Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The Kansas Jayhawks of Lawrence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

lol at Texas, lol at Aggie

Sam Pittman seemed very happy to get the boot so good for him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Texas is back

That was better than App beating Coastal. Put it in my veins

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
took the Acela up to Philadelphia today to watch Houston clobber Temple in one of the saddest college sports environments I've ever experienced. the weather didn't help, but yeesh, playing at the Eagles stadium can't be a good long-term option for that program

also, lol Texas lol

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Deacs

*exhales as onside kick recovery is overturned because the NCSU guy touched it before it went 10 yards*

Bitch

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

when does Sark get fired

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Seriously though lmfao how loving bad is that Texas job tho

Texas was talkin' so much poo poo about how they were too good to play with scrubs in the Big 12 and then they can't even beat KU at home lmfao

on a somewhat related note also gently caress OU and their laughable overrated fraud QBs

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

when does Sark get fired

After they start a longitudinal head ache study complete with experimental treatment and throw all the money at Urban

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

kill me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bitch

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
South Carolina I see why you're on your third quarterback.

Mizzou I would prefer your third quarterback to the first one.

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

ROCK CHALK

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jimbo continues to earn 90 million United States Dollars with exceptional play calling against one of the worst run defenses by trusting a deer in headlights held together by kintape and painkillers.

But also lol texas

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Put Cincy in the playoff already.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

Michigan, Michigan state and Ohio state all won so no.

Also they're still G5 lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I am glad Michigan won, and even though people are correct about Harbaugh usually blowing this type of game they probably should have won by more, considering how the wheels have come off of Penn State.

Whatever, bring on Ohio State. My body is ready (for disappointment).

curried lamb of God posted:

took the Acela up to Philadelphia today to watch Houston clobber Temple in one of the saddest college sports environments I've ever experienced. the weather didn't help, but yeesh, playing at the Eagles stadium can't be a good long-term option for that program

also, lol Texas lol

My former employer had a suite at LFF and would frequently give away Temple tickets, I went to a few games in '15 when they were getting some national buzz. That said it felt like way too large a stadium even when they were good, I can't imagine what it's like now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Probably Magic posted:

If Oregon loses at some point isn’t their path clear? They get in over a 2 loss PAC-12 champion and a 1 loss BIG-12 Champion. So Georgia, BIG-10 Champion, 2 loss Alabama are in. Cincy is 4.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
OU finally got officially exposed as frauds, and frankly, it's a relief

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The SEC continues their streak of being 2 good teams and a pile of wet garbage, and even Bama is suspect this year

Here’s the real question for the playoff committee: if OU runs the table and beats Baylor in the CCG avenging their loss today, are they gonna jump a 13-0 Cinci team for the 4th seed?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Stolen trivia from Reddit:

Since 2016 Kansas is…

2-3 vs. Texas

2-43 vs. the rest of the Big 12

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

DC Murderverse posted:

The SEC continues their streak of being 2 good teams and a pile of wet garbage, and even Bama is suspect this year

Here’s the real question for the playoff committee: if OU runs the table and beats Baylor in the CCG avenging their loss today, are they gonna jump a 13-0 Cinci team for the 4th seed?

very obviously yes. cinci is never making the playoffs because its only about money.

also lol at the incoming sec teams ou and texas losing

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

DC Murderverse posted:

Speaking as an OU fan, I would say probably yes, but also, we wouldn’t deserve it

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

It's funny because over a decade ago, Oklahoma was the team that hosed around with Kansas before finally eating their lunch in the second half (kinda like they did this year) while Texas just absolutely dominated from start to finish. The rate that program has depreciated since the latter part of Mack Brown's career there is kinda astouding.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern got transfer wide receiver Stephon Robinson from Kansas who is in my opinion one of the best I've seen in the program. Somehow Northwestern is more depressing than Kansas this season. What a bummer.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

George H.W. oval office posted:

Jimbo continues to earn 90 million United States Dollars with exceptional play calling against one of the worst run defenses by trusting a deer in headlights held together by kintape and painkillers.

But also lol texas

Achane was averaging *9 yards per carry* but sure, let Calzada keep slinging 100mph heaters at every receiver no matter their location on the field

C-Euro posted:

My former employer had a suite at LFF and would frequently give away Temple tickets, I went to a few games in '15 when they were getting some national buzz. That said it felt like way too large a stadium even when they were good, I can't imagine what it's like now.

The listed attendance was 18K, but that feels extremely generous. It's a tough place to win, and it really feels like all of the momentum from the Rhule era has dissipated

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

Deacs

*exhales as onside kick recovery is overturned because the NCSU guy touched it before it went 10 yards*

Bitch

My loving man. High five.

How you been?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

just wanted to say :laffo:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Zoran posted:

Speaking as an OU fan, I would say probably yes, but also, we wouldn’t deserve it

As someone who has watched multiple Cinci and OU games this year, you are correct. I haven’t watched a single game this season where I’ve thought “ah wow this OU team is playoff quality” but I have thought “oh man this is a trash fraud team that’s gotten lucky” a few times (against Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, WVU and Texas and honestly Tulane too). Their “signature win” was against a ranked Texas that has completely spiraled and a couple bigger wins against mediocre TCU/TTU teams

Honestly Okie State is probably the actual best team in the Big 12. They should still end up winning Bedlam at home, but I don’t think they’d get the same bump that OU would even though they’ve looked like a team possessed since they dropped one to ISU. OU has been fortunate not to drop any embarrassing losses but honestly the number of one-score games and the quality of the other teams in those games is probably a truer sign of the quality of the Sooners than one bad day in Ames is for the Cowboys.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

George H.W. oval office posted:

But also lol texas

Hoe the hell did Aggie beat Bama?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

curried lamb of God posted:

That game was hard to watch on TV(ish) too. Houston didn't play a very good game and Temple was helpless

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Imagine losing to FSU jfc

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

SHUT UP BITCH

TEXAS TECH

62 YARDS
GAME WINNER

S M D F T B

Byeeaaaaa

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

TEXAS IS

back

WACK

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA ran the SEC regular season table for the first time in 39 years. For all the endless debates this fanbase has had about the QB position forever, obviously the person to do this was always going to be Stetson fuckin Bennett IV.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Also that Sark hire was obviously a mistake when Texas made it, good grief I don’t know what you do here

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

When’s the last time there was a season where 1 team just so thoroughly outclassed everyone else from week 1 on? I feel like every ranked team has had at least one really embarrassing game except for Georgia, who is rolling in a prime-Bama-esque fashion

edit: I can’t decide which would be funniest: Georgia losing the championship to Cincinnati, Georgia losing the SECCG to any team that isn’t Bama (still technically possible if Bama loses to Arkansas and Auburn), or Georgia dropping a meaningless last game against GT and remaining #1?

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 14, 2021

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Fun fact: it is possible for the SEC West to end with a 6-team tie. This requires Mississippi State to beat Ole Miss (which is probably gonna happen) and Auburn and Arkansas to beat Bama (which is probably not gonna happen), plus everyone else winning their remaining conference games.

In this event, the team going to the CCG would be Auburn, because they were born of the chaos and thrive in the chaos they would have a better head-to-head against the tied teams than Bama, Ole Miss and A&M, they would have a better division record than Mississippi State, and they beat Arkansas head to head

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in 2012 i spent two hours buying weed in lawrence and met more decent people than my thirty years in austin

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My loving man. High five.

How you been?
All good here. It's been a crazy two years online and offline. How you holding up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

All good here. It's been a crazy two years online and offline. How you holding up?

Honestly a bit of a loving mess RN specifically, but I'll be okay. :)