Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Real post, when I got out of high school I was thin and fit. I hit the gym at uni, had fucken abs and looked great.

Then medical poo poo (not related to weight) hit me and I got depressed. Severely depressed. I stopped working out. I stopped caring what I ate. I got pretty large. At my height probably 330+ lbs. I wasn't happy with that but I wasn't happy with anything.

Eventually I started to improve my life and I started fixing my eating and exercise routine. I lost weight. Healthily at first. Then very not. By the end of it I realised I had a problem when I went under 50kg/110lbs, and ended up unable to function and diagnosed with anorexia. I'm 5'9" and my ideal healthy weight is roughly 80kg/175lbs. I can go lower but I look fantastic for my height and build.

The reality of going from severely overweight to severely underweight fucks you up. Neither is nice. I'm doing way better now, both mentally and physically. I work out but not too much, I eat good amounts of good food, but don't overly restrict myself.

But this poo poo is hard to get out of. My life is far more stable and I don't find myself in danger of going either way again, but when I get severely stressed my first response is to limit intake of food, and I have to consciously fight that.

I can, however, assure you I didn't eat plastic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

syntaxfunction posted:

I got bad news for you...

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Started from the bottom, now we here
They keep putting gold flakes on food in these baking programs, apparently you don't digest it.

You see where I'm going with this, right? All food must be made of solid gold.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

syntaxfunction posted:

Real post, when I got out of high school I was thin and fit. I hit the gym at uni, had fucken abs and looked great.

Then medical poo poo (not related to weight) hit me and I got depressed. Severely depressed. I stopped working out. I stopped caring what I ate. I got pretty large. At my height probably 330+ lbs. I wasn't happy with that but I wasn't happy with anything.

Eventually I started to improve my life and I started fixing my eating and exercise routine. I lost weight. Healthily at first. Then very not. By the end of it I realised I had a problem when I went under 50kg/110lbs, and ended up unable to function and diagnosed with anorexia. I'm 5'9" and my ideal healthy weight is roughly 80kg/175lbs. I can go lower but I look fantastic for my height and build.

The reality of going from severely overweight to severely underweight fucks you up. Neither is nice. I'm doing way better now, both mentally and physically. I work out but not too much, I eat good amounts of good food, but don't overly restrict myself.

But this poo poo is hard to get out of. My life is far more stable and I don't find myself in danger of going either way again, but when I get severely stressed my first response is to limit intake of food, and I have to consciously fight that.

Hey I had a very similar journey to you, just skewed a little younger. Depression and family poo poo had me pack on weight in middle school until the point I was 210 in 8th grade. And you know how middle schoolers can be when it comes to teasing.

So I took it upon myself to start exercising and I watching what I ate. The first 20lbs lost were super encouraging, but then I took it too far, too quickly. At the beginning of 10th grade, I was 6’1 and 127lbs. I intentionally limited myself to only about 800-1000 calories per day, and I stayed like that until halfway through college.

I’m much better now, but eating disorders are a bitch, and body dysmorphia never really goes away. Even at 160lbs I have to stop myself from thinking I look pudgy.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grk-_083iBs

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!
A grim indication that the worst is yet to come

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I tjink we should encourage more people to get lardy

The fatter people get the better i will look in comparison 🤩

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i’d do 9/11 about it op

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I would not change anything about the American diet but I would encourage my fellow citizens to become a nation of 350 million marathon runners.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I live in the healthiest state, so I bide time until we launch our attack.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

wizard master has spent years worrying about this lmao

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is there a quick and easy pill to take?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I guess if people had less access to hot and juicy Wendy's Baconators and had to settle for mediocre foodd like sushi, there would be less motivation to eat so much.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Pump the obese out of any wealth they may have through predatory healthcare business practices for generations until society breaks and repeat after revolution.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Is there a quick and easy pill to take?

injections. wegovy, mounjaro. map is gonna be wrong if the pharma peeps have anything to say about it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I would post a wizard master thread, abandon it for 2 years, and then come back with a new infographic

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
obesity breaking 50% is bad for society, but should be good for the forums as fat jokes increasingly become a symbol of resistance against the oppressive rotund majority.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Being obese is an act of rebellion

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If you're afraid to perform liposuction on yourself you deserve to be obese

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Ban cars.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

It’s very easy. Become depressed. Stop eating. In fact you should only eat when you’re about to pass out at work. You will lose so much weight that it’s scary. Eventually try to kill yourself and when you wind up in the psych ward they’ll say “hey buddy you’re a couple pounds away from being dangerously underweight” and make you eat. But you’ll be so skinny that eating anything other than a reasonable portion is impossible. Problem solved.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Nobody implemented my suggestions from this thread and this is the result

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
They should make it illegal to sell food at the gas station.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Extra Large Marge posted:

They should make it illegal to sell food

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

People can only eat kale.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

bob dobbs is dead posted:

injections. wegovy, mounjaro. map is gonna be wrong if the pharma peeps have anything to say about it

It's absolutely insane how effective Wegovy is. I honestly worry that there is going to be a massive backlash once it is more available, because it is a very serious threat to the profit margins of the fast food and junk food industries.

People like me before Wegovy, whose sense of satiation had been completely destroyed by terrible childhood eating habits, are going out and eating fast food every single day. We are by far that industry's most profitable customers. Now that I'm on Wegovy, though, I spend a fraction of what I used to on junk food.

So don't be surprised when the fast food industry starts whipping up the HAES movement to try and convince people that they shouldn't actually cure their obesity. They're going to lie about its effectiveness. They're going to lie about the side effects. They're going to try and convince you that it is somehow less healthy than carrying a huge amount of extra adipose tissue.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Has someone said kill at the fat people (in Minecraft)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Nooner posted:

Has someone said kill at the fat people (in Minecraft)
Or in airsoft.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Extra Large Marge posted:

They should make it illegal to sell food at the gas station.

And candy within 30 feet of cash registers at grocery stores.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mandatory Liposuction

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Make every piece of furniture have a default stand function that raises and you can only unlock it when you meet your step, hydration, and diet goals.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Just rename the country

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Reclassify obesity as > five hundo and rename it something nice like Unicornius

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

fat bossy gerbil posted:

It’s very easy. Become depressed. Stop eating. In fact you should only eat when you’re about to pass out at work. You will lose so much weight that it’s scary. Eventually try to kill yourself and when you wind up in the psych ward they’ll say “hey buddy you’re a couple pounds away from being dangerously underweight” and make you eat. But you’ll be so skinny that eating anything other than a reasonable portion is impossible. Problem solved.

Quit doxxing me.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mandatory weigh ins and if you're over 20%.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

fat bossy gerbil posted:

Wait get depressed and STOP eating? The heck. I do the opposite

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Saalkin posted:

Wait get depressed and STOP eating? The heck. I do the opposite

Not depressed enough. I recommend endless long nights staying awake contemplating the meaninglessness of existence. I mean what exactly are you? Under 100kg and under a hundred years. An infinitesimally small amount of matter and infinitesimally small amount of time. Far closer to nothing than something. Anyways good luck with your weight loss journey.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Some kind of fat removal scan. As a perfect society you have to go into these scanning devices that remove any extra weight.

xdirtypinkox
Aug 12, 2004

And it gets easier as I pass the Edward Scissorhands village where privileged white kids date rape girls and taunt me in their SUV's.
Take ephedra off the controlled substance list. We didn't have this bad of a problem in the 90's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ain't never seen a fat methhead :thunk: