Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The Kansas Jayhawks of Lawrence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Put Cincy in the playoff already.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

It's funny because over a decade ago, Oklahoma was the team that hosed around with Kansas before finally eating their lunch in the second half (kinda like they did this year) while Texas just absolutely dominated from start to finish. The rate that program has depreciated since the latter part of Mack Brown's career there is kinda astouding.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BonoMan posted:

Clanga!

That was a wild swing.

I feel bad for NC State. I've just moved to the triangle and all my neighbors are real nice NC State folks.

I'm trying to find a secondary team to root for since I live here now. Immediately everyone was like "don't root for NC State... Pull for UNC" which immediately felt like someone from Ole Miss would do to someone moving to Mississippi.

What's the NC to MS analog?

If you're constraining yourself to the Research Triangle, your options are loveable but hapless underdog (NC State), overrated juggernaut (UNC), and Satan (Duke) though I guess Duke football isn't the worst. Wake Forest is pretty likeable otherwise. I'm not a native Carolinian, though, I'm probably not the best insight (and these thoughts are heavily influenced by basketball obviously).

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

They are college football's most average team and produce a weird amount of NFL talent. There's something to admire about them.

NC State is always good for one (1) insane upset a year, they're kind of the ACC's equivalent to Kansas State in that respect. Don't know enough about SEC to have that conference equivalent, my eyes just see 'Bama and glaze over.