Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Just wanted to say, I have been playing for about a week now and the goons in discord are great.

This might as well be called a fan made Ultima Online 2, there are so many new systems. (Some of these may be from later UO expansions, I never played retail UO past T2A). Seems like what I remember as an end game template, is basically just getting started in this.

Edit for fun UO story time:

Yesterday, I was at this tower that has imps and a mage in it where people go to level resists. Some blue guy came into the tower and apparently wanted to raise his resists and I was taking the spawns. So he waited until I was low on life and attacked me, flagging grey. I ran off on my horse and healed up and came back and he was still grey, so I immediately attacked him. After about a 5 minute fight of neither of us able to kill each other, he made it back to his house.

I went back to the tower and continued trying to raise resist and he ran in the room pre-casting explosion and killed me very opportunistically and took a murder count. I lost about 1000 gold worth of stuff.

Since I was really just killing time until I had to go somewhere in about 20 minutes, I went back to town, grabbed 10 bandages and a war mace. I ran back to the tower and ran inside and just stood next to him, this made him start chain casting gheal on himself so that he would never drop too low for me to one-shot him and then he would run out of the tower and recall. Of course I was telling him in chat to be careful, that their are opportunistic murderers about the whole time. After about the third time of all this, I told him I would leave for 10,000 gold, he gladly paid me.

I went back to check about 10 minutes later cause I was going to extort more gold from him and he had already been run out of the spawn but other people. :lol:

nerox fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

nodebit posted:

Just started this weekend. Thanks to the goons in discord for the help!

So far the experience has been pretty positive. The server is very well balanced and maintained and there are a LOT of QOL changes to make the overall experience better. I grayed myself looting a random monster body and got insta-blapped by a bunch of nerds, which was hilarious. Lots of support for Razor and scripts, so plenty of ways to make the game more interesting.

I'll probably stick around.

Type [commands, select mechanics on the bottom, hit page 2 and turn on preventcriminallooting and preventcriminalhealing.

No telling how many times I have been prevented from healing the monster I am fighting on my tamer.

nerox
May 20, 2001

deano posted:

ummm bit of weridness with trying to multi account, no matter what i put in for my 2nd i get a password incorrect when trying to make a 2nd account, i did play before but this is a fresh install and diffrent ip first account worked fine, no vpn just wondering wtf how do you get multi accountsa up.

Having another go, got a mace/peace newb started if theres as a guild still going or a discord, im all ears.

If you are making a second account and getting password incorrect, then someone must have already made an account with that name.

nerox
May 20, 2001

jiffynuts posted:

This is some pretty interesting patch notes from the test server.

https://forums.uooutlands.com/index.php?threads/dungeon-overhaul-testing-patch.4162/

New aggro updates, monster difficulty, murder counts. I’m liking the proposed taming updates too. Increased passive gains to 5, and increased chance of skill gain. Personally, I’d love to see passive taming gains a permanent thing. Just let me use my pets and get skill while doing so.

Looks like the most efficient way of raising taming will be to tame from X0.0 to X1.7, which should give 3.4 passive taming points. Then take your pet to SSC and just have it tag mobs people are killing to the next breakpoint. With 100% increased rate of gain and the amount you fail early in that tier of minimum skill, its going to be really fast.

What made taming so slow is that actually succeeding the tame slowed you down so much since you have to release the animal, kill it, and wait for a new spawn.