Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Colorfinger posted:

Nope! I got paid for Doom House and Mood House. I asked for archives access too as payment for doing work for the site and Lowtax told me "take it out of the money you got for Doom House".

GEEZ! There really was no end to his lovely attitudes on everything, was there? And to think, I was always irked at him for semi-scamming those of us who paid extra at GoonCon in Vegas to attend his private suite party (he promised that in addition to the party, every attendee would get SA-branded swag as part of the package, which would later be sold individually on the site. And it wasn't until we all got there that we discovered that none of that stuff existed or ever would because Lowtax actually couldn't afford to have any of it made and that GC/the party "were meant to celebrate the site, not go into bankruptcy." But he was happy to take our money while leaving the blurbs up on the subforum, of course.

Sucks that so many of you talented types got taken in by such a jerk and wound up leaving the place entirely after a while because of him. I kind of hope that in the Jeffrey-o-Y era there can at least be almost-complete archives of all that great content made available and easy to access again, but who knows how much of it is lost in the digital ether.

In any event...it's good to see you here again. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I don't know if anybody has the Doom House anime, or if it exists, but I think it was on the Doom House DVD but I may have dreamed the Doom House DVD and it may also not exist. Either way, can you give whoever has it permission to post it so I can watch it if it's real?

If you're talking about the Shmorky/Flash Tub version of DH with Cartoon Frags in the "COP" t-shirt, then yes it's real because Lowtax showed it and other stuff for the DVD at GC in Vegas, along with the Mega64 DVD since this was the Awful Video startup era (another thing Rich allowed to collapse from his lack of desire to actually put in the effort). I don't think it ever appeared anywhere else though; I've certainly only ever seen it that one time only. It's possible Shmorky never had access to his own FT files, and Lowtax probably never bothered to archive/organize it properly.

(I imagine Jeffrey getting ahold of the SA assets in a manner akin to buying some disorganized sea can where opening up the doors reveals how big a mess is inside the thing.)

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Or, for that matter, where's Dr. David Thorpe/Danny Manic/David Boring these days? Aside from not going by any of those handles anymore.