Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Phoix posted:

It's very dated at this point but if you try it and don't immediately hate it, it's one of the best versions of UO.

Honestly this is pretty much the best version of UO ever made, on average better than pre-UO:R official even. I'd recommend trying Outlands even if you've never played UO or private shards before. If they do something with the pvp events or change up some pvp stuff I'll definitely be back to play more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

NJersey posted:

Logged back in after taking a break for a few months and came back to one of those placement deeds for the new continent. Anyone place a house there yet or know how crowded it is or what the hotspots are?

Probably just gonna find a place with easy access to the open ocean and might aim for a location with an easy sailing route to a city on the old continent. The sailing/boat mechanics in this game are amazing.
Probably all filled up by now, been awhile since the new landmass opened.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

hobocrunch posted:

I've noticed house boats are a thing and there's a lot of space off the water's edge. Not sure specifics though.
Houseboats can only be placed where there's wooden docks, there's a fairly limited amount of space for them.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Aster0ids posted:

I had 3 accounts at launch playing this, had a ton of fun. Then burned out and now i cant remember my accounts (logins are on a file on my old dead computer). Patcher got stuck for the last year, assumed it was a problem on my side i couldnt resolve. But tried today and just works. So im starting over, never played beyond like a month maybe at launch so i forgot everything.

Im gonna go with a mace template starting since i remember being able to fund stuff rapidly with it during my first run.

If you contact staff you'll get your old accounts back if you want to.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Aster0ids posted:

Thing is the accounts arent linked to emails, so its really hard to get em back if you dont remember the usernames.

Nah, I've gotten accounts back on Outlands I've forgotten. Talk to expo, as long as you remember character names, maybe some inventory stuff and skills, you'll be all good.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Started to play this a little bit again, can confirm that it's still worth playing and hopefully the PvP patch will make it a little more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Freakazoid_ posted:

Sounds about as hard as it was to get gm blacksmith in t2a. That's not the part that bothers me. I just want to know what pvm content I'm limited to, or if it'll ever be enough to fight off pks.

Due to how the aspects work you'll want to have separate crafting/pvm/pvp characters on Outlands. Your miner will run tracking and recall before any PK gets to you basically.