Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
The current obesity projections for the U.S make for sobering reading - nearly half of all Americans have a BMI over 30 and this is only expected to increase. The expanding waistlines are getting harder to ignore - even the GBS selfie thread can make for grim viewing at times.

There are a number of factors that people point the finger to: increasing portion sizes, added sugar, and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle. One thing I feel is overlooked is a car-centric culture which discourages walking to community centres and shops, unlike what one might find in a European city. If you had the keys to the car, so to speak, how would you go about solving this epidemic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wizard Master posted:

The current obesity projections for the U.S make for sobering reading - nearly half of all Americans have a BMI over 30 and this is only expected to increase. The expanding waistlines are getting harder to ignore - even the GBS selfie thread can make for grim viewing at times.

There are a number of factors that people point the finger to: increasing portion sizes, added sugar, and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle. One thing I feel is overlooked is a car-centric culture which discourages walking to community centres and shops, unlike what one might find in a European city. If you had the keys to the car, so to speak, how would you go about solving this epidemic?

your a loving wizard do some loving magic and fix it

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Make guns pedal-powered

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the solution to every problem in gods country is more guns.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Make entryways to food courts and fast food restaurants very narrow.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
americans are really good at inventing things, like this new kind of group exercise where they wave their favorite flags and slogans around and do a lot of shouting. it looks really self motivating and it must get them really fit cause they keep doing it everywhere!!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Wizard Master posted:

i would make a gbs thread

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Amputate an arm of everyone that is "overweight" now they will be normal weight!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bartenders tell people who have drunk too much to gently caress off all the time. Fast food workers should be given the same power.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

More fuckin :smug:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Making people thinner would be hard, require a lot of public spending, and end with the people calling me a blood drinking Satanic Communist Paedophile overthrowing my government and installing some guy that owns a sugar plantation as dictator for life.

So instead I'd bomb... uh some country that ends in "stan"...

I'd bomb Pakistan.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
have people tried tuggin maybe tug more

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sewer authorities should weigh everyones poop and charge by the gram

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
this is now a thread about whose tuggin, whose tuggin?????????????

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
for real if you are tuggin thats maybe burnin cals

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
anyone ITT tuggin???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Change "obese" from a 25 BMI to 40 BMI.
You can send my Nobel prize in the mail, I'm tired.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Gizz Master or w/e are y ou tuggion????????

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

I'm in favor of doing nothing about it. The more fat dudes around, the better I look with my borderline normal bmi

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

rain dogs posted:

I'm in favor of doing nothing about it. The more fat dudes around, the better I look with my borderline normal bmi

u tuggin??

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

I'm workin

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'd take a bible quote out of context then put it over a picture of a sunrise and clouds then post it on FB with some condescending commentary under it that is not-so-subtly aimed at my sister in law.

quote:

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Were you glorifying God at the buffet last night, Susan?

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Return to feudalism where peasants own their means of production, destroying the market for junk food and really most consumer goods.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The obesity problem will solve itself. As will all other problems given enough time

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Reboot that entire failed experiment of a country

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I’m eating all the food so no one else has to. Your welcome!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Make everyone 8-9 feet tall, then their BMIs will normal out.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Mandatory tapeworms

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Everyone who gets gastric bypass surgery gets a free NFT of their CT scan!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Education on food and nutrition as well as training for cooking, access to healthy and affordable foods, and non oppressive social, professional and government obligations that prevent someone from being taking care of themselves and not out of their own choice.

Or the goon answer would be a whole lotta mandatory laxatives.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Get Fat. Enjoy life like you should. Die like everyone else.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The medical establishment should officially endorse cake. Millions of people would stop eating cake and start ramming celery up their rear end or something

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Americans love two things: Fast food and methamphetamines.

My proposal is to put all of America's meth into fast food.

You can't eat when you're on amphetamines and you can't get amphetamines without eating.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
once again maybe if people tugged more hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
2/3 of the country is cornfields and everything that's not a major metropolitan area has poo poo awful public transportation. Fix that probably.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
People masturbate chronically when they're high on methamphetamines.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Ban processed foods and artificial preservatives.

In my completely unscientific opinion, we don't necessarily have an obesity epidemic; we have a junk food epidemic. its just too easy to eat way too many calories in anything that's heavily processed - soda, candy, pastries in plastic wrappers, fried chips made from reconstituted potato, anything from a vending machine. That sort of food is more addictive than smoking, its ubiquitous, and its very frequently the only choice. If we turned back to natural ingredients and put for the effort to make them as available as vending machines, than our animal brains should reconnect that eating a regular sized meal = feeling full.

OR

mandate everyone wears a fitbit and the death squads round you up if you don't hit your move goals. lotta scared/anxious people powerstriding at 1145pm.

if you tug with a fitbit on you can fake enough miles to walk across the US :lol:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

People masturbate chronically when they're high on methamphetamines.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol you never will unless america goes bankrupt and poo poo like a candy bar is $50 on the black market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Wait, is this why everyone keeps talking about Aaron Rogers lately?