Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Cool Dad posted:

I have never played UO, at all, ever. Should I try this out?

It's very dated at this point but if you try it and don't immediately hate it, it's one of the best versions of UO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Outlands is pretty good about supporting a bunch of dumb playstyles. Basically all I ever do is run around dungeons stealing and casting wall of stone.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Aster0ids posted:

I had 3 accounts at launch playing this, had a ton of fun. Then burned out and now i cant remember my accounts (logins are on a file on my old dead computer). Patcher got stuck for the last year, assumed it was a problem on my side i couldnt resolve. But tried today and just works. So im starting over, never played beyond like a month maybe at launch so i forgot everything.

Im gonna go with a mace template starting since i remember being able to fund stuff rapidly with it during my first run.

If you want to get your account(s) back hit up Expo on the discord. If they still exist he'll get you set up.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Thieving revamp is up on test server and sounds pretty neat. They added a codex for stealing that tries to make it into a viable PvM skill and new PvM stealing rewards.

https://forums.uooutlands.com/index.php?threads/thieves-overhaul-test-shard-patch.4044/

edit: also for PvP thieves -

quote:

Players will no longer flag as Grey to another player for 2 minutes for popping a Trapped Pouch in their backpack
Players will no longer be able to drag/drop/stack items into Locked Containers in their backpack
Players can now use Lockpicking against Locked Containers in other player's backpacks

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Ristolaz posted:

If yall havent seen the patch notes, this is WILD. No pun intended

Eyes bugged out of my head when it said they were buffing pure mages

I'm too UO brained for this to make sense