Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Cool Dad posted:

I have never played UO, at all, ever. Should I try this out?

If it looks like something you'd enjoy, go for it. It's free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
I always sucked at town stealing so never tried but there are some great theif builds for dungeons and I've had a ton of fun playing with them.

Trammie Surprise on youtube has a bunch of videos of his theiving runs and gives a good example of what you can do/get.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've never been into the pvp or even really the combat in UO but I like running a vendor house, and I even like the danger of having to do it when people can just come murder me. Is that a viable thing on Outlands?

Like I just want to be a famous blacksmith and alchemist and create a shopping mall for people to congregate at or whatever. I will stuff murderous goons in my treasure chests so they can spring out at unsuspecting shoppers if the game will let me.

Absolutely, if i remember correctly someone or a few people on the shard kinda run a vendor/bar and have games and raffles and poo poo from time to time to bring more traffic to their shops

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Logged back in after taking a break for a few months and came back to one of those placement deeds for the new continent. Anyone place a house there yet or know how crowded it is or what the hotspots are?

Probably just gonna find a place with easy access to the open ocean and might aim for a location with an easy sailing route to a city on the old continent. The sailing/boat mechanics in this game are amazing.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Dante posted:

Probably all filled up by now, been awhile since the new landmass opened.

Yea, looks like I missed my chance.

Got my poo poo pushed in on the ocean while doing MiB's. I was just getting rolling too taking on small fishing ships and working my crew.
GMed my provo/disco macer today so that's a plus. If I can only focus on one character and finally get one finished...so fun hopping from build to build though.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Been dual screening lumberjacking all weekend outside Terran. I gm'd one guy and was only PK'd once when I went to a different spot too far from town. Easily the fastest money I've made so far too.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Aster0ids posted:

That guy at 9:43 is using some kind of item loot mod? Or is that within the client? Would help a ton if i could just go click click on items and they end up in my bag instead of dragging from bag to bag

Yea that’s the grid loot in the client, you can turn it on in the in game settings.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Aster0ids posted:

So if i have only one question id like answered, its if there is a way to transfer bag to bag without click drag. Grid thing was great, but it helps in looting my bod, looting enemy corpses. But say i want to come from a loot run and drop everything in a specific bag in my bank, is there a way to do this by the grid? Or no way around click dragging?

Use Razor.

In the Agents tab. I use Restock 1 and Organize 1. Organize 1 to throw all my regs, logs, ingots, anything I add to the list into a "hot bag" in my bank when I get back from a field trip. Then I just hit Restock 1 to rearm on my basic loadout with regs, bandages or whatever. You can set Agents to Hotkeys in that tab too, so it's a quick 10 seconds to unload and rearm.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Glad I didn't delete/change my thief character...was just about to do it last week because I never use him. Changes look good.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Ak Gara posted:

I don't see any people spamming goods for sale outside banks? I have some blood and poison aspect cores I don't need, as well as lesser paragon chests, research materials etc but I'm not sure the best way to sell them

Best bet is the discord Buy and Sell channels.

If you're looking in-game to buy stuff, most of the shops have gates at the shelter island moongate advertising what they sell.

I'd suggest because selling stuff can be a pain on here is maybe join a guild and see if anyone has a spot where you can rent out a vendor. Then just post your vendor location and what your selling in discord and let the people come to you rather than try to meet up with sellers one on one. That's if you have enough things to sell on a vendor.

Discord: http://discord.uooutlands.com/

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

kumba posted:

If you've ever wondered if you should play this game, watch this video

https://streamable.com/jpi663

If that doesn't convince you, nothing will

haha holy poo poo, after seeing that if anyone has any iron ingots lying around ill take them. time to buy some tinker tools.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Shadowspire Cathedral and Nusero were where I did all my hide gathering that I used to GM Tailoring.

Doubt you’ll find a spot for a house, best chance is buying or fighting for an idoc.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
On this server, with the pvm stealing, I just made a thief with forensic eval and ran around skinning corpses and stealing from monsters being killed by players. My tailor just sat in my inn room. I was getting something like 5k leather per run towards the end. Make sure you have camping for the weight increase.

500k? lol that may buy you a caravan, more like 1-1.5mil for 8x8's. At least from what I see on the realtor npc.

There have been times where when I was starting my current character some pkers would just run past me when killing the weaker mobs but it's UO so people are gonna kill ya. I can say though that most of them seem poo poo, been attacked like 4-5 times in the past two weeks or so and never died. Always made it to the gate laughing at them. The groups are trouble.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Oh lol, I just default to assuming someone is new when talking about UO.
Cavernam has been my spot on this server. I like the layout and it's easy to avoid pks.

Yea dungeon chests aren't worth it yet but I think they plan on changing them and making them worth while. I don't think tailors need forensic for anything but it's possible you need it to craft something I guess. Pretty sure it'd be drat hard to macro forensic, macro resource gathering at your own risk. A lot has probably changed since you've been gone so I'd say it might be worth joining the outlands discord, it's the easiest way to get info. The wiki is still outdated or missing info on a bunch of poo poo. I'm happy to answer questions but I'm still learning.

always fun to talk about uo and yea especially with normal people lol

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
drat, just saw in a stream that apparently there is a 15 minute to 2 hour window until placing at an IDOC is allowed.

Nice mechanic, in my opinion. Prevents the guy with the fastest ping/script whatever from getting it, I guess.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

hobocrunch posted:

Did this game lose like 50% of its population or are they just hanging out elsewhere? What the hell happened, Prevalia seems pretty dead in comparison to last year.

Usually still see around 2500 people/accounts online when they periodically post it.

No one really hangs out at banks anymore unless you’re just advertising, dungeons and wilderness still full of people.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Kortel posted:

Monster stealing is pretty good now too. Even counts towards aspect exp.

Been having fun with my backstabbing mugger just only when I have the patience to stealth around but now that I'm getting more points in my codex and stuff it's getting more fun and less of a grind.

Also another note about the population and state of the shard, I'm mostly a solo player myself so I haven't seen any effects from the recent changes to grouping up and gaining xp which was pretty much worthless before the fix but I've noticed the dungeons are now much safer and more populated with little groups that I usually see chasing pks out of the area which I appreciate being a straight pvmer for the time being.

Wonder what they plan on revealing during the Dev Debrief at the end of the month, usually a ton of good stuff. Someone said once that a polymorph aspect mastery should be a thing and I want that so bad now.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

loving Moron posted:

I was playing this up until about 8 months ago and I let my house fall!

As it stands I have a GM tinker who is hella red and makes traps for my other stealth characters to place. That tinker is now logged off and in hiding where my house use to be, which is north of the main city just across the bridge.

If I log on how screwed am I in trying to move my trap maker somewhere safe?

Where you trying to move him to? You could buy an inn room and just go to Corpse Creek and get to the inn room there. I think that would work.
Just get another character to marked runes and gate him there for safest option, I suppose.

Welcome back, place is packed these days.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

logged on walked around and logged off because i dont remember how to play lol

Don’t remember how to play original UO or Outlands specifically? cuz Outlands is like learning a whole new UO and you can forget most of the poo poo from any other poo poo server you played in the past and what you remember from old UO.

Join a guild and it’ll make the learning curve and getting setup with stuff way easier than learning it on your own like me, I wasted so much time in this game playing solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Join the outlands channel and just say you're new and picking a tamer template, etc. in the #tamplates channel. People will be sure to help you and give you a roadmap on how best to build one.