Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I've been playing on this shard and factions might be the thing that gets me into UO pvp after 20 years

But in general this is the coolest shard Ive ever played on. I love the map and all the various systems. Ive got a 120 scribe if anyone needs help getting started, I'm happy to make people codexes,spellbooks,runebooks, and aspect kits for cost of materials and I'll even take wood/ore/loot as payment.

Post here or hit me up on discord RustyLaz#9535. I love helping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

lolman posted:

and how do you do missions?

Do you mean society jobs? If so, you have to go to the building in prevalia that has all the NPCs, it's east of the inn. There's 6 NPCs (two on the upper floor) and each one offers different types of jobs,.you can browse and accept them from there.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Lol my guild just died too and I was gonna ask where everyone else is

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

This shard has that at least, in the form of instanced inn rooms. Which are great.

I agree the biggest problem is up-front costs for an aspect and codexes. They should up the drop rate of MCD's at the very least. I dont count mastery chains in that because you start earning xp on them before you even have one so you dont lose anything really by waiting a while.

I would say prev coins are largely not p2w because everything to do with character power is gated by xp. You can buy all the cores and extracts to get to aspect 14, and you can buy 30 gold chain links (for about 4 grand USD by my estimate) but you still need to grind the xp. Buying coins definitely does help you get started quicker if for whatever reason you don't have a guild helping you, and might help you grind quicker by having some QOL stuff for less downtime. But the people buzzsawing demons and getting high boss numbers isnt because they bought prev.

PKs are always a problem, you could say this is UO but this is a very high pop shard so there are lots of them. You basically have to either roll in a group or have tracking or be playing a stealth template, minimum imo. As stated above, guilds solve most of the game's problems.

I dont see it mentioned much, but there's one thing that took the frustration out of getting PK'd more than anything else for me: Buying a storage shelf. Because the biggest problem was spending all that time re-equipping myself every time, dragging armour and potions etc, and the shelf lets you just open palm slam a button to be instantly equipped and restocked.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Yep I'm still playing too and still helping newbs on discord, I maxxed out all my crafting skills so hit me up if youre starting and need stuff!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Seppuku posted:

Posting so this is higher than the UO legacy thread. There are a handful of goons playing this that post in discord all day every day living their best life.

Expansion is right around the corner and tamers are dumb stupid strong again so it's the perfect time to jump in.

I'm almost getting frustrated that newbies are still being told to make a peaceadin when tamers are so strong right out of the gate

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

jinx_player posted:

Anyone on the discord able to add me as a goon and give me access? Not sure if there are any folks still playing currently, no worries if not. I first and only played UO on a custom shard about a decade ago, but I progressed pretty far with a huge house and tons of custom plans and stuff like that. I have a character out of newbie island who is a heavy crossbow backstabber just so I can hide and stealth and explore around the world without too much worry (afaik)

I dont think there is an actual goon guild but send me a message at RustyLaz on discord and I can give you info, hook you up with some gear, starter cash etc

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

4m xp no lantern!!!! Although I farmed more than enough gold to just buy one, it doesnt feel the same

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

New expansion same thread???

If yall havent seen the patch notes, this is WILD. No pun intended

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Phoix posted:

Eyes bugged out of my head when it said they were buffing pure mages

I'm too UO brained for this to make sense

Have you played outlands at all or just talking about other UO experience?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Blacula posted:

Is it normal to log into a character I haven't played since 2018 and have no items at all?

If you're idle for long enough they will delete anything you have that can be purchased from a vendor and give you the gold value for it. to optimize save times and whatnot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Housing lotto for new lands has opened up! two weeks until expansion drops and the draws start. They last minute changed the rules so only one entry per IP.