Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Aster0ids posted:

I had 3 accounts at launch playing this, had a ton of fun. Then burned out and now i cant remember my accounts (logins are on a file on my old dead computer). Patcher got stuck for the last year, assumed it was a problem on my side i couldnt resolve. But tried today and just works. So im starting over, never played beyond like a month maybe at launch so i forgot everything.

Im gonna go with a mace template starting since i remember being able to fund stuff rapidly with it during my first run.

If you want to get your account(s) back hit up Expo on the discord. If they still exist he'll get you set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
That guy at 9:43 is using some kind of item loot mod? Or is that within the client? Would help a ton if i could just go click click on items and they end up in my bag instead of dragging from bag to bag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_eP6BoZH_U

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Aster0ids posted:

That guy at 9:43 is using some kind of item loot mod? Or is that within the client? Would help a ton if i could just go click click on items and they end up in my bag instead of dragging from bag to bag

Yea that’s the grid loot in the client, you can turn it on in the in game settings.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Aster0ids posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_eP6BoZH_U

Yeah, make sure you go through all the options in the classic client, there are a lot of very useful options like grid loot and double click to loot

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Aster0ids posted:

I had 3 accounts at launch playing this, had a ton of fun. Then burned out and now i cant remember my accounts (logins are on a file on my old dead computer). Patcher got stuck for the last year, assumed it was a problem on my side i couldnt resolve. But tried today and just works. So im starting over, never played beyond like a month maybe at launch so i forgot everything.

Im gonna go with a mace template starting since i remember being able to fund stuff rapidly with it during my first run.

If you contact staff you'll get your old accounts back if you want to.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

Dante posted:

If you contact staff you'll get your old accounts back if you want to.

Thing is the accounts arent linked to emails, so its really hard to get em back if you dont remember the usernames.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
So i tried my last name with account recovery and nope so imma start over. This game is tough to settle in a bit, everything seems so arcane XD but complex rewarding game so it doesnt make it a deal breaker.

I should get on discord but couple of questions here if i may and it might help other newbs as well:

- I went with a dexxer duo to start out. I just need the lumberjacking to finish the templates im using, im asking myself what would go well with a gatherer type char? Like other starting skills. Im guessing healing would work well. but maybe some useful crafting? That would help me get settled in a bit. Edit: what stats?

- Im struggling to find a hotkey that lets me open my inventory.

- Is there a specific town i should port to when i get out (if theres a choice)? Do i need to leg it fast to a nearby town with all the crap i hoarded from newb island? Or will i spawn in a safe area?

- Are inns worth it at all or should i just pile gold till i can buy housing?

- Is there a way to say, arrive at bank, open my inventory, and dump everything in the bank or i have to drag every item one by one to the bank? Its ok if not but ill take it for sure if theres a way.

- I remember crushing mobs with peacemaking, but couldnt find a build to start with, went with what was called a macer here, should one of my char at least take that or a duo of 2 will do it to start out? I probably will solo play one of them most of the time once i can get one toon really deep in and i start on the aspects and other stuff i barely know about that you have to level up. This build here: https://forums.uooutlands.com/index.php?threads/one-day-macer-guide.2714/

Ill stop here lol feel free to drop some newb hints if u wanna, ill read it.

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Dec 2, 2021

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Aster0ids posted:

Thing is the accounts arent linked to emails, so its really hard to get em back if you dont remember the usernames.

Nah, I've gotten accounts back on Outlands I've forgotten. Talk to expo, as long as you remember character names, maybe some inventory stuff and skills, you'll be all good.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
Well I found the Surface I had installed this on and am now working on recovering my account. See you fools on Discord.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
So I think I'm going to give this a shot after watching a few streamers who play on this shard. UO was my first MMO and the very, VERY early unlimited PKing was so much fun, I was devastated when Renaissance released after playing through most of release and the entire UO:R beta.

Skipping HS classes to play on the test server for the faction wars was and still remains a highlight of my MMO past. Everyone was a member of a particular faction (I think there were four?), weapons were free from your side's unlimited vendor, skills were maxed, and you could choose which skillset you wanted to use with just by visiting a shrine/orb/whatever? Just run in and slaughter each other to control your factions castles! That was awesome.

I'll hit up the discord tomorrow, as an adult I can only play on the weekends now.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
urge to murder somebody's defenseless pack horse as they cut down trees is rising

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
ive been waiting my whole adult life for this

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
So if i have only one question id like answered, its if there is a way to transfer bag to bag without click drag. Grid thing was great, but it helps in looting my bod, looting enemy corpses. But say i want to come from a loot run and drop everything in a specific bag in my bank, is there a way to do this by the grid? Or no way around click dragging?

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 5, 2021

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Aster0ids posted:

So if i have only one question id like answered, its if there is a way to transfer bag to bag without click drag. Grid thing was great, but it helps in looting my bod, looting enemy corpses. But say i want to come from a loot run and drop everything in a specific bag in my bank, is there a way to do this by the grid? Or no way around click dragging?

Use Razor.

In the Agents tab. I use Restock 1 and Organize 1. Organize 1 to throw all my regs, logs, ingots, anything I add to the list into a "hot bag" in my bank when I get back from a field trip. Then I just hit Restock 1 to rearm on my basic loadout with regs, bandages or whatever. You can set Agents to Hotkeys in that tab too, so it's a quick 10 seconds to unload and rearm.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Just wanted to say, I have been playing for about a week now and the goons in discord are great.

This might as well be called a fan made Ultima Online 2, there are so many new systems. (Some of these may be from later UO expansions, I never played retail UO past T2A). Seems like what I remember as an end game template, is basically just getting started in this.

Edit for fun UO story time:

Yesterday, I was at this tower that has imps and a mage in it where people go to level resists. Some blue guy came into the tower and apparently wanted to raise his resists and I was taking the spawns. So he waited until I was low on life and attacked me, flagging grey. I ran off on my horse and healed up and came back and he was still grey, so I immediately attacked him. After about a 5 minute fight of neither of us able to kill each other, he made it back to his house.

I went back to the tower and continued trying to raise resist and he ran in the room pre-casting explosion and killed me very opportunistically and took a murder count. I lost about 1000 gold worth of stuff.

Since I was really just killing time until I had to go somewhere in about 20 minutes, I went back to town, grabbed 10 bandages and a war mace. I ran back to the tower and ran inside and just stood next to him, this made him start chain casting gheal on himself so that he would never drop too low for me to one-shot him and then he would run out of the tower and recall. Of course I was telling him in chat to be careful, that their are opportunistic murderers about the whole time. After about the third time of all this, I told him I would leave for 10,000 gold, he gladly paid me.

I went back to check about 10 minutes later cause I was going to extort more gold from him and he had already been run out of the spawn but other people. :lol:

nerox fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 6, 2021

deano
Sep 6, 2000

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Yeah, make sure you go through all the options in the classic client, there are a lot of very useful options like grid loot and double click to loot

YOU SAY WHAT NOW

Fk it downloading, qwhats the Eurotime zone pop like? dont mind staying up late for funz but be nice if theres a decent amount on during eu prime hours, I do keep some more us hours over tyhe weekend, Miss UO only mmo worth playing and if this is a true fan made sequal WHOOP

deano fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 4, 2022

deano
Sep 6, 2000

nerox posted:

Just wanted to say, I have been playing for about a week now and the goons in discord are great.

This might as well be called a fan made Ultima Online 2, there are so many new systems. (Some of these may be from later UO expansions, I never played retail UO past T2A). Seems like what I remember as an end game template, is basically just getting started in this.

Edit for fun UO story time:

Yesterday, I was at this tower that has imps and a mage in it where people go to level resists. Some blue guy came into the tower and apparently wanted to raise his resists and I was taking the spawns. So he waited until I was low on life and attacked me, flagging grey. I ran off on my horse and healed up and came back and he was still grey, so I immediately attacked him. After about a 5 minute fight of neither of us able to kill each other, he made it back to his house.

I went back to the tower and continued trying to raise resist and he ran in the room pre-casting explosion and killed me very opportunistically and took a murder count. I lost about 1000 gold worth of stuff.

Since I was really just killing time until I had to go somewhere in about 20 minutes, I went back to town, grabbed 10 bandages and a war mace. I ran back to the tower and ran inside and just stood next to him, this made him start chain casting gheal on himself so that he would never drop too low for me to one-shot him and then he would run out of the tower and recall. Of course I was telling him in chat to be careful, that their are opportunistic murderers about the whole time. After about the third time of all this, I told him I would leave for 10,000 gold, he gladly paid me.

I went back to check about 10 minutes later cause I was going to extort more gold from him and he had already been run out of the spawn but other people. :lol:
Now that is ultima-online.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I don't track server numbers but the population seems strong at all hours.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I ended up playing on this dumb server (e: It's not dumb it's actually really good but I don't like the way events cater to super high end builds) anyway because my brother started.

Then we spent a week lumberjacking to try and buy a nice big house and made a little over 1mil, went house shopping and realized we'd need 3mil for anything decent

Then I got a server first harvest antiquity last night

Then I woke up and sold it for 1.3mil :hellyeah:

In my experience the server is pretty slow and low-pop during normal US working hours on weekdays ~(7am-4pm PST), and virtually a ghost town during US late night hours on weekdays (~11pm-5AM PST) which is great for gathering or whatever. Roughly 4-10PM PST is pretty busy on every day, Fridays especially, and weekends are high pop all day long.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 7, 2022

nodebit
Apr 23, 2016

Creepin' like a Creeper, Creepin' like a Creeper
Just started this weekend. Thanks to the goons in discord for the help!

So far the experience has been pretty positive. The server is very well balanced and maintained and there are a LOT of QOL changes to make the overall experience better. I grayed myself looting a random monster body and got insta-blapped by a bunch of nerds, which was hilarious. Lots of support for Razor and scripts, so plenty of ways to make the game more interesting.

I'll probably stick around.

nerox
May 20, 2001

nodebit posted:

Just started this weekend. Thanks to the goons in discord for the help!

So far the experience has been pretty positive. The server is very well balanced and maintained and there are a LOT of QOL changes to make the overall experience better. I grayed myself looting a random monster body and got insta-blapped by a bunch of nerds, which was hilarious. Lots of support for Razor and scripts, so plenty of ways to make the game more interesting.

I'll probably stick around.

Type [commands, select mechanics on the bottom, hit page 2 and turn on preventcriminallooting and preventcriminalhealing.

No telling how many times I have been prevented from healing the monster I am fighting on my tamer.

nodebit
Apr 23, 2016

Creepin' like a Creeper, Creepin' like a Creeper

nerox posted:

Type [commands, select mechanics on the bottom, hit page 2 and turn on preventcriminallooting and preventcriminalhealing.

No telling how many times I have been prevented from healing the monster I am fighting on my tamer.

hell yeah this is awesome. thanks!

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Posting here so I can see my profile, authentication, etc. etc.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Haggis Mcnewb rides again, need to futz about with the client and razor tuned in but looks good, is uo gonna go smash sumit with a newb mace and prolly die a bit.'

ahahaha yeah this is just like getting the 2nd age box, no idea wtf im doing tbh but yay UO

deano fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 17, 2022

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
Just started up my mace bard and forgot what name I used at account creation lol

Thank god there is a json file located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultima Online Outlands\ClassicUO\Data\Profiles\lascharacter" that keeps track of your account names and characters.

Don't be dumb like me folks.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Recent patch reduced the cost of high end equipment (Skill Chain Links) by a huge margin. Right now the market is still adjusting but should make hitting higher damage and survivability thresholds much easier.

I am not currently at that level but it's nice to see it becoming more accessible. Getting the right roll on them at minimum cost 900k as of yesterday.

Beast British
Mar 12, 2006

Help yourself to some fethers but leave my fork alone.
Just posting to say a lot of goons are still playing this server after three years. Jump in if you're looking for some UO gameplay.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Thieving revamp is up on test server and sounds pretty neat. They added a codex for stealing that tries to make it into a viable PvM skill and new PvM stealing rewards.

https://forums.uooutlands.com/index.php?threads/thieves-overhaul-test-shard-patch.4044/

edit: also for PvP thieves -

quote:

Players will no longer flag as Grey to another player for 2 minutes for popping a Trapped Pouch in their backpack
Players will no longer be able to drag/drop/stack items into Locked Containers in their backpack
Players can now use Lockpicking against Locked Containers in other player's backpacks

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Glad I didn't delete/change my thief character...was just about to do it last week because I never use him. Changes look good.

Tagnik
Nov 6, 2009
I just got back after 2 years away and it's still awesome

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Spent the last 8ish years on UO Forever, thought I'd give this a try. I'm liking the fact it all feels new, that I have no idea what I'm doing, where I'm going etc :)

I'm thinking about adding Mining to my macer, but since there's still a 720 skill cap, I was wondering if the bonus from Mining would be worth cutting other skills down to 85%, such as
85% anat
85% healing
85% mace fighting
85% tracking
85% mining
85% tactics
90% magery
100% magic resist

vs

100% anat
100% healing
100% mace fighting
100% tracking
100% tactics
100% magery
100% magic resist

[edit] this is mostly for PvM.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ak Gara posted:

Spent the last 8ish years on UO Forever, thought I'd give this a try. I'm liking the fact it all feels new, that I have no idea what I'm doing, where I'm going etc :)

I'm thinking about adding Mining to my macer, but since there's still a 720 skill cap, I was wondering if the bonus from Mining would be worth cutting other skills down to 85%, such as
85% anat
85% healing
85% mace fighting
85% tracking
85% mining
85% tactics
90% magery
100% magic resist

vs

100% anat
100% healing
100% mace fighting
100% tracking
100% tactics
100% magery
100% magic resist

[edit] this is mostly for PvM.

imo there's no point in building a miner that isn't going for GM+ and adding mining to an otherwise totally PvM template is far from ideal since you can get the same damage increase from other skills that also have other benefits (e.g., camping)

if you're keen on mining i'd make an actual miner with at least 110 for avarite, GM+ camping, etc

for a non-mining improvement on your pvm macer build, i'd work towards something like:

120 chivalry
100 mace
100 tactics
80 anat/heal/parry/arms lore

then, assuming 720 skill cap, either 80 magic resist (if no/low ranked parry codex), or 60 camping + 20 alchemy (for extra damage/carry capacity + longer potion durations/better heal pots) or stick w/ 80 magery if you're set on that. if 700 skill cap, 60 resist/40 camp+20 alch/60 mage are your options basically

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

My mace dexxer is 100 mace, tactics,arms lore, chivalry, 80 parry, resist, anatomy, healing. It's a beast once you've gotten an aspect up and filled out your codices. It's a very, very weak start.

Mace bard until you've got money imo. Much stronger start.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Getting mining post 100 is painful. Especially on the weekends. Avarite sells real drat well though.

Tagnik
Nov 6, 2009
Play as an Orc and enjoy some rp

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Thieving revamp's been out for over a week and I see a lot of people stealing from monsters. 2200+ online right now and last night was a record setting lottery, some lucky fool won 32 million gold. Here's a pic of the crowd outside the casino minutes before the drawing. There were so many people that they had to spawn identical copies of the ticket lady on the outskirts of the blob cuz people couldn't get close enough to the casino to buy tickets. Based on how quickly the guard whacks were happening I'd say there's about 25% more people present than you see in this pic, they're just hidden and trying to rob everybody.

game is good

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Seeing that many people on one screen in Ultima Online in 2022 just makes me happy.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Dungeons def be crazy packed during peak times, my poor stealther will get a monster to half hp and someone else will come in, see (to them) no one else here, and finish the monster off and I'm standing there like "..."

Trying to save up for so many things at once lol
I don't see any people spamming goods for sale outside banks? I have some blood and poison aspect cores I don't need, as well as lesser paragon chests, research materials etc but I'm not sure the best way to sell them

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Ak Gara posted:

I don't see any people spamming goods for sale outside banks? I have some blood and poison aspect cores I don't need, as well as lesser paragon chests, research materials etc but I'm not sure the best way to sell them

Best bet is the discord Buy and Sell channels.

If you're looking in-game to buy stuff, most of the shops have gates at the shelter island moongate advertising what they sell.

I'd suggest because selling stuff can be a pain on here is maybe join a guild and see if anyone has a spot where you can rent out a vendor. Then just post your vendor location and what your selling in discord and let the people come to you rather than try to meet up with sellers one on one. That's if you have enough things to sell on a vendor.

Discord: http://discord.uooutlands.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

What are Aspect Phylactery used for? The website says to force your next attack to use an aspect special, but there has to be a cost, right? Is it a one time use item?