Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I think I might have the bug.

I want to do a smith/fighter combo, because that's how I used to roll. I could take the lumber/miner template and replace lumberjack with blacksmithing and sword with mace and it should work out, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Sounds about as hard as it was to get gm blacksmith in t2a. That's not the part that bothers me. I just want to know what pvm content I'm limited to, or if it'll ever be enough to fight off pks.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Dante posted:

Due to how the aspects work you'll want to have separate crafting/pvm/pvp characters on Outlands. Your miner will run tracking and recall before any PK gets to you basically.

Alright. I gave my hybrid build a spin on shelter island but I can kinda tell that it's not performing as well as I think it should.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
There was a big shake-up a few weeks ago with pvm, you'll find the game's just overall harder. Nobody can solo level 3 of any dungeon.

And if you're worried about making money, get a red hand thief going. Or start gathering as many iron ingots as you can, there's a speculation bubble happening based on the upcoming removal of scripted movement.

Freakazoid_ fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jul 30, 2022

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

kumba posted:

Outlands has the Inn system, which is exactly that pocket dimension you speak of!

Yeah but it isn't that great. You can't put vendors in it or recall/gate into your room. But at least you can place a forge and anvil and smith in peace.