Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Bury the fish, Moola

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
will there be a funeral band?? can colorfinger play the bagpipes???

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Sudden Javelin posted:

moola bury the fish

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Isn’t it proper to flush a dead fish down the toilet?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Chrs posted:

Isn’t it proper to flush a dead fish down the toilet?

I feel that if you put the dead fish in a freezer for six months something a little extra is warranted.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wanted to ask in the other thread, but…is the fish still dead?

E: I have a dead fish above my tank. Jumped out, got trapped in the wiring of the lights. Noticed it half a year later when changing to a different light system. He‘s more like dried fish now, but I just can‘t bring it over myself to remove him. Also always stares at me when I feed the other fish.

tuo fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Nov 15, 2021

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005
Because I work hard for the money...bitch.

IGgy IGsen posted:

I feel that if you put the dead fish in a freezer for six months something a little extra is warranted.

I think fireworks are in order. Give him a good send off.

Quorthy
Apr 26, 2003

burying a fish in soil is a real mind gently caress

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gG67ETrIFMQ

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I found the only picture I took of Screamy before his passing

Here he is doing more of a gentle oooooooo

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That‘s a fine fish

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
That looks like a very pleasant and enriching fish tank, well done :unsmith:

Which makes it even more perplexing that Screamy is now stuck in a frozen prison for all eternity MOOLA PLEASE :screamy:

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

was the fish always named screamy or was it renamed post mortem

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Leave him to dry and act as a warning to the other fish.

might only work with seawater tanks though, due to the salt...I'll never remove that little fucker.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Moola posted:

I found the only picture I took of Screamy before his passing

Here he is doing more of a gentle oooooooo

tuo posted:

Leave him to dry and act as a warning to the other fish.

might only work with seawater tanks though, due to the salt...I'll never remove that little fucker.

bury your loving fish moola and tuo

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I say keep Screamy frozen as a warning to future generations

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I don't even know how he got there! They aren't even know for beeing jumpy. But I'll bury him when Moola buries Screamy.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

my fish are buried, probably

i mean a cat ate them and cats bury their poo

y'all have no excuse, bury your fish

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Mx. posted:

bury your loving fish moola and tuo

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Mx. posted:

y'all have no excuse

might be fused to the wall by now

e: okay, I'll bury the guy

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

thank u tuo, the ghost of jumpy will bless u or at least haunt u less

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

tuo posted:

might be fused to the wall by now

When jokes turn real...this is pretty gross, but I'm doing it...

e; I need some kind of spatula

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/7VfacEj.mp4

RIP Screamy :screamy:

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Not having followed the Screamy saga, when I saw the title of this thread, I immediately assumed it was about a new, epic “prank your family and friends after you’re dead” gadget: a watch that you can direct morticians to attach to your corpse’s wrist, which will then start screaming during your funeral.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

my heart is screaming with sorrow for our old fish friend

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I might have damaged some vital organs by removing my fish (which apparently is now named Jumpy?) from the wall (it's totally not my profession). Bury procedure underway. Pictures shortly.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
smash moola bury the eggs

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What's the thread's consensus on cremation for screamy? Warm him up!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This is the burial of Jumpy (I guess). He was a fish. Not the brightest. He seek life outside of water. Let us call them a "brave fish".

I am burrieng the fish where I treat my bonsai, and because that place always looks like hell, I decided to cover some of the filth up with cheap chinese knockoff lego baseplates which I once bought to build a soccer stadium. I don't know why, but that's the way it is.

This one might be not for the faint of heart, thus spoiler tags

A coffin deserving for a brave fish. It has snow on it, and trees, and a sun that shines and tries to say "look, it's drat cold but....I'm here...for you!"

(also don't mind the issue of the Koralle magazin, Jumpy wasn't a Hawai Doktorfish, but a Tangfeilenfisch, but I don't have an issue about that and I needed to cover up some more stuff)

Every good fish in it's coffin deserves some nice decoration, and I nearly broke my fingers doing this and don't judge me I hate wrapping presents and I just realized I hate wrapping dead fish in coffins

The final resting piece for Jumpy will be a bonsai bowl

The ceremony started (I'm a computer toucher, my handwriting is super bad)

Under big grief, I lowered the coffing into it's final resting place, in the hope Jumpy rests in piece in there

I sadly have no flower soil left, and I won't get out and catch COVID for this, so the substrate is fine in my book (also some speckles of my favourite pipe tobacco)

In these final words, I'd like to ask for a moment of silence for Jumpy. You can use the time to reflect on yourself if it is wise to jump outside of water if you are a fish.

Rest in piece, Jumpy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upkYQqbrjSc

tuo fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Nov 15, 2021

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

beautiful, it was a lovely service wasnt it

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I actually shed a tear

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Nice funeral.

Now EAT THE FISH Moola.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

do not eat the fish

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Moola…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbB3iGRHtqA

I‘ll bury it right beside Jumpy

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Dr.Smasher posted:

Bury the fish, Moola

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
What's the hold up here

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Thawing, I assume

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
We've buried half our fishes on page 2. We're ahead of schedule.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

tuo posted:

Thawing, I assume

He doesn't need thawing, he's only thmall, he'll fit in a matchboxth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carnotaurus
Feb 27, 2006

meat-eating bull

tuo posted:

This is the burial of Jumpy (I guess). He was a fish. Not the brightest. He seek life outside of water. Let us call them a "brave fish".

Fate has ordained that the fish who went to the lighting rig to explore in peace will stay on the rig to rest in peace.

This brave fish, Jumpy, knows that there is no hope for their recovery. But they also know that there is hope for fishkind in their sacrifice.

This fish is laying down their live in fishkind's most noble goal: the search for truth and understanding.

They will be mourned by their families and friends; they will be mourned by their nation; they will be mourned by the people of the world; they will be mourned by a Mother Earth that dared send one of her sons into the unknown.

In their exploration, they stirred the people of the world to feel as one; in their sacrifice, they bind more tightly the brotherhood of fish.

In ancient days, fish looked at aquarium lighting and saw their heroes in the constellations.

In modern times, we do much the same, but our heroes are epic fish of scale and blood.

Others will follow, and surely find their way home. Fish's search will not be denied. But this fish was the first, and they will remain the foremost in our hearts.

For every fish who looks up at the lighting rig in the nights to come will know that there is some corner of another room that is forever fishkind.