Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A&W has the best breakfast sandwiches and hash browns of any major fast food chain.

It used to be even better when you could get ham instead of a sausage patty but they discontinued it :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Ah yes. A&W where you pay almost $15 for a combo and the saltiest food ever.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Bonzo posted:

It’s a privilege, eh

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bonzo posted:

thank you

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bonzo posted:

they have a site where you can get coupons for basically any combo at any time and get like 40% off

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
As a Canuck that hasn’t been to Vancouver in like 8 years is east hastings still an open air drug market?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

they have a site where you can get coupons for basically any combo at any time and get like 40% off

link plz

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

https://awcoupon.ca/

not sure if there's any regional variation or w/e

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I'm from Thunder Bay. yes it was that bad.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

runnypoops posted:

As a Canuck that hasn’t been to Vancouver in like 8 years is east hastings still an open air drug market?

Yes

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Why don't they just make that the regular price?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Bonzo posted:

Why don't they just make that the regular price?

Because we live in hell

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Because we live in hell

yep. same reason almost every company issues coupons and near constant "sales"

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
A&W rules

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's more profitable to them for people that are wealthy enough to not give a poo poo to pay full price while the rest of us slime can enjoy weekly deals.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah buying full price combos at a&w is like paying full price at the Bay. They usually have a sale going like two teen burgers for $5 or something

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I've never been to an A&W. Harvey's is pretty meh IMHO but I've only had the veggie burger.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Tonight in honor of Canada I ate my Kraft blue box with a Z (pronounced "Zed") shaped squirt of ketchup on top. Not Bad.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Hey can I ask that we lay off Ontario for a few days? We kinda had a bad one today.

tia

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Bonzo posted:

Hey can I ask that we lay off Ontario for a few days? We kinda had a bad one today.

tia

I thought lockdowns were popular in Ontario

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
this is what it's gonna be like when Trudeau enacts a UBI test project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt_59GY6DqU

(we're all gettin' a punch in the head)

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Yeah all Canadians know this we recreate this scene yearly. Every city, township and village picks their own Tim Horton and loads them up with substituted amphetamines and liquor and we prop 'em up in a car and just let 'em soar.

In Saskatchewan we elect them premier

Scott Moe's wikipedia page posted:

During the 1990s Moe was charged on two occasions for impaired driving. In 1992, Moe received a conviction for impaired driving while under the legal drinking age. In 1994 Moe was again charged with impaired driving as well as leaving the scene of an accident. The charges were ultimately stayed.
On May 29, 1997, Moe was responsible for an automobile collision that killed 39-year-old Joanne Balog, who was traveling in another vehicle. Balog's 18-year old son, Steve Balog, was the only other passenger and survived the collision with dislocated ribs and lacerations. An RCMP investigation determined that Moe had attempted to cross the highway when it was unsafe and gave Moe a ticket for driving without due care and attention.
 While Moe stated alcohol was not a factor, he also claimed he could not recall the collision happening.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

A&W in Canada was actually enjoyable for me. I wish our A&W would serve breakfast. Poutine from Timmys tasted like poop.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Testikles posted:

Canadians love summer. We get all hosed up on the outdoors, picnics, and patios. It's our sliver of the year to enjoy the beach, to walk unencumbered by layers of wool, flannel, and goretex. But above all else, summer gives us that rarest of delights, the chance to bitch and argue about if it is indeed truly too hot outside.

When its literally 40 our with 160% humidity, i want to beat anyone who says "at least its not snowing!". gently caress you, when its snowing my ballsack isn't stuck to the inside of my leg.

I used to live in Toronto's Beaches, and summer was the busy time. Though Woodbine and Cherry are really the one ones that are really beaches. The others are more like fields of big pebbles next to the lake.

A real good thing about Toronto is you have good local chains, you have Burger Priests everywhere now, AND you can get really good Burrito's basically everywhere. I miss Fat Bastard, so good.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i actually love winter and the snow but most canadians bitch endlessly about it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

until it's summer ofc

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

When its literally 40 our with 160% humidity, i want to beat anyone who says "at least its not snowing!". gently caress you, when its snowing my ballsack isn't stuck to the inside of my leg.

I used to live in Toronto's Beaches, and summer was the busy time. Though Woodbine and Cherry are really the one ones that are really beaches. The others are more like fields of big pebbles next to the lake.

A real good thing about Toronto is you have good local chains, you have Burger Priests everywhere now, AND you can get really good Burrito's basically everywhere. I miss Fat Bastard, so good.

Go a few hours north a enjoy having bits of flesh removed from your body by black flies.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Bonzo posted:

Go a few hours north a enjoy having bits of flesh removed from your body by black flies.

YOU go unlock the cottage, it's YOUR turn this year

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Cat Status: She's fluffy and trying to eat my poutine

Rust Martialis posted:

YOU go unlock the cottage, it's YOUR turn this year

My grandmother phoned me a couple years ago and asked how often I might realistically go to the family cottage after she died. I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but also couldn't lie to her, so I told her maybe once every five years and that I didn't feel I would be the best person for it.

I suspect it will go to some other family member who will sell it in a heartbeat

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Professor Shark posted:

Cat Status: She's fluffy and trying to eat my poutine

My grandmother phoned me a couple years ago and asked how often I might realistically go to the family cottage after she died. I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but also couldn't lie to her, so I told her maybe once every five years and that I didn't feel I would be the best person for it.

I suspect it will go to some other family member who will sell it in a heartbeat

Missed opportunity for goon cottage camp

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Outrail posted:

Just imagine the smell

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Outrail posted:

:gooncamp: but it's in a cottage in Muskoka.

Though we could all gotten Kawartha ice cream together.

Speaking of flies and orgies, there used to be a week in the summer that by the lake was a dragonfly mating frenzy. They were flying around, banging everywhere. But then suddenly no more. I always figured either habitats were destroyed or climate change reduced their numbers.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Goons would starve as there are no fast food places outside of Huntsville or Peterborough

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

Bonzo posted:

We even have a folk song aboot ‘em, eh?

https://youtu.be/f389hIxZAOc

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Bonzo posted:

Goons would starve as there are no fast food places outside of Huntsville or Peterborough

Weber's on Hwy 11

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I think theres a Mc Shits in Bancroft.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

*checks forcast*

*says snow*

gently caress!!!!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
*checks map*

*says Canada*

FUCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Rust Martialis posted:

Weber's on Hwy 11

Ah yes, the burgers so good that they literally had to build a foot bridge across the highway because people were dangerously crossing it.

twistedmentat posted:

Speaking of flies and orgies, there used to be a week in the summer that by the lake was a dragonfly mating frenzy. They were flying around, banging everywhere. But then suddenly no more. I always figured either habitats were destroyed or climate change reduced their numbers.

I've noticed this too, lately. Maybe it's because I'm not up in Muskoka with any sort of regularity anymore, only a couple of trips to the cottage every summer. But the bugs aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. When I worked at the camp, there were several weeks in May and June where you'd literally be washing hundreds of blackflies out of your hair in the shower every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

numberoneposter posted:

*checks forcast*

*says snow*

gently caress YEAH!!!!!!

I am going skiing. gently caress yes