train to college. Man, that was years ago. Glad to hear you're doing ok.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

sorry I forgot about this thread and then I came back and people had posted some stuff, so here are some answers to questions

World Famous W posted:

What kind of deal do you offer on tires. I've got a lot of tire needs

I mean you'd need to give the rim size and whether it's nitrogen or oxygen, let's be reasonable here.

crabrock posted:

hi colorfinger i love you :)

:biglips:

Lieutenant Dan posted:

God bless you Colorfinger, were you responsible for Wibble Wobble? It pops into my head every so often and a while ago a goon passed an audio file along to me so I could enjoy Wibble Wobble in all its glory again

that is not me, I'm sorry.

honestly the only two things that spring to mind when you that are weebl and bob and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd6UI6wEIsU

which is also definitely not me

Kharnifex posted:

Daniel gave a very Danielfromsl response when I asked him when he will collab with you,

Are you able to elaborate on what the project would have been?

He is very secretive.

I don't want to post all over this thread about DNSL stuff, cause this is about old SA stuff rather than any of the things I've done since then. I'll PM you if you're really really interested, but I'm not super interested in rehashing really silly year old drama. At this point there is no ongoing project that is going to happen, and as far as I know there was never a plan for one.

Beecheese posted:

Hi colorfinger, I used to listen to your streams, and even downloaded a couple to listen on the train to college. Man, that was years ago. Glad to hear you're doing ok.

checkmate: I'm old now

also thank you all for being so nice :) it's been very pleasant coming back and remembering the good stuff from 10 - 20 years ago.

Colorfinger fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 20, 2021

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I ain't looking through 4 pages. Where you the comic dude or the Facebook concert dude?

Nermal.
Mar 16, 2003

Hello!

Parahexavoctal posted:

Were you connected to whoever it was who made "Flip Top Box" ?

That was me.

Also, it feels like old times in here of late. Hi everyone.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nermal. posted:

That was me.

I still hum that poo poo to myself sometimes. "I like marlboro, flip top box!" just slaps so fuckin hard

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I ain't looking through 4 pages. Where you the comic dude or the Facebook concert dude?

sorry your post was too long to read not sure what the question was

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colorfinger posted:

sorry your post was too long to read not sure what the question was

are you the musician I remember?

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Nermal. posted:

That was me.

Hello, Nermal! I feel like I owe you royalties for that song as well, seeing as it keeps manifesting in my head every now and then, even after so many years. Does the shorter version (the one used in the flash video) exist in mp3-form somewhere, or has that been lost to time? Because I only have the one with the repeated soundbite 'What does this product contain?' in my music folder, and I think I like the other one a little bit better.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nermal. posted:

That was me.

Flip Top Box kicked rear end

Nermal.
Mar 16, 2003

Hello!

Gniwu posted:

Hello, Nermal! I feel like I owe you royalties for that song as well, seeing as it keeps manifesting in my head every now and then, even after so many years. Does the shorter version (the one used in the flash video) exist in mp3-form somewhere, or has that been lost to time? Because I only have the one with the repeated soundbite 'What does this product contain?' in my music folder, and I think I like the other one a little bit better.

I poo poo you not, I have every version of that song on my ancient MacBook, even the sequencer file on a floppy for my ancient Korg Triton ProX. They still very much exist.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

Nermal. posted:

I poo poo you not, I have every version of that song on my ancient MacBook, even the sequencer file on a floppy for my ancient Korg Triton ProX. They still very much exist.

This was a great remix :) hi Nermal.

Also hello fellow Korg t* pro x owner (I have a Trinity!)

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

did lowtax give it to you?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah I bet Nermal has your VST

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I bet Rich sent that plugin to someone else

that post really reads like perpetually aggrieved addict behavior. I see the same kind of thing from a handful of high school acquaintances I'm friends with on Facebook who are in and out of rehab. Just these constant scenarios of being wronged that are unlikely to occur *that* often. Somewhere between genuinely believing it and making poo poo up to garner sympathy.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

crabrock posted:

did lowtax give it to you?

yes, I can finally admit it, lowtax bought me a Trinity Pro X in 1998, about 4 years before I met him, with money from my savings account.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Colorfinger posted:

Link - One day Lowtax hassled me to make him a "spaghetti western sounding" theme for Reginald P. Linux. I made this for him, and then he demanded I speed it up. I did. He never used it.

Link - "my favorite song is the song of meat, sing that"

I am begging you to bully an indie dev into making West of West of Loathing, but not the original guy because he's also an abusive piece of poo poo, and score the entire thing because this is fantastic

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I like the Kool flip top box.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I loved the Kansas City World Skippers and I showed it to many many people who all reacted with "why are you laughing so hard at this?"

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
who did that one with the big bird voice samples, i like that one. flip top box is a classic too, wouldn't mind full quality versions of that if you don't mind posting em!

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

pile of brown posted:

I loved the Kansas City World Skippers and I showed it to many many people who all reacted with "why are you laughing so hard at this?"

There was one scene the characters were standing all together and when they started walking, rather than having properly animated walk cycles, their legs sort of slowly flapped and rotated as the entire drawing slid off screen. I can recall laughing extra hard about this but because of the nature of embedded swf animation you couldn’t set the point in the timeline like YouTube, you had to watch the entire thing from the beginning.

Mr. Stark
Sep 13, 2005

Humble Elitist

Nermal. posted:

Hey Nermal! Can you please post the short cut that was used in the flash? I've still got the extended release in my MP3 rotation, but I always preferred the shorter cut.

I also just came back for the first time in like a decade, and this thread is awesome.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Big big fan, thanks for consistently delivering really good poo poo man.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Ralph Hurley posted:

There was one scene the characters were standing all together and when they started walking, rather than having properly animated walk cycles, their legs sort of slowly flapped and rotated as the entire drawing slid off screen. I can recall laughing extra hard about this but because of the nature of embedded swf animation you couldn’t set the point in the timeline like YouTube, you had to watch the entire thing from the beginning.

Well the queen turned out to be a robot so you can forget about that crazy bitch

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Colorfinger posted:

Yeaaah, it definitely wasn't a great response. For Doom/Mood House I got paid a grand total of what I would (now) charge for about 2 minutes of finished score, so he got a killer deal. It's a lesson I'm still slowly learning - never work for free, even if it's the thing you're passionate about. People only ever want endless revisions and more stuff for free when it costs them nothing.

I want to make a YouTube channel where I paint dolls, how would I go about using meat song for the intro? I just have to buy you archives right? That's what you've always wanted.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Thanks for re-posting all your stuff colorfinger! I hope you stick around!

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

gonna check these out later when I'm not at work but just wanted to say I lolled thinking about a blacked out lowtax calling you and yelling about tires.

DJ Sizzle
Jul 24, 2002

ASK ME ABOUT BEING OLD
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo colorfinger is alive. It El jackalope and pipebomb come around with Elf Pron, it will be like 2001 again.

Good to see some of you oldies. Sorry it's for this reason. Goddamn what a year.

poo poo, just saw nermal, bum the sad and rivetz in the thread. Cray cray. Hello old internet friends.

DJ Sizzle fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 28, 2021

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!
About Elf Pron…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Discernibly Turgid posted:

About Elf Pron…

:suspense: