Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Hoe the hell did Aggie beat Bama?

Bama struggled against a pretty bad LSU team last week. This is a legitimate rebuilding year for them, first they’ve had in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

News: LMFAO

Views: Texas

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

In a strange way, I think this was UGA's most complete game. Tennessee tested our defense more than any other team. I don't want to talk any moral victory stuff, but I think once they get their players in place, Tennessee is going to be pretty good. Florida is looking like absolute dumpster fire and Kentucky has seemed deflated, so I don't know any other team in the East that is looking like they could have an upswing.

I will say, as the game went on it was frustrating watching Kirby keep starters in for way too long, but really after about midway through the first quarter, we had their poo poo figured out and made life really miserable for Tennessee. As a sidebar, this is Stetson's team, either JT is hurt, his mechanics are all out of wack after playing hurt, or he is just not getting it done in practice. Will Stetson be good enough to win it all? I dunno, but I don't think he is going to do anything to lose a game for us. It is clear that Monken trusts him because Stet was just slinging it all over the yard yesterday.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stetson will continue the proud tradition of stud qbs like buck baloo to win it all at georgia

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BrownThunder posted:

SHUT UP BITCH

TEXAS TECH

62 YARDS
GAME WINNER

S M D F T B

Byeeaaaaa

I can’t even get that mad. Losing on a 62 yarder, which is like 15 yards more than the guy even tried, you just have to laugh at it.

ISU had another bad first half, and then couldn’t climb out of the hole. Very similar to the WVU game. Not sure what has to happen, but clones really struggle against the middle of the conference. Watch them beat Oklahoma next week.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I saw this in the game thread:

“[Kansas’] First road conference win since October 4th 2008 (which was against 2-10 Gene Chizik Iowa State immediately before he was hired by Auburn which is still just the most ? thing).”

That’s crazy! I wonder if that means their last non-home conference victory was ending Chase Daniel’s regular season at Arrowhead in November 2008. THAT seems forever ago.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Dan Mullen restored the Gator Standard by scoring 70 points. Please do not pay attention to what the other side of the ball did.

Whatever the over is for Florida-Mizzou this week, mash it.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

OU looked embarrassingly loving bad yesterday. It's beyond frustrating to lose a game due to our offense and not defense--hell, the defense played pretty drat well, and gave us multiple opportunities to get back into the game.

It also loving sucks to lose to the systemic rape Baptists of Waco, gently caress Baylor always and forever.

The Kansas-Texas game takes some edge off the pain, but not nearly enough. Very real chance OU finished 9-3 this season. Iowa State is looking more and more vulnerable, though they've beaten us in Norman in very recent memory, and OSU is looking to hold us to what may possibly be football's first negative score in history.

Oklahoma State is the team to beat in the B12 now--title game will be Baylor vs. OSU, and OSU will win it, but will get snubbed from the playoffs because that's the most 'Poke outcome possible. It is their destiny.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Clanga!

That was a wild swing.

I feel bad for NC State. I've just moved to the triangle and all my neighbors are real nice NC State folks.

I'm trying to find a secondary team to root for since I live here now. Immediately everyone was like "don't root for NC State... Pull for UNC" which immediately felt like someone from Ole Miss would do to someone moving to Mississippi.

What's the NC to MS analog?

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Oklahoma State is good as hell I'm glad they realized they can just run the ball every play and play some great defense. Maybe the fifth best team in the country when it's all said and done

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Totally forgot what time we played yesterday and utterly missed the game. Sounds like we're out another running back for likely the rest of the season so gently caress me I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hed posted:

I saw this in the game thread:

“[Kansas’] First road conference win since October 4th 2008 (which was against 2-10 Gene Chizik Iowa State immediately before he was hired by Auburn which is still just the most ? thing).”

That’s crazy! I wonder if that means their last non-home conference victory was ending Chase Daniel’s regular season at Arrowhead in November 2008. THAT seems forever ago.

Oh neutral field that's why it didn't count for that particular stat. Yeah I think that's their last conference win that wasn't in Lawrence until last night.

And Chase Daniel has made like 40 million bucks while throwing 261 NFL passes since then. The world is weird.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
leaving the Big 12 to avoid Kansas

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

Ugly Tony posted:

Its true, the cowards

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Warbird posted:

Totally forgot what time we played yesterday and utterly missed the game. Sounds like we're out another running back for likely the rest of the season so gently caress me I guess.

If there's a bright side to it, it's that Trey Sanders was forced to get good play time and looked healthy. I think that's the first time he's had more than like 3 carries.

I'm terrified of what will happen to this offense if Jameson Williams gets hurt.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So...the ball is different? It's like, not round and has a funny shape?

KU fan here just trying to understand.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I really like Lance liepold and he seems like the only good coaching hire Kansas has made since mangino, but for his sake I pray he bolts for a new job the year he gets three conference wins because it's difficult to believe things getting much better than that there

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

kiimo posted:

So...the ball is different? It's like, not round and has a funny shape?

KU fan here just trying to understand.
you're allowed to bounce it as much as you want, but it's probably not a great idea

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

curried lamb of God posted:

took the Acela up to Philadelphia today to watch Houston clobber Temple in one of the saddest college sports environments I've ever experienced. the weather didn't help, but yeesh, playing at the Eagles stadium can't be a good long-term option for that program

also, lol Texas lol

Living in delaware, I'd go up to the vet with my dad for wvu games. Temple has played in empty stadiums for decades. I don't know what their agreement is with my eagles, but I'm guessing there is some sort of potential recruiting draw to say how the team plays in a pro facility. There isn't any other option besides playing somewhere way the gently caress outside the city, at a high school stadium, or maybe beg penn to play at their stadium? The school certainly will never generate enough revenue to build their own.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BonoMan posted:

Clanga!

That was a wild swing.

I feel bad for NC State. I've just moved to the triangle and all my neighbors are real nice NC State folks.

I'm trying to find a secondary team to root for since I live here now. Immediately everyone was like "don't root for NC State... Pull for UNC" which immediately felt like someone from Ole Miss would do to someone moving to Mississippi.

What's the NC to MS analog?

If you're constraining yourself to the Research Triangle, your options are loveable but hapless underdog (NC State), overrated juggernaut (UNC), and Satan (Duke) though I guess Duke football isn't the worst. Wake Forest is pretty likeable otherwise. I'm not a native Carolinian, though, I'm probably not the best insight (and these thoughts are heavily influenced by basketball obviously).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chucktesla posted:

I really like Lance liepold and he seems like the only good coaching hire Kansas has made since mangino, but for his sake I pray he bolts for a new job the year he gets three conference wins because it's difficult to believe things getting much better than that there

I mean to be fair for the near future KU's revenue is like middle of the pack in comparison to the Big 10 and that is with football at historically low levels. There is a lot of potential that things will get better there. I imagine the stadium renovations get greenlit like this morning.

I was at a resort bar in San Marcos, CA last night and random strangers were doing the rock chalk chant and the horns down thing it was amazing. Among the crowd was Phog Allen's grandson (who is in his 60s) and he's a huge booster for Kansas and he was acting like a college kid doing shots at the bar and screaming gently caress Texas and saying Leipold gets whatever he wants from here on out haha we beat Texas and I'm still riding high. I mean...we beat Texas again. Just :lol:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Godzilla07 posted:

Dan Mullen restored the Gator Standard by scoring 70 points. Please do not pay attention to what the other side of the ball did.

Whatever the over is for Florida-Mizzou this week, mash it.

70 points on an FCS school. 17 points on South Carolina the week before. :shrug:

Send the entire Florida defensive staff on a sealed train to Athens, GA in the hope that they contaminate the place.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Ugly Tony posted:

https://twitter.com/ariwasserman/status/1459741437994676225?s=21

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Jimbo’s monkey paw must have been to win the state of Alabama but lose the state of Mississippi. Another winnable situation in the 4th quarter where the play calls are like Mond is still under center and not Calzada and the crew of drop happy receivers.

Oh well, rock chalk.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
A&M might be championship bound with last year's offense.

Hell, that Aggie team was 100% good enough for a down year like this year to win it all.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Probably Magic posted:

If you're constraining yourself to the Research Triangle, your options are loveable but hapless underdog (NC State), overrated juggernaut (UNC), and Satan (Duke) though I guess Duke football isn't the worst. Wake Forest is pretty likeable otherwise. I'm not a native Carolinian, though, I'm probably not the best insight (and these thoughts are heavily influenced by basketball obviously).

This seems like a good assessment (although I don't follow basketball too much... A still open wound from Clangas 1996 loss in the final four.)

NC State it is!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

BonoMan posted:

This seems like a good assessment (although I don't follow basketball too much... A still open wound from Clangas 1996 loss in the final four.)

NC State it is!

Carter-Finley is a nice little stadium that's right up on the field. Wolfpack are good for 7-8 wins a year, go to bowls more often than they don't, and occasionally spring an upset.

But they never do anything more than that. Being in the same division as Clemson is tough. Duke has a 10-win season more recently than State.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

D.N. Nation posted:

Carter-Finley is a nice little stadium that's right up on the field. Wolfpack are good for 7-8 wins a year, go to bowls more often than they don't, and occasionally spring an upset.

But they never do anything more than that. Being in the same division as Clemson is tough. Duke has a 10-win season more recently than State.

I'm a Mississippi State fan so this is right up my alley tbh

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

lmao

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
That kick in the ttu game.

It was a different team that tech put on the field yesterday. The energy was different, the mindset.

But also lol Texas.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Texas enjoying the Nebraska curse of firing a serviceable coach thinking it was either playing for titles every year or nothing and now they are just running through coaches and becoming irrelevant.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Asproigerosis posted:

Living in delaware, I'd go up to the vet with my dad for wvu games. Temple has played in empty stadiums for decades. I don't know what their agreement is with my eagles, but I'm guessing there is some sort of potential recruiting draw to say how the team plays in a pro facility. There isn't any other option besides playing somewhere way the gently caress outside the city, at a high school stadium, or maybe beg penn to play at their stadium? The school certainly will never generate enough revenue to build their own.

Having been in the stands a few times at Franklin Field, that place is tiiiiiiiny. So maybe it's perfect for Temple? You're right that they have no space on campus to put a stadium, let alone the money for it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

D.N. Nation posted:

They are college football's most average team and produce a weird amount of NFL talent. There's something to admire about them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern is playing purdue at wrigley next week. they claimed they fixed the endzone safety issue by moving the back of the endzone like two feet further away from the brick wall.
https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1458522910860189706?s=20

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Dan Mullen had a week of good behavior in front of a microphone. Let's check in with Mullen after a shootout with FCS Samford:

https://twitter.com/zachabolverdi/status/1459626604620132358?s=21

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

James Franklin is currently 66-32. For two or more score games, his record is 47-12. In one score games, he is 21-20. This is very frustrating.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Don't worry everyone wants him as their new coach he is a very good coach with very high market value right now.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sash! posted:

James Franklin is currently 66-32. For two or more score games, his record is 47-12. In one score games, he is 21-20. This is very frustrating.

9 overtimes should count as extra one score games

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
BIG TEN (this is a high school in Ohio)

https://twitter.com/josh_mc1982/status/1459292780665188355?t=7J3L94I5nC8W90icRcTCtQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
woke up this morning and the first thing i thought of was hollering my brains out at kansas once again beating texas in football