Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I still laugh that I got to watch him quite literally poo poo his pants at that one Ohio State game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Paterno had a run of lovely teams then signs he was clearly losing it like getting into road rage incidents with undergrads.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Paterno talked his way out of a firing not all that long before the Sandusky stuff broke as I recall

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'm glad we have a spiritual successor to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN_gnUkZs-M

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i just loving love the texas longhorns so much

i'm not supposed to, but gosh, i just don't know how to quit you

(the team does though lol)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Paterno's run towards the end was actually pretty drat good, YMMV how much of that was because of the corrupt old coot himself.

Obviously the Big 10 at this point was Tresselball, losing to Appy State, and a bunch of assorted other leaden, starchy mediocracies.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

D.N. Nation posted:

Paterno's run towards the end was actually pretty drat good, YMMV how much of that was because of the corrupt old coot himself.

Obviously the Big 10 at this point was Tresselball, losing to Appy State, and a bunch of assorted other leaden, starchy mediocracies.

(Leaders)

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i just loving love the texas longhorns so much

i'm not supposed to, but gosh, i just don't know how to quit you

(the team does though lol)

They're my favorite fallen blue blood because unlike all the others that have real issues with recruiting, money and buy in from the school, Texas' problem is that everyone involved is the dumbest motherfucker possible. The coaches, athletic department, boosters, all of them are dumb as poo poo and very cocky; it makes seeing them be the only big 12 team to lose to Kansas twice in the past twelve years so extremely funny and good

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Chucktesla posted:

They're my favorite fallen blue blood because unlike all the others that have real issues with recruiting, money and buy in from the school, Texas' problem is that everyone involved is the dumbest motherfucker possible. The coaches, athletic department, boosters, all of them are dumb as poo poo and very cocky; it makes seeing them be the only big 12 team to lose to Kansas twice in the past twelve years so extremely funny and good

unfortunately, incredibly representative of the state as its flagship institution.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

Paterno's run towards the end was actually pretty drat good, YMMV how much of that was because of the corrupt old coot himself..

I suspect most of it, because it sure as hell wasn't his assistants. They had a couple of solid position coaches and Tom Bradley wasn't bad, but his defense scheme had Paterno's fingerprints all over it.

I don't even know what happened to most of the guys, which does say something about the quality of the staff. Larry Johnson landed at Ohio State and has been doing a great job there. But, he was only a position coach in the last days of the Paterno regime.

I wish he could have been retained, but they had to clear house. He'd be head coach right now, if things had played out differently.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Neil Armbong posted:

unfortunately, incredibly representative of the state as its flagship institution.

lol that they did absolutely nothing and declared the energy grid fixed and winter is coming

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I remember Houston played Penn State that year in some poo poo tier bowl game in Dallas. UH was angry having just choked a BCS bowl berth. Penn State had no head coach, no QB, and no desire to be there. The game went about like you'd think. A UH student got kicked out for wearing a Pedobear costume and nobody cared about the final score.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

lol that they did absolutely nothing and declared the energy grid fixed and winter is coming

it's p impressive. "all of these things broke at temperatures they're supposed to operate at because y'all didn't do the bare minimum to maintain/protect them."

killing our citizens and economy to own the libs

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

dirty shrimp money posted:

I remember Houston played Penn State that year in some poo poo tier bowl game in Dallas. UH was angry having just choked a BCS bowl berth. Penn State had no head coach, no QB, and no desire to be there. The game went about like you'd think. A UH student got kicked out for wearing a Pedobear costume and nobody cared about the final score.

Also Case Keenum's last game, who did a Case Keenum amount of work in the first half alone

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

PostNouveau posted:

No wonder Californians are making Texas their new home.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Just a PSA - if you're not already browsing your team's homer forums from time to time you should start. Really brings out the strangest folks

From a thread wishcasting Kiffin to Miami:

quote:

It's VERY interesting seeing who is trying to excuse and deflect from what Kiffen is doing. Mods I hope you are taking notes. This board is supposed to be Confederate free zone. As of now it looks like we have been infiltrated by the core of current Ole Miss folks, the cowards who fled and and ran to the rear when Picket's Charge was ordered. WE are descended from the enlisted men who actually followed orders and MADE the charge. THEY are descended from the cowardly officers who ordered the charge, and WATCHED as their units died in front of their eyes, and were happy it was their peasants instead of them.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Just a PSA - if you're not already browsing your team's homer forums from time to time you should start. Really brings out the strangest folks

https://twitter.com/BoardGeniuses/status/1461734959996153860

I am manifesting Bill O'Brien to LSU

https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1461753356792348674

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

You'd have to sell the kidneys of every undergrad in Baton Rouge to pay for Jimbo

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
gently caress it, let Tebow coach Florida.

We may not win poo poo but we will be a hoot to watch and make fun of.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
During pickets charge my ancestors were revolting against imperial germany so, woo? pig I guess

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Back in my days at the DawgVent a decade and a half ago, there was a regular poster who'd do This Day in Confederate History.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

D.N. Nation posted:

Back in my days at the DawgVent a decade and a half ago, there was a regular poster who'd do This Day in Confederate History.

Bet he ran out of new things to post about real fast, in the comparative scheme of things, though.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

kirby shart lol

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

current Ole Miss folks, the cowards who fled and and ran to the rear when Picket's Charge was ordered

That's odd because 1) it never happened and 2) Pickett's Charge was conducted almost exclusively by Virginian troops.

and

quote:

THEY are descended from the cowardly officers who ordered the charge, and WATCHED as their units died in front of their eyes

One of the major issues the Confederate forces had were their officers were so thoroughly slaughtered that there was no one left to order an actual retreat. Two of the six generals were wounded during the action. Trimble was even taken prisoner after his men left him behind on the battlefield.

If you're going to craft a Civil War analogy, at least get your datapoints right, internet rando.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I legitimately don't know who Washington would hire at this point, but I can't imagine anyone good wanting to leave where they're at for Seattle. Weirdly enough, our athletics are doing very well in almost every sport except, of course, basketball and football. Welp.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

kirby shart lol

Ngl this made me laugh

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

boop the snoot posted:

gently caress it, let Tebow coach Florida.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 19, 2021

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Manoueverable posted:

I legitimately don't know who Washington would hire at this point, but I can't imagine anyone good wanting to leave where they're at for Seattle. Weirdly enough, our athletics are doing very well in almost every sport except, of course, basketball and football. Welp.

It'd be funny if it was Franklin after the music stopped and USC, LSU, and Florida had chosen their guys already.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Deion Sanders head coach of Florida State
Vince Young Ricky Williams head coach of Texas
Reggie Bush Coach of USC
Tebow coach of Florida
Brian Bosworth coach of Oklahoma
Maurice Clarett coach of Ohio State

let's make this happen

e: of course ellis t. jones, honorary head coach of Tennessee, since no one watches San Jose State

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Deion Sanders head coach of Florida State
Vince Young Ricky Williams head coach of Texas
Reggie Bush Coach of USC
Tebow coach of Florida
Brian Bosworth coach of Oklahoma
Maurice Clarett coach of Ohio State

let's make this happen

e: of course ellis t. jones, honorary head coach of Tennessee, since no one watches San Jose State

I live this every day and this is a punchline to you?????

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
gently caress it, Marques Tuiasosopo to Washington, let's make it happen.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Miami head coach Ray Lewis

Too bad Lawrence Phillips is dead; but would he choke harder than Scott Frost is?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
BoB to LSU would be amazing I suggest they do it

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dirty shrimp money posted:

Miami head coach Ray Lewis

Too bad Lawrence Phillips is dead; but would he choke harder than Scott Frost is?
Well don't bring Najeh Davenport for Miami's OC because he's been known to poo poo the bed.

Metaphorically. Literally he shits the laundry basket.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Well don't bring Najeh Davenport for Miami's OC because he's been known to poo poo the bed.

Metaphorically. Literally he shits the laundry basket.

The OG scat back

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

kirby shart lol

lmao

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Uncle luke to tight ends at um, hiyooo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fast cars loose anus posted:

BoB to LSU would be amazing I suggest they do it

He’s a gigantic rear end in a top hat but he did a good job at PSU and given the situation the Texans are in now it’s hard to pin all of that on him. I do think he is a good offensive coordinator, just not sure he’d work as a recruiter in Louisiana.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s a gigantic rear end in a top hat but he did a good job at PSU and given the situation the Texans are in now it’s hard to pin all of that on him. I do think he is a good offensive coordinator, just not sure he’d work as a recruiter in Louisiana.

The Texans' current roster is almost entirely his fault, what do you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

gently caress it I’m all in for Coach Tebow. I could just cry in joy. God, imagine, if you Dabow was bad…