Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
oh man, loved your work and I remember really wanting to collaborate with ya back in the day. your tracks and audio just always felt so conspicuously good for internet projects, set such strong foundations for the visuals to draw upon

Colorfinger posted:

also not to unduly poo poo on the recently deceased, but I want to also mention this here to get it off my chest and make it "public" to anybody who might even vaguely care... anyway here's the thing:

despite me doing all the work that I did for free for SA, Lowtax continued to hassle me for additional free work in recent years, including after I unfriended him by going through other people. when I shut him down, he decided to badmouth me publicly and then lie about paying me with a VST (spoiler: he never bought me anything) and claiming that this meant I somehow owed him to work on future projects (???). this one's odd, because a) if he had paid me with a VST, that would've been payment for work already completed, and b) he didn't buy me a VST. I kind of don't want the last public interaction between me and him to make it look like I was trying to screw him over, so here's what really happened:

Asking me to do music for Doom House 3
Me politely declining to write new stuff, and giving other pre-written tracks
Him messaging me through somebody else after I unfriended him
His reaction when I literally just said "No thank you."
His Facebook post accusing me of being terrible because I didn't want to work with him

anyway, here's wonderwall
holy poo poo, you didn't get any pay for the vast majority of this stuff?? how the hell did lowtax justify that on any level haha, especially during the good times with site cash flow? that's criminal and you deserved better

https://www.colorfinger.net/sa/nostalgia/spaghetti.mp3
this rocks, feels like real evocative overworld map music in a techno-western apocalyptic setting, once ya unlock the cyber horse / improved travel or whatever, love it

https://www.colorfinger.net/sa/nostalgia/songofmeat.mp3
did this ever get an animation? i'm generally busy as poo poo any more so no idea when i'd put it together, but it feels like something that'd be pleasant to animate for fun and come up with meat concepts if you'd be okay with that. any excuse to play with meat imo

do you still do contract audio work For Actual Money? or random creative ditty type things? again busy as hell but it'd be fun to do some small simple creative things, and might have some projects down the road that could pay you for track creation if you'd be interested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

Colorfinger posted:

Nope! I got paid for Doom House and Mood House. I asked for archives access too as payment for doing work for the site and Lowtax told me "take it out of the money you got for Doom House".
oh my god, that's... that's next level cheapskate, literally costin' him nothing but a button press for such an easy bit of repayment and he went with the most unpleasant nickel and dimin' response, honestly kind of impressive heh.

Colorfinger posted:

I do! I am (I think) a lot better at production now than I used to be. This year I've been working on a (goon) game called Outworlder, a TV pilot called Mac & Watson, and a new Mega64 project. I can't show you the latter two because they're not released yet, but Outworlder is on Steam and YouTube if youre interested in hearing it. I also made this remix of Kitboga for fun:

https://youtu.be/-My3OknPZTQ
glad to see ya doin' a nice variety of cool projects! gonna have to keep a look out for all three of those, Outworlder looks and sounds nice and chill. that remix video rocks and has some real solid editing work n visual gags.

Colorfinger posted:

Thanks! I'm a huge fan of your work and always wanted to work on something with you too.

If you want to / have time do it as a fun side thing, please do!!! If love to see what you come up with.

If you wanted to work on YouTubey stuff together, I'd absolutely love that.

Last year I very briefly tried to do something for Daniel From Second Life, but he asked me to shut it all down when he got paranoid about it, so if you see comments from his fans on my YouTube channel, that's why.

Short version - I always wanted to work with you on something, and I'd still love to!
awesome! I've definitely been wayyy less productive on personal creative projects for a while due to work stuff, but when there's some free time we should chill and have fun with dumb conceptin'. short and sweet and finishable feels like the right mindset, always wanna avoid da accidental slogs

jiggerypokery posted:

Is there any chance you have an archive you can do a similar thread with? It may be a big ask but i feel like I have to least ask. It would be INCREDIBLE :shobon:
oh jeez, I think I do have everything significant I've done still backed up? but it's all fantastically disorganized and incredibly divorced from context when not embedded as random responses to whatever post tickled me back in the day.

the working folders are nightmarish trashheaps of assets (lots of 'em ultimately unused, i'd usually go overboard with piecemealing assets out for creative play), poorly named and versioned FLA / PSD / AEP projects n exports, and just random bits of inexplicable garbage from whatever other things I was playing with or distracted by at the time too.

probably the best course of action would be slowly going through my files by date and trying to remember.... why the hell I did any of the stuff I did?? and maybe hunt down specific threads n posts for context, but it'd definitely be a slow process of me being tremendously confused and grasping at things I generally immediately forgot about the moment after I posted.

but just looking at some of these folders makes me want to go back and make escalating works with the assets, new old excuses to play in AE heh. so I'll probably try to have some archivalish fun in the future, maybe if I get a bit of a break from current work-y things

raditts posted:

i miss seeing your stuff too, it's a shame a lot of your output came out during the more toxic era of SA and a lot of talented people got chased off.
yeah... I really tried to just stick to doing weird photoshops, edits, strange things and not get too mired in other spaces, which could often feel extremely meanspirited. it's real easy to get badly affected by that sorta nastiness, and then have it taint your creative work or just send you into depression imo. generally the photoshop threads (or whatever other ones I crashed with dumb gifs heh) would generate a lot of positive creative energy, which was such a wonderful thing to see develop and evolve in a thread.

honestly the best was effectively collaborative back-n-forths springing up, folks playing off each other and chaining response concepts, exposing new avenues for everyone to explore. that's the sorta thing I don't think can ever be perfectly recaptured without literally just reading the thread normally, and it's another thing entirely to be part of it.

I do miss that... it might be worth cautiously trying to revisit, sometime.