Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've never been into the pvp or even really the combat in UO but I like running a vendor house, and I even like the danger of having to do it when people can just come murder me. Is that a viable thing on Outlands?

Like I just want to be a famous blacksmith and alchemist and create a shopping mall for people to congregate at or whatever. I will stuff murderous goons in my treasure chests so they can spring out at unsuspecting shoppers if the game will let me.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Hell yeah, that's exactly the kind of stuff I liked about UO so count me in.

My favorite UO memories are all about scamming, robbing, and running a store. Finding tents with unlocked chests and looting them, stealthing into houses right behind the owners, pretending I didn't know how to play poker then hustling some dude out of his rare ice blue clothes. Then selling it in my own private boutique :kiddo:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 20, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

UO is still the only game I know of that lets me skin skeletons for leather and meat and that definitely counts for something.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I ended up playing on this dumb server (e: It's not dumb it's actually really good but I don't like the way events cater to super high end builds) anyway because my brother started.

Then we spent a week lumberjacking to try and buy a nice big house and made a little over 1mil, went house shopping and realized we'd need 3mil for anything decent

Then I got a server first harvest antiquity last night

Then I woke up and sold it for 1.3mil :hellyeah:

In my experience the server is pretty slow and low-pop during normal US working hours on weekdays ~(7am-4pm PST), and virtually a ghost town during US late night hours on weekdays (~11pm-5AM PST) which is great for gathering or whatever. Roughly 4-10PM PST is pretty busy on every day, Fridays especially, and weekends are high pop all day long.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 7, 2022