Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

also its prolly something affected by gravity in some way because if you look at county level obesity levels you can literally see appalachia's southern border thing

I thought you might be on to something but you have lost me with this gravity thing lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

benitocereno posted:

Live in Appalachia - it's because you can't walk anywhere without climbing a hill and the people who live here tend to be pretty active. Hunting, hiking, etc.

I don't think it's necessarily about exercise, I think it's about day to day lifestyle. Lots of people, for example, don't count cutting firewood as exercise. It is!

Does Knoxville count as Appalachia? Because I moved there from Australia as a kid and the first thing I noticed was how fat all the kids at school were and how fat their parents were.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

my other mining example is cyprus, where the main industry was extractive open pit copper mining from the 4th millenium bc til the 1990s. fattest polity in europe

did the mines expose some kind of fat person radiation or something?