Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

sonikburn posted:

I don't think your LJ/Mining argument is a good one at all. That still requires building skill in game, providing a valuable commodity to crafters to keep the ecosystem alive, finding areas with certain resources, avoiding mobs and PKs, and playing the game in general.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I just think it's a bad system that I can create an account, go donate $100 on the Outlands website, and essentially trade for 2 million in-game gold that CAN buy valuable resources and items within a very short amount of time and I don't even have to be logged in or doing anything. I get what you're saying about XP, but that's just one part of the overall game.

Exchanging gold would follow your LJ/Mining argument - trading commodities for gold.

This is absolutely the most boring and trite MMO discussion in 2023 and it has little meaningful impact on gameplay.

Games good, UO likers should play it 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU