Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

So there’s a lot of talk about UniFi here, and my house came with a pair of APs pre-installed with no documentation. The circle-y ones with the LED ring in the center, they route back to a cable cabinet/some sort of PoE adapters plugged into the wall. I used to be a network guy but have literally no time to dig into how to access these things once they’re plugged in (I’ve left them off the network until I know how to admin them).

Any tips from the thread, or a better thread to ask in, etc. regarding these? They’d be fed by gigabit fiber, which right now I have plugged into one of those edgelord gaming routers I picked up during some VR work… which is fine. Any helpful resources on where to start would be great, as I have a feeling there’s a “smart home” way to deal with this poo poo through an app or whatever.

Cool thread, thanks for creating it

Edit: I’m also open to ‘let me google that for you’ burns since honestly I’m being lazy about it right now.

Edit edit: I’m guessing this is the one, same adapter etc. so at least I have a manual for now: https://dl.ubnt.com/guides/UniFi/UniFi_AP_QSG.pdf

Idiot edit: Mine are currently lit blue which doesn’t seem to be a status for the one in the manual. Anyway, it looks exactly the same but definitely consumer-level.

Dumbass edit: It’s UAP-AC-LITE and blue means the network is up somehow, so I guess I really am going to stupidly dive into this late night. Fml

hellotoothpaste fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU