Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
So I think I'm going to give this a shot after watching a few streamers who play on this shard. UO was my first MMO and the very, VERY early unlimited PKing was so much fun, I was devastated when Renaissance released after playing through most of release and the entire UO:R beta.

Skipping HS classes to play on the test server for the faction wars was and still remains a highlight of my MMO past. Everyone was a member of a particular faction (I think there were four?), weapons were free from your side's unlimited vendor, skills were maxed, and you could choose which skillset you wanted to use with just by visiting a shrine/orb/whatever? Just run in and slaughter each other to control your factions castles! That was awesome.

I'll hit up the discord tomorrow, as an adult I can only play on the weekends now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

War Eagle posted:

Really glad I read this before going down a rabbit hole. I also have almost everything gone, but it makes sense on their end.

Anyone still playing and have an opinion on the Guilds on the server? No one I know is playing, but I'd like to give it another go.

I've been playing for about 5 weeks now, I'm in the goon discord and got invited to SQzD, they've been pretty good so far. It's UO so you'll find racists and assholes in every guild but there are a few SQzD officers who have zero tolerance for that stuff and will gkick repeat offenders. We do boss runs at least once a day, people are playing at all hours, you'll find upwards of 10 people in discord voice chat at 1 in the morning farming or whatever. Omni bosses once or twice on the weekends, usually one for SQzD and one for an ally guild. We are allied with DPS where people guild their reds, we call out when there are too many blues farming somewhere and the red team comes in the clean up, it's kind of cool.

I think Face just had a bunch of people quit due to leadership drama or something, other than that I don't know much about the guilds on the server. What I do know is everything is crazy stupid expensive for new players, I don't understand why QoL stuff like strongbox deeds (25% gold weight reduction) cost 2 loving million gold. Server is very intimidating for new players, but I'm really glad they implemented the chromatic aspect core changes yesterday so maybe I can afford Command cores at some point soon. With all of the upcoming changes for dexxers in the xpac it sounds like they're really trying to balance out the disparity between mages/tamers and dexxers in PvM which is great because I really want to play a dexxer, taming is so boring but really is the way to go for new players right now.

SQzD just did a Darkmire farming contest over the past week which was pretty fun, I earned about 2.2m gold from Darkmire mobs but didn't even make the top 3. The prize was an 8x8 house which would have been amazing since housing is stupid expensive. Oh well, at least I'll still have a good chance at the expansion housing lottery still.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
Wildlands release was just announced for May 18th with the housing lottery to begin on May 4th! I was hoping to have more time to spin up a trapper mapper, I've been saving every map since I started for the expansion.